Mock
HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT (/thread-9358.html)

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 06-05-2016

(06-05-2016, 12:23 PM)Donovan Wrote: Maggot, Your misappropriation of the term "Brown shirts" tells me you understand very little of what the originals did and stood for, and even less of what is happening today. In point of fact Brown shirts weren't mercenaries or paid protesters. They were zealots and militia members whose rabid support of a widely ridiculed political clown helped him rise to power and into a position he never would have gained without their aid and never should have had. Of course, most were extremely weak minded and stupid, and so were discarded once their clown candidate had access to real genuine military might. Historians point to the "night of broken glass" as their last point of relevance.

Now who, in this election, is widely considered a joke or clown candidate, is reviled and ridiculed by all thinking persons, but has managed to parlay his influence with the especially weak minded to push him higher than he deserves to be? It's okay if you can't figure out the answer on your own. That's how he likes it.

Brownshirts are almost like FEMA troopers today. It's not the Hillary supporters fault that they have become enamored with her on screen persona that is the intent as its always been. I see her as proof that most politicians are corrupt and will use as many "friends" as possible to toss under the bus and enter an arena. It seems America is at an impasse that it needs to break through and most people have seen who tossed the first stone. If words are powerful deeds are omnipotent. Its not your fault really, fairytales are not real and presidential candidates are not sent from heaven, they are just people.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 06-05-2016

(06-05-2016, 12:52 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Hillary is excellent at debating.

Yes, she is. I've never been so psyched to watch debates in my life as I am to watch Hillary & Donald. I hope he gets pissed. I watched him the other day and he was more than a little annoyed and it was great. He doesn't have a filter. Hahaha! *applauds* I'd love to see him lose his composure in a major way.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - crash - 06-05-2016

(06-04-2016, 02:36 PM)F.U. Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 10:10 AM)crash Wrote: Wow..4 posts in a row. Pity the rest of the people that have to deal with you today given half your mental capacity is spent..

Wow, you counted to 4, I am impressed. Keep up the good work little buddy.

Heh..no prizes for second, Yosemite Sam..

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Donovan - 06-05-2016

@maggot I'm not going to try and decipher that rant of misinformation and fractured soundbytes you tried to string together up there. It was an incoherent mess. Much like Trump himself. Pull it Together in some kind of cohesive point that isn't regurgitated nonsense.

Meanwhile, welcome back to Onbendedknee. Been a while!

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 06-06-2016

That's OK you've said a bunch of crazy stuff yourself so I suppose we're even.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 06-06-2016

I think the DNC is really feeling the Bern, and not in a good way.

Clinton won some more delegates over the weekend and will reach the number of required delegates to secure the nomination after tomorrow's primaries, if Super Delegates are counted, even if Sanders wins the popular primary vote by a few percentage points in California.

Without Super Delegates, Clinton will still be ahead of Sanders and will have won the majority of popular votes, but won't likely get to the required 2,383 delegates. But, if you add only the Super Delegates from states that Hillary won, she'd hit that number.

Bernie says he'll go to a contested convention anyway and try to win over the Super Delegates. I don't think he has much of a choice unless he wants to lose his leverage to influence the democratic platform and risk demotivating his supporters.

One thing that surprised me this weekend - Bernie was asked about the Clinton Foundation donations. I think he answered honestly, which is not good for Clinton in this case. He said, yes -- he absolutely has a problem with the fact that the charity accepted large donations from countries which have terrible records when it comes to freedom of speech, women's rights, gay rights, etc... I won't be surprised if Trump uses that against Clinton, like he did Bernie's "bad judgement" characterization of Clinton.

This week in politics should be very interesting.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 12:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think the DNC is really feeling the Bern, and not in a good way.

I was going to ask you about this today. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I've been reading/hearing quite a bit about the Dems wanting him to back off now. I think Bernie has to do what he has to do. He has a tremendous amount of support and frankly, I would hate to see him viewed as "caving". I like Bernie but I don't agree with some of his positions. I want his support for Hillary and I'm hoping some conclusion can be reached without people being alienated.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 06-06-2016

(06-05-2016, 12:52 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Love her or hate her, Hillary is excellent at debating. She knows how to wait for the correct moment to pounce and allows her adversary time to make statements that are then easily proven to be (potentially) false.
She is a skilled politician.

Now, whether that is what our country needs at this time, I honestly don't know.
The alternative? I'm also unsure.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 06-07-2016

CNN is reporting this as breaking news -

Hillary Clinton clinched the Democratic presidential nomination Monday, according to CNN's delegate and superdelegate count, and will become the first woman in the 240-year history of the United States to lead the presidential ticket of a major political party.

A strong showing in Puerto Rico's Democratic primary on Sunday and additional support from superdelegates put Clinton, 68, over the top to become the presumptive nominee. She has secured 1,812 pledged delegates and 572 superdelegates for a total of 2,384 delegates -- one more than needed for the nomination.

