Mock
HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT (/thread-9358.html)

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 09-13-2016

(09-13-2016, 05:30 PM)sally Wrote: And the big deal about that is what? It wasn't even a risk because she says she felt fine, there was no cons to consider. She had a mild case of pneumonia that she had been taking antibiotics for so she wasn't even at risk of spreading it. I doubt she thought to herself "I feel perfectly fine, but if I happen to get overheated and pass out that might really cost me".

I've clearly explained my position more than once and how the pattern, not only this incident, makes it concerning but not a big deal breaker for me, sal.

And, I've acknowledged you might be right that her poor judgment to ignore doctor's orders with something as serious as pneumonia was due to thinking she knew better and minimizing the situation.

If your contention now is that you and Hillary seriously don't get the risk of someone ignoring doctor's orders after being diagnosed with pneumonia (especially as a senior with existing medical conditions) because the senior feels fine fine at the moment, I can't help you understand and don't care to try. You don't think Hillary Clinton took a risk and I do, no big deal to me.

And, yeah, I think Hillary Clinton has a tendency to do/say things without considering how they might play out, I could list several examples. In this particular example we're discussing, it's not exactly unpredictable that she might get dehydrated/dizzy/limp under the circumstances and what the consequences might be. It's happened to her in the past, even when she had no viral infection.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 09-13-2016

(09-13-2016, 05:55 PM)sally Wrote: She said she felt fine, I guess it was just another lie.
Shocker.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - sally - 09-13-2016

(09-13-2016, 06:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 05:30 PM)sally Wrote: And the big deal about that is what? It wasn't even a risk because she says she felt fine, there was no cons to consider. She had a mild case of pneumonia that she had been taking antibiotics for so she wasn't even at risk of spreading it. I doubt she thought to herself "I feel perfectly fine, but if I happen to get overheated and pass out that might really cost me".

I've clearly explained my position more than once and how the pattern, not only this incident, makes it concerning but not a big deal breaker for me, sal.

And, I've acknowledged you might be right that her poor judgment to ignore doctor's orders with something as serious as pneumonia was due to thinking she knew better and minimizing the situation.

If your contention now is that you and Hillary seriously don't get the risk of someone ignoring doctor's orders after being diagnosed with pneumonia (especially as a senior with existing medical conditions) because the senior feels fine fine at the moment, I can't help you understand and don't care to try. You don't think Hillary Clinton took a risk and I do, no big deal to me.

And, yeah, I think Hillary Clinton has a tendency to do/say things without considering how they might play out, I could list several examples. In this particular example we're discussing, it's not exactly unpredictable that she might get dehydrated/dizzy/limp under the circumstances and what the consequences might be. It's happened to her in the past, even when she had no viral infection.

For someone who hates Trump so much like you and Duchess it's this kind of thinking that's going to get that dirty old fart the win.

Do you know what Hillary's medical conditions are? So far all I've heard is she's had episodes of dehydration and heat exhaustion several times throughout her life. So maybe this incident wasn't even related to the pneumonia. I realize pneumonia can be fatal to senior citizens and I'm sure Hillary does to, but she's not a patient in the nursing home. I think she's perfectly capable of judging how own body feels and should be able to do so. It's unfortunate that the heat got to her, but that's all it seemed to be. I'll wait for her detailed physicians exam.

Hillary herself has admitted that she was wrong to ignore her doctor's advice, sal.

She says she did it because she felt so passionately about going to the memorial. To me, that equates to making a conscious decision to take a risk (minor or not).

I think Hillary would be an okay president, maybe better than okay - remains to be seen. I hope she wins and Trump loses. I agree with most of her positions and think her qualifications and character are more suitable for the presidency than Trump's. But, that doesn't mean I'm blind to her faults or can't look at her objectively.

I can't stand Trump and disagree completely with most of his views/positions. I would never vote for him, but I agree with a few of his positions and don't feel the need to lie about that either. And, I have no false illusions that posting my honest opinions on the internet will have any impact on whether he's elected or not, drama bitch.

Similarly, honestly and objectively speaking, I think you sound really dimwitted or like a piss poor troll in your last couple of posts, even though I know you're typically very sharp and funny and I like you alright.

