Mock
HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT (/thread-9358.html)

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 04-14-2015

I liked Bill he was a real person with flaws that he could care less about.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 04-14-2015

He was the first President I voted for and I've loved him for a long time. I did have a tiny setback with him though when he said horseracing is a hobby and not a business.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 04-14-2015

(04-14-2015, 10:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:

He was the first President I voted for and I've loved him for a long time. I did have a tiny setback with him though when he said horseracing is a hobby and not a business.

It's both so he was half right. If that makes you feel better.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 04-14-2015

I got over it years ago.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 04-15-2015

I probably shouldn't expect her to be more effective at narrowing the gender pay disparity just because she's a woman, but I hope Hillary addresses the issue during her campaign.

I actually don't want to see the Fed interfere or regulate private business practices. However, if she's elected, maybe she could push some kind of equal-pay measure for Federal employers and get the ball rolling?

[Image: mccann-datalab-equalpayday.png?w=610]

There's less disparity at the lower income levels due to wages being tethered to minimum wage rates. But even there, men make about 10% more than their female counterparts and the gap widens as the income level increases. It ain't cool.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 04-15-2015

That's because they cannot parallel park. When that's figured out then we can talk about a raise.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 04-15-2015

(04-15-2015, 02:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: That's because they cannot parallel park. When that's figured out then we can talk about a raise.

I'm telling the Professor, mister. [Image: slap.gif]

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 04-15-2015

You're sexiest Maggot!

I mean, you're sexist Maggot!! 16

[Image: girl-power-resized-600.png]
^ The logo would be more appropriate if the middle finger were pointing upward, but we're waiting for that raise to come through before making the adjustment. One step at a time...

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 04-15-2015

Blowing-kisses
Who loves ya baybe!!

[Image: th?id=JN.QoXbNihWvhsEOYp72qneGw&pid=15.1...&W=160&P=0]

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Carsman - 04-15-2015

Hillary's latest position on men will cost her some votes!hah

[Image: hillary-says-1_zpspnmbxsga.jpg]

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 04-16-2015

I don't see too many people falling for that, Cars.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 04-16-2015

Baby You Can Drive My Car

When Hillary was running for President back in 2007, she got skewered during one of the Democratic primary debates on the issue of driver's licenses being made available to undocumented immigrants.

In response to a question, she said it made good sense to do so. Then, she said she opposed the idea. And, not unjustly (IMO) the other Democratic presidential hopefuls jumped all over her for being vague and inconsistent.

So, Hillary is getting out in front of that issue early this time around. She's gone on record and announced that she supports issuing driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants now (which is also Obama's stance).

I don't know if her new official position will help or hurt her. It's still a divisive issue.

Demographic changes that have made the Latino vote more important have helped shift the scales. According to recent polls:

- 64% off all Americans oppose driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants
- 26% of all Americans support the idea.
- Democrats are split, with 43% in favor and 46% against.
- Republicans largely oppose allowing undocumented immigrants to obtain driver's licenses, 81% of them are against the measure.

Among Latinos, a slight majority of 52 percent favor driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants, while 34 percent are opposed and 14 percent are not sure. Latinos typically rank immigration-related issues as more important than do American voters overall.

Since 2013, ten states, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, have embraced the idea, concluding that the policy is economically sound, humane and better for law enforcement.

[Image: DL_Map_november.gif]

Personally, I see both clear pros and clear cons in issuing driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants and don't have a firm opinion for or against it at this time.

Refs:
http://www.nilc.org/driverlicensemap.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/16/clinton-drivers-licenses-undocumented_n_7072570.html

Isn't undocumented immigrant just a pc way of saying illegal alien?

I don't agree with Hillary.

Christ on a cracker.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - username - 04-16-2015

Have you tried to visit a DMV office this year? They're absolutely overwhelmed with illegal immigrants obtaining their driver's licenses. I tried to book an appt for my son to get his permit and they were booked at least 3 months out.

I think that was a Hillary mistake and she might have been better off using the old "the voters in each state should be able to make that decision" line. It is a divisive issue and, while I haven't really researched the pros/cons of doing it, my uneducated vote would be "no". Just because. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I wonder if Hillary is supporting driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants/illegal aliens because it really does make good sense to her again.

It could be that she's coming out in support of it because there's a hell of a lot of Latino votes at stake in the Presidential election and the majority of them are in favor of the idea.

(04-16-2015, 11:47 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It could be that she's coming out in favor of it because there a hell of a lot of Latino votes at stake in the Presidential election and the majority of them are in favor the idea.

I believe this.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 04-16-2015

The coming signs...............

[Image: th?id=JN.9KSxz%2fqQnm2JbOKX%2fdR6hA&pid=15.1&P=0]

[Image: th?id=JN.01GP%2fLhL25sW3V2kigfNzA&pid=15.1&P=0]

[Image: th?id=JN.KYa29ZzMDNJDIIJb%2bUYxXw&pid=15.1&P=0]

[Image: th?id=JN.Bxfd2kSs5nkEkIvqeVyAfg&pid=15.1&P=0]

[Image: th?id=JN.1lzyXXWzQk1WbJV5zlisdA&pid=15.1&P=0]

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - username - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 11:47 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It could be that she's coming out in support of it because there a hell of a lot of Latino votes at stake in the Presidential election and the majority of them are in favor of the idea.

Yeah but as you rightly pointed out, there are a LOT of people opposed to the idea. I think she would have been better off with the line I suggested. Not opposed but not promoting it at a federal level. It really should be up to the voters in each state to decide. And, it will probably eventually pass in the states with a high Latino population (at minimum).

Maybe she's worried about Rubio but as a Democrat, she's already (typically) "got" a large part of the minority vote. I think it was a mistake. Dramaqueen

I don't disagree with any of your points, user. I was a little surprised that Hillary came out with a definitive statement on this particular issue so early.

I don't think her vagueness in regards to driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants back in 2007 is a big weak spot for her in this campaign. Republicans have much bigger scabs to pick with her and it's not like a vast majority of Latinos are in favor of the idea anyway.

But, the Hispanic and Latino vote is almost 10% of the total, and growing. The GOP is trying to court them away from the Democratic party, and succeeding in some ways. Nearly 40% of Latinos voted Republican in the 2010 midterm elections, though Obama set a record with 75% of the Latino vote in the 2012 Presidential election.

I don't think that Hillary can safely assume that Latinos aren't able to be courted away from the Democratic party. Nor do I think it's a safe bet that Latinos drawn to Obama would also be drawn to her. The Republicans now have two Hispanic candidates in the race (how much influence that has on moderate and independent Latino and Hispanic voters is debatable). And, a good portion of Hispanics and Latinos do not support gay marriage, abortion and other typically Democratic positions on social issues.

I think immigration policy is gonna be a bigger issue in 2016 than it has been in past elections and candidates aren't gonna be able to side-step it so easily this time out. It could win or lose a lot of key votes for either party. Maybe the driver's license issue was Hillary's way of dipping her big toe before diving straight into the larger issue of immigration policy? I'm just thinking out loud here; opinions only.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 04-16-2015

Screw promising licenses, just start giving away free cars like Ellen or Oprah. I can see it now, vote for me and you will get a chance to win a brand new KIA.