I think Bernie will hold a press conference late tonight or early tomorrow saying he is ending his run. Now Hillary can focus completely on Donald. This is going to be one sweet ride.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 05:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I think Bernie will hold a press conference late tonight or early tomorrow saying he is ending his run. Now Hillary can focus completely on Donald. This is going to be one sweet ride.
I wouldn't put money on that if I were you.

Well, I don't place bets but I feel pretty confident that that's exactly what is going to come about in the next day or two. We shall see.

A Super PAC supporting Hillary put this out today -

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 06-08-2016

^ I think that's a really effective ad.

Hillary Making History

[Image: 20527856-mmmain.jpg]
(Image source: Cleveland.com)

Finally............

Ninety-six years after women won the right to vote, a woman stands a chance of winning the White House.

Hillary Clinton -- former first lady, former U.S. senator, and former secretary of state -- has become the first woman to capture a major-party nomination for president, taking another step in a journey that once seemed impossible, but over the last eight years has seemed inevitable.

Clinton, now the presumptive Democratic nominee, faces a general election race against Republican Donald Trump that will be seen as a referendum on women in politics, gendered stereotypes about power, and women as a voting bloc. Polls show dramatic splits based on gender, with men going for Trump and women favoring Clinton -- even as Clinton has struggled with winning over young female voters in her primary run against Bernie Sanders.

"I know we have never done this before. We've never have had a woman president," she said Saturday night in Fresno, California. "That is why I want you to understand, that I have spent eight years in the Senate on the Armed Services Committee, four years as secretary of state. I have spent a lot of hours in the Situation Room working to solve some of the hardest problems we face. And I know how hard this job is and how much humility you need to have and how you should actually listen to people who have good ideas."

On Tuesday, after victories in California and New Jersey, she was embracing the historic nature of her accomplishment.
"This campaign is about making sure there are no ceilings, no limits on any of us and this is our moment to come together," she said in a nod to her 2008 concession speech, in which she said that campaign had put cracks in the "highest, hardest glass ceiling."

Full story: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/clinton-first-woman-nominee-democratic-primary/index.html

Of course, not everyone is happy to see a woman finally earning a major party POTUS nomination (at least not this particular woman).

[Image: glass_ceiling__mike_flugennock.jpeg]
(Image source: cartoonmovement.com)

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - sally - 06-08-2016

(06-07-2016, 02:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:

A Super PAC supporting Hillary put this out today -

Oh for fuck's sake. They're exploiting a disabled child for a stupid campaign ad. To me that's worse than Trump behaving like his usual self where he mocks everyone.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Donovan - 06-08-2016

The interesting thing is that everyone is hating on Hillary supporters for pressuring Bernie to step down, when that's exactly what they asked her to do eight years ago when it became clear Obama had snaked the nomination. And every one of the GOP candidates were pressured to bow out this year to Trump. That's just politics.
I've been saying from the start Bernie is a lot more comfortable railing against the establishment than being the key figure in it.

(06-08-2016, 01:56 PM)Donovan Wrote: I've been saying from the start Bernie is a lot more comfortable railing against the establishment than being the key figure in it.

I think that's probably true.

But, I don't see anybody hating on Hillary over it at this point, except for very passionate Bernie supporters.

I admire what Bernie stands for, what he's accomplished against all odds, and (for the most part) how he accomplished it. His candidacy is very good for the country, in my view.

I could vote for Bernie over Donald without hesitation. But, I think Clinton, Kasich, Bush, and (perhaps) Graham could probably lead the country more effectively than Mr. Sanders.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 06-09-2016

So, President Obama and Bernie Sanders are meeting now. I'd like to be a fly on the wall.

These are the points that Bernie hopes to get incorporated into the Democratic platform in order to officially get behind Clinton and rally for her.

- A $15 federal minimum wage,
- Stricter financial regulations on Wall Street banks,
- Bolstered paid family and medical leave policies,
- Greater college accessibility for all who get good grades in high school and are willing to work 10 hours a week, plus a public education benefit,
- Greater federal restrictions on carbon and fracking.

The issue of trade, in particular, is likely to be a contentious point as Sanders makes the rounds in Washington since many party leaders, and Clinton, do not share his more left-of-center views. But Sanders believes his campaign has pushed the debate leftward on that front.

Ref: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/seeking-to-exit-on-his-own-terms-bernie-sanders-comes-to-washington-thursday/2016/06/09/0b252f10-2e39-11e6-9de3-6e6e7a14000c_story.html

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 06-09-2016

(06-09-2016, 12:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, President Obama and Bernie Sanders are meeting now. I'd like to be a fly on the wall.

Me too!

The meeting is over now, it just finished. Bernie said this - Bernie Sanders on Thursday emerged from a White House meeting with President Barack Obama and vowed to work together with Hillary Clinton to defeat Donald Trump in November.

Story