Mock
HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT (/thread-9358.html)

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 08-30-2015

I actually don't think Trump would arrange to have the public turn against him. I think the adoration and popularity are too important to him.

If he decides to drop out, I think he'll position it as being because he was "not treated nicely or fairly" by media or other politicians or someone in the system, like he's done with Megyn Kelly and Jorge Ramos.

My guess is that Trump would choose the role of martyr over "loser" or "quitter".

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - sally - 08-30-2015

I think he's going to take it, mark my words.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - username - 08-30-2015

I don't know why but I think he'll pledge Republican and drop out when his Republican primary numbers show he doesn't have a chance. I don't think he'll actually run as an independent. Just a hunch.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Carsman - 08-31-2015

(08-30-2015, 10:03 PM)sally Wrote: I think he's going to take it, mark my words.

God (not a friend of O's) help us if he did!

The Donald lacks the decorum required of a "politician" to be POTUS.

I've said it before, his brashness would hurt us :

Instead of him saying, "China", you're fired!

I'm afraid He'd say: "Fire" at China! hah

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 08-31-2015

(08-28-2015, 11:28 PM)username Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 11:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 09:25 PM)pyropappy Wrote: I thought this thread was about the Hellbitch’s quest to occupy the White House; excuse me for offering my opinion to help dissuade people from making that choice. I understand the “useful idiots” she has enthralled find that completely unacceptable, but none the less I will continue with my desire to educate people to make better choices. I am well aware my task will be extremely daunting

At this point I feel I have proven I am more enlighten and informed than you. I am sure the reason is I am not a closed minded egotistical quisling. Please use a different tactic when you respond to this post; using the straw man argument a third time will show everyone your limitations.

I like reading everyone's opinions, pappy. Sometimes, I become curious and ask questions, like I did with you.

You never answered my question, and that's not a problem for me. Instead, you chose to deflect from answering by tossing out your brilliant "straw-man argument", "head up your ass" and "parrot" assertions, to which I responded. Clearly, you still don't understand what those terms mean in context -- despite having consulted that non-mainstream source known as Wikipedia -- since once again, you're ignorantly projecting your personal attributes onto others.

That "useful idiots" term you've borrowed refers to political propagandists. Do you know what that means and how to use it in context, pappy? It seems not. In your last post, you confirmed what was already clear; that you are on a self-proclaimed mission to convince people not to vote for Hillary Clinton, whom you consider a scary, hell-bitch, cunt. That makes you a political propagandist, pappy (whereas I don't care one way or the other who votes for Hillary Clinton). I'd say that also makes you a "useful idiot", only I don't think the "useful" part is accurate.

Anyway, if ever you develop the ability to espouse an opinion or pose a theory without becoming spastic when someone asks you a question about it or requests that you provide some foundation or insight to support it, maybe there will be something to discuss or debate with you.

For now, I'll let you bask in the glory of having convinced your non-egotistical, open-minded, exceptionally-enlightened self that you have proved yourself superior to me. I'll survive -- congratulations winner.

I love a good smack down.

[Image: EIO1FS4o3aFz2.gif]

You're out of your league, PP. You'd be better off gracefully acknowledging when you've had your ass handed to you as opposed to continuing this debate with HotD. But, if you don't, at least it's entertaining watching you make a fool of yourself.
Who's the dude in the dress? Clang?

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 08-31-2015

(08-30-2015, 10:03 PM)sally Wrote: I think he's going to take it, mark my words.

Well, if you're right, we'd be able to vote him out and elect someone else in four short years if he doesn't cut the mustard.

Kanye West announced at last night's MTV Awards that he plans to run for president in 2020.

[Image: kanye-west-photobombed-a-selfie-kim-kard...lywood.jpg]

He hopes to be running against Hillary Clinton, who he and his wife strongly support to take over the Presidency when Obama leaves office in 2016.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 10:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Well, if you're right, we'd be able to vote him out and elect someone else in four short years if he doesn't cut the mustard.

Kanye West announced at last night's MTV Awards that he plans to run for president in 2020.

[Image: kanye-west-photobombed-a-selfie-kim-kard...lywood.jpg]

He hopes to be running against Hillary Clinton, who he and his wife strongly support to take over the Presidency when Obama leaves office in 2016.
Longest, nonsensical, ridiculous, egotistical, rambling acceptance speech ever.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 08-31-2015

Amen.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 09-04-2015

Released Emails

I really don't like reading them. It feels wrong. But, still, there they are in the political pages and so I do.

From what I've seen so far, it's boring risk-free stuff and Clinton seems focused and polite and sometimes kinda funny in her communications.

One of the emails confirmed for me that Clinton is being completely honest in her commitment to campaign finance reform and not just paying it lip service; good on her.

Clinton on Citizens United
"FYI: Any foreign nation or leader with a front company becomes a 'person' under US law," Blumenthal wrote in the subject line of his email sent in the days after the Supreme Court decided Citizens United v. FEC.

