Mock
HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT (/thread-9358.html)

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - sally - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 12:05 PM)Donovan Wrote: Well the way I figure it either you anti-Hillary conspiracy nutjobs are completely wrong about her and she'll be a fine president, or they're all right about her and she's a murderous vindictive alien overload lizard person capable of getting to her enemies no matter what.

Either way, not a person I want to wind up on the bad side of. Good luck in the FEMA camps you idiot tin foil hat motherfuckers.

Well the FEMA camp would be a step up for you so what the hell do you care, you fruitcake.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 12:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You don't know the difference between a 'conspiracy theory' vs. undisputed facts and proven track record, do you Gunnar?

Rhetorical.
I know Hilary's proven track record of lying. I know Dono thinks that if Trump get's elected he will start killing Americans. Is that what you mean HotD?

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 06-24-2016

No, Gunnar.

A conspiracy theory doesn't apply to something someone fears will happen in the future.

A conspiracy theory deals with unproven allegations of covert activity to explain past events.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 06-24-2016

Blowing-kisses I do understand that some people are wired differently.

(06-24-2016, 01:00 PM)Maggot Wrote: Blowing-kisses I do understand that some people are wired differently.

Hey.............let's get our wires crossed! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 06-24-2016

I'm glad its Friday. That's for sure! I'm all up for wire crossing.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 12:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: No, Gunnar.

A conspiracy theory doesn't apply to something someone fears will happen in the future.

A conspiracy theory deals with unproven allegations of covert activity to explain past events.
That's not entirely true: "the idea that many important political events or economic and social trends are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public."

(06-24-2016, 01:08 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 12:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: No, Gunnar.

That's not entirely true: "the idea that many important political events or economic and social trends are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public."

Well, the alleged secret plots had to be devised before they were executed, of course. But, you're right Gunnar, conspiracy theories can sometimes be applied to present and future events.

In the context of what we've been discussing, Donovan's concern that Donald Trump has the temperament and mindset to kill or encamp Americans if elected President is not a conspiracy theory. It's a concern based on an assessment and doesn't suggest that Donald Trump is seeking the presidency in order to execute a covert plot, or that he's a puppet of some secret organization seeking the White House to wreak havoc on certain segments of the population, or anything like that.

I haven't read any conspiracy theories about Donald Trump here at Mock or in the media. I've read condemnation of his public statements against large groups of people, his willingness to inflict financial hardship on others for personal gain, his frequent lies and false claims to support his stated opinions on the issues, his years-long campaign contending Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya...all facts leading to fears that a Trump presidency would harm the country... That's not conspiracy theory.

I've also read some concerns about a Hillary presidency based on the fact that she's told some documented lies, negative opinions regarding her judgment and general character, etc. That's not conspiracy theory either.

But, I have read many Hillary conspiracy theories presented as fact by posters at Mock, by Donald Trump and company, in the media.....in relation to the Benghazi terror attack, the email server, the death of JFK Jr, the death of Vince Foster, uranium deals, etc...

So, what's been posted in regard to Trump is not interchangeable with conspiracy theories posted in regard to Hillary Clinton. Still...it's all interesting to read for the most part.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Donovan - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 12:49 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 12:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You don't know the difference between a 'conspiracy theory' vs. undisputed facts and proven track record, do you Gunnar?

Rhetorical.
I know Hilary's proven track record of lying. I know Dono thinks that if Trump get's elected he will start killing Americans. Is that what you mean HotD?

I think if Trump is elected people will probably die, yes. Not the day after the election. But historical precedent being what it is, and the anger and hatred of the most extreme groups being what they are...Trump with power is a very dangerous thing. Extremely smart people agree. Smarter than you, Father of the Year.

However, there's a good possibility we will have some explosive reactions even if he doesn't win. Because his supporters that will remain are stupid and prone to violence, He's losing the fearful ones.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 06-25-2016

I feel like Bernie is trying to manipulate Hillary into making some concessions before he'll endorse her. I don't like that so I say fuck 'em, move on and don't worry about his endorsement. For what it's worth, the polls say 75% of his supporters will vote for her.

I'm not opposed to free community college for people but how the hell are you going to pay for that? I don't know what to think about $15.00 an hour for flipping burgers. I've always viewed that as a kid's after school job, not a job to raise a family on.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 06-25-2016

Wooooo.

Hank Paulson, the Republican Treasury secretary during the 2008 financial crisis, has endorsed Hillary Clinton, adding his name to prominent GOP heavyweights who are backing the presumptive Democratic nominee.

"I'll be voting for Hillary Clinton, with the hope that she can bring Americans together to do the things necessary to strengthen our economy, our environment and our place in the world," Paulson wrote in The Washington Post. "To my Republican friends: I know I'm not alone."

Paulson's support comes days after Brent Scowcroft, a top national security adviser to Republican presidents dating back to Gerald Ford, similarly backed Clinton, and Robert Kagan, a prominent Republican neoconservative, is headlining a fundraiser for Clinton, Foreign Policy reported on Thursday. Last week, Richard Armitage, who served in the State and Defense Departments under Bush and President Ronald Reagan, announced he will vote for Clinton.

Story

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - pyropappy - 06-25-2016

[Image: Hillary-Alligator-copy.jpg?w=600]

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - pyropappy - 06-25-2016

[Image: file.php?id=5233]

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - sally - 06-25-2016

hah

I thought that one was pretty funny for some reason.