P.s. Hillary Clinton's doctor already released a statement on the matter yesterday. Her doctor also released all of her vitals, conditions and medications last year, that's how I know them. Her husband told the media yesterday that the same thing has happened to her on previous occasions. Hillary Clinton also confirmed to Anderson Cooper last night that it's happened to her a few times over the years. I haven't claimed to know anything about her health aside from what these in-the-know sources have already shared with the public.

(09-13-2016, 07:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Hillary herself has admitted that she was wrong to ignore her doctor's advice, sal.

She says she did it because she felt so passionately about going to the memorial. To me, that equates to making a conscious decision to take a risk (minor or not).

I think Hillary would be an okay president, maybe better than okay - remains to be seen. I hope she wins and Trump loses. I agree with most of her positions and think her character is more suitable for the presidency than Trump's. But, that doesn't mean I'm blind to her faults or can't look at her objectively.

I can't stand Trump and would never vote for him, but I agree with a few of his positions and don't feel the need to lie about that either. And, I have no false illusions that posting my honest opinions on the internet will have any impact on whether he's elected or not, drama bitch.

Similarly, honestly and objectively speaking, I think you sound really dimwitted or like a piss poor troll in your last couple of posts, even though I know you're typically very sharp and funny and I like you alright.

P.s. Hillary Clinton's doctor already released a statement on the matter yesterday. Her doctor also released all of her vitals, conditions and medications last year, that's how I know them. Her husband told the media yesterday that the same thing has happened to her on previous occasions. Hillary Clinton also confirmed to Anderson Cooper last night that it's happened to her a few times over the years. I haven't claimed to know anything about her health aside from what these in-the-know sources have already shared with the public.

Why the P.s.? I already said that, you didn't have to repeat it again. Yes I know she's had fainting spells in the past, that's what I said in my last post. Her fainting spell this time was probably the same thing and maybe even not related to the pneumonia. She may have fainted regardless. It's been happening to her for a long time.

I'm not trolling, you said she was hiding her illness and that's what I responded to. I don't think she purposely withheld information about having the tail end of a mild case of pneumonia. You never addressed why you thought she was hiding it, instead you went on about how her judgment can't be trusted since she's a senior citizen and everyone knows pneumonia can be lethal to them.

Jesus Christ, sal. Go back and read what I wrote.

I already addressed why I think she tried to hide it initially (and she reportedly didn't even tell her surrogates, some of whom I think would have advised her against ignoring doctor's orders).

I included the P.s. because you said you were waiting for the physician's exam, as if I was presuming to know things about her health that weren't public record. We have a physician's exam, along with her doctor's statement indicating that the latest spell was related to walking pneumonia.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing the latest physicians' reports for Clinton and Trump too.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Midwest Spy - 09-13-2016

Whoever loses this battle has to post a boob pic (their own) in the Friday Boobies thread.

(09-13-2016, 07:39 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Jesus Christ, sal. Go back and read what I wrote.

I already addressed why I think she tried to hide it initially

What am I missing. How does this address hiding it? The only thing it addresses is her own judgment on whether she's well enough or not to attend a 911 memorial. You feel it would be ok if it was the common cold, but since it was pneumonia it's now a crime.

(09-13-2016, 12:49 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: And, I probably would have felt the same way about the 9 / 11 incident as you do if Clinton had ignored doctor's orders and carried on her busy schedule with a common cold or allergies or something like that.

But, Clinton's not an idiot -- she understands that pneumonia is serious if not treated, especially for older people. It was poor judgment to ignore her doctor's order and not to tell her surrogates about the diagnosis and her intent to keep her busy schedule anyway.

So, to me, taking that unnecessary health risk was again poor judgment (and it backfired), which is concerning for someone looking to lead the country. It's not a deal breaker, but it's part of what I see as an annoying pattern. Plus, she handed the Trump campaign a huge gift by handling it as she did.

(09-13-2016, 07:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Whoever loses this battle has to post a boob pic (their own) in the Friday Boobies thread.

How about you just shove a water balloon up your ass and get the hell out of our conversation.

(09-13-2016, 08:00 PM)sally Wrote: What am I missing. How does this address hiding it? The only thing it addresses is her own judgment on whether she's well enough or not to attend a 911 memorial. You feel it would be ok if it was the common cold, but since it was pneumonia it's now a crime.