HRC reply: "This is unbelievable. Or maybe totally so given the forces at work."

Blumenthal suggested the possibility of a legislative fix, something about which Clinton seemed skeptical.

HRC reply: "Not sure there is a legislative fix. Haven't read the opinion yet. May require constitutional amendment."

If they're not already, I think Hillary's PR team should be strategizing in regards to making some of the released emails work in her favor with the public -- like this one did for me. There may be publicly-released emails that back up some of her positions which opponents have challenged as disingenuous; she can prove them wrong.

Emails: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/hillary-clinton-2016-emails-must-read-213207#ixzz3kmI6z2CF

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 09-04-2015

Crap..........Deflategate II

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Ski at 1SKY6 - 09-04-2015

I like Trump. While other politicians facing what he has had, would stand there and hedge and have to launch an exploratory mission and have to get back to you on that, Trump gives immediate answers. When others would be knocked off their equilibrium Trump stands and delivers. He is a welcomed addition to the process and resonates with the part of me that feels, I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 11:19 AM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote: I like Trump. While other politicians facing what he has had, would stand there and hedge and have to launch an exploratory mission and have to get back to you on that, Trump gives immediate answers. When others would be knocked off their equilibrium Trump stands and delivers. He is a welcomed addition to the process and resonates with the part of me that feels, I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!
I think that's why he's leading in the polls. People are sick and tired of traditional politicians.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 09-04-2015

I viewed him as entertainment in the beginning and would listen to what he had to say almost nightly, now I don't even do that.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 09-04-2015

I'm glad, politicians are way to established most have never worked a real job. They are lawyers with power, fairly scary.

(09-04-2015, 11:34 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I viewed him as entertainment in the beginning and would listen to what he had to say almost nightly, now I don't even do that.

I think Ivana must feel that way too. I can just see her saying, This is just like that Peter Sellers movie, Being There.

Clinton Addresses Email Controversy (and Iran Deal and Trump...)

In just her third televised interview since launching her second presidential bid, Hillary Clinton told MSNBC reporter Andrea Mitchell that she regretted her actions had 'raised a lot of questions, but there are answers to all these questions.'

Asked specifically if she should apologize – 'Are you sorry?' – Clinton said, 'I take responsibility and it wasn’t the best choice,' she said, adding 'I now disagree with the choice that I made.'

When Mitchell suggested that there's a chance her 2016 White House run could evaporate much as her 2008 bid did – in the dust of a candidate whom the Democratic Party's rank and file see as more authentic - Clinton protested. 'I don't feel that, I feel that I have questions to answer, which I intend to do at every turn .. about the whole email issue, and keep saying the same thing.'

The Interview:

The Republican National Committee responded immediately after the interview aired.

'What’s clear is Hillary Clinton regrets that she got caught and is paying a political price, not the fact her secret email server put our national security at risk,' said RNC spokesman Michael Short

'Hillary Clinton's repeated distortions of her growing email scandal, which now involves an FBI investigation, and her refusal to apologize only reinforce why three-fifths of the country doesn't trust her.'

As a result, her public polling numbers have slipped steadily. One recent survey found words like 'liar' and 'dishonest' were the first to leap to mind when Americans are asked to describe her. 'Certainly,' Clinton admitted in the interview, 'it doesn't make me feel good.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222656/Hillary-says-disagree-choice-email-server-WON-T-apologize-admits-doesn-t-make-feel-good-Americans-call-liar.html#ixzz3kni4QX3i

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - ramseycat - 09-04-2015

She's a liar.

(09-04-2015, 03:49 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: When Mitchell suggested that there's a chance her 2016 White House run could evaporate much as her 2008 bid did – in the dust of a candidate whom the Democratic Party's rank and file see as more authentic - Clinton protested. 'I don't feel that,

I, for one, feel that!

I want a candidate more authentic than her.

I understand why people don't find her authentic, or don't like her Ski.

I'm neutral about Clinton myself.

After listening to some Presidential candidates make fantastical claims and then refuse to address requests to back them up (Trump), contradict themselves within days (Bush), call other world leaders derogatory names (Rubio), engage in petty feuds with media reporters (Trump again), ignore the Constitution........I've gotta say that Hillary's professionalism and knowledge was refreshing to hear today.

She easily comes across as the best qualified person to hit the ground running as President and knows the issues and players better than anyone else in the race (unless Biden jumps in), in my opinion. That's more appealing to me than candidates who say whatever pops into their heads or mimic what they think is working for another candidate, even if those other candidates appear more authentic or amusing.

Anyway, the next Republican debate is on CNN on Sept 16th. I hope Rubio does well, I like him on some issues and he is usually professional and knowledgeable. Fiorina will be on the main debate stage this time - I'm interested in hearing from her too (and Kasich).

Too bad the Democratic debates don't start til October.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Carsman - 09-05-2015

I'm voting for Hillary, same reason I said in post #384!