Edit: I meant the alligator one.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Donovan - 06-25-2016

Hillary fuck an alligator up if she wanted to. She'd have a nice Gucci bag by tomorrow.

(06-25-2016, 05:57 AM)Duchess Wrote: I don't know what to think about $15.00 an hour for flipping burgers. I've always viewed that as a kid's after school job, not a job to raise a family on.[/i][/size]

Well coming from someone whose job is to hire people in a construction industry I would say it's not a good thing. They don't know what the fuck they're doing, they don't show up, they have no work ethic, they quit after a week and you have to break even after workmans comp because they did nothing but stand around with their thumb up their ass.... I think a better idea is a mandatory raise to $15.00 an hour after they've been there for so long and can show they're not another fucking loser.

(06-25-2016, 12:34 PM)Donovan Wrote: Hillary fuck an alligator up if she wanted to. She'd have a nice Gucci bag by tomorrow.

I know she'd bite the alligators balls off, but something about her old fat ass out there wading in the water made me laugh.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 06-25-2016

photochop

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 06-26-2016

(06-25-2016, 05:57 AM)Duchess Wrote: I feel like Bernie is trying to manipulate Hillary into making some concessions before he'll endorse her. I don't like that so I say fuck 'em, move on and don't worry about his endorsement. For what it's worth, the polls say 75% of his supporters will vote for her.

I'm not opposed to free community college for people but how the hell are you going to pay for that? I don't know what to think about $15.00 an hour for flipping burgers. I've always viewed that as a kid's after school job, not a job to raise a family on.

To me, Bernie understands better than any other candidate what's going on with people in all parts of our country.

Decades of mismanaged globalization and capitalism, under leadership (mostly elected) who profit from that mismanagement (some of it intentional) at the expense of blue collar workers and the less educated -- that's my take on what Bernie is protesting. He wants elected politicians to be on notice and held responsible for fixing what's broken. Elected representatives are supposed to work for the good of the people, not only the most financially well-endowed individuals and special interests.

He didn't expect to be elected when he joined the race. His goal was to wake some of us regular people up with the facts and present a framework as to how to start leveling the playing field so that those who work hard, or wanna work hard, can get ahead financially instead of continuing to struggle and stay stagnant.

That's not to say that people who excel, or inherit, or work harder, or donate to politicians should be punished or are bad people. But, such fortunate people should have to pay their fair share in taxes instead of getting special breaks and benefits.

Companies that outsource or relocate for cheap labor and financial incentives from the host country should not be rewarded for it by the American government at the expense of the American working class (made up of people of all races and backgrounds who should all have equal opportunities).

He's right, in my opinion. He's also right that some aspects of a capitalistic economic system should be removed from profit motive and instead be treated and viewed as social and humanitarian issues, like education and health care. You want to pay for elite health care and higher education? No problem. That will be available and it's your choice. However, every US citizen should have adequate access to health care. Every US citizen who gets good grades in high school and is willing to work 10 hours a week should be able to go to college without accumulating tens of thousands $$ in debt.

A more informed, higher skilled, healthier society, with a better average standard of living -- and a less skewed/'rigged' political and criminal justice system -- are the goals. That's what I hear from Bernie.

His message doesn't hate on anybody and he's told the truth about higher taxes and a bump in minimum wage being required to get things moving in the right direction, knowing that would not be popular to a lot of people who currently hold power and wealth, to many older people who are resistant go change, and likely to lots of small business owners like me who will be negatively financially impacted in the short term. He didn't lie; he took the risk of being honest and of being written off. That's not what happened. It's very good for the Democratic Party and the country that Bernie Sanders wasn't intimidated by the Democratic candidate who was the party's presumptive nominee for at least a year before the primaries even got started. Good on Bernie Sanders.

I respect the man, even though I don't think the country is ready to implement the changes he's proposed, in whole, at this time and wouldn't have voted for him.

Hillary Clinton is a charter member of the establishment and leadership mindset that Bernie and his millions of supporters are protesting. That doesn't make her evil and doesn't mean she's not much better for the society as a whole than Donald Trump, of course. But she has benefiited greatly from the Bern being expressed loudly and repeatedly for the last year. Bernie gave her the opportunity to avoid finding herself in a similar state of shock that David Cameron is feeling today, in my opinion.

The tuition-free plan under Bernie's proposal would be paid for by a fraction of a percentage tax placed on high volume speculative transactions that contribute to market crashes. It's done in several other countries/markets.

In my opinion, people who believe a minimum wage job in today's America is only for burger flippers and losers are out of touch. Check your privilege! Smiley_emoticons_smile I'm mostly joking about the privilege, but young people, seniors, and people displaced from other industries who have a solid work ethic will take what's available, including minimum wage jobs or jobs that pay at minimum wage plus a certain percentage. They would rather work than sit home and collect unemployment and/or government welfare. Such people are not begrudged by me in the least. And, I think they should be to able to generate above poverty-level income and have a better standard of living from working full time or near full time than from collecting welfare.

Ps. I'm outta town. Apologies for not being able to break up this novel of a post into smaller ones. I suck at posting from my phone.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 06-26-2016

(06-26-2016, 10:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: In my opinion, people who believe a minimum wage job in today's American is only for burger flippers and losers is out of touch.

Speaking only for myself, you're right about this. I don't even know what minimum wage is right now and as an adult I've never worked for it.

Per usual, I agree with your post.

I like Bernie and in theory I agree with a lot of what he says.