You're missing this:

(09-12-2016, 03:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think Clinton didn't want to take time off due to illness because she'd been away from the press for so long fund-raising, and Trump had already questioned her health and stamina. So, as usual, she tried to hide it...
^ That clearly indicates that I think she concealed her illness, against better judgment, and carried on as usual because she was afraid her illness and time off would be used against her by her political rivals.

(09-12-2016, 03:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: ... and the consequences of so doing are way worse than if she'd simply been forthcoming and announced that she and other campaign staff were sick.
^That (along with my subsequent replies to you) clearly indicates that I don't think it was a crime (or even a deal breaker) and I never said it was. It was a bad personal and political/strategic decision, in my opinion, and it backfired.

(09-13-2016, 08:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You're missing this:

(09-12-2016, 03:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think Clinton didn't want to take time off due to illness because she'd been away from the press for so long fund-raising, and Trump had already questioned her health and stamina. So, as usual, she tried to hide it...
^ That clearly indicates that I think she concealed her illness, against better judgment, and carried on as usual because she was afraid her illness and time off would be used against her by her political rivals.

No, I'm not missing that. That's what I responded to, remember? My annoyance of people insinuating that she concealed her illness (which has amounted to basically a minor cold) because of some kind of agenda. I think she felt ok to go so she went, no trickery behind it. Nothing more, nothing less. Plain and simple. Black and white. The woman is perfectly capable to judge how she feels and if she said she felt fine I believe her and I don't think it in anyway reflects her competency as president. You and others feel differently for reasons I still can't understand.

Well, sal, you keep asking questions about points that have already been addressed and then asking me why I'm answering them.

I understand perfectly your view point, as I said many posts back. And, maybe you're right about about Hillary's mindset, as I already acknowledged was a possibility. I'm not claiming to read Hillary Clinton's mind, just expressing an opinion on a pattern of behavior as I see it.

It's no problem for me that you still don't understand my opinion and view point. You can write that off to me being inarticulate. Or, you can can write it off to you being unable to comprehend it because you don't agree with it. Doesn't matter which.

Clinton will reportedly be back on the campaign trail on Thursday, after resting for three days to recover from pneumonia. And, on it goes...

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 09-14-2016

[Image: Image_0.jpg]

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 09-14-2016

hah Dream on, Maggot.

Clinton is expected to be fully recovered from her pneumonia tomorrow and will be attending three events. She says she knows she should have taken her doctor's advice and her staff should have known/confirmed her pneumonia diagnosis more quickly. So, to alleviate concerns about her health, her latest more comprehensive medical report will be released today. http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37346293

Meanwhile.........I saw the interview clip Duchess mentioned upthread, where Kellyanne Conway got caught off guard when the tables were turned and the interviewer asked her why Trump hasn't released any medical records and only a joke doctor's letter.

It was hilarious. The Trump campaign floats bullshit about Clinton's health and then deflects and accuses interviewers of calling Trump a liar or invading his privacy when asked why Trump hasn't met the same standard of disclosure/scrutiny.

So, reality tv star Trump is scheduled to appear on the weird Dr. Oz show today (seriously) to talk about his exercise, health and family. Oz won't get to see the actual medical records and won't be asking any difficult questions. Normally, a spouse would be present at such an interview, but Melania is out of the public picture and Ivanka will instead be interviewed with her dad.

Trump's camp now says they will release some of the results of his latest physical sometime this week. We'll see.

There should just be a standard medical test conducted by an independent physician to attest to all candidates' fitness for the job, in my opinion.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 09-14-2016

Pennsylvania is now pretty much a toss up and likely to go Trump since the local Clintonistas all got popped or are being investigated by the FBI... Check this shit out that's all happened in the last couple months...

Pennsylvania AG Kathleen Kane popped by FBI in a probe and booted... Philly DA Seth Williams popped by the FBI for illegal donations... Philly Councilman Bobby Henon's office raided by the FBI along with investigations into Mayor Kenney and grand poobah electrical union boss Johnny Doc, he who appoints all Philly politicians, popped by the FBI for illegal contributions... Former mayor Michael Nutter popped for illegal spending while in office (and being sued by a former secretary for libel)

The machine Democrats have likely handed PA to Trump. The hatred towards the Democrats in Pennsylvania right now is at an all time high.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - pyropappy - 09-14-2016

[Image: post-59950-0-54523000-1456102906.jpg]

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 09-14-2016

Clinton's up by 5 in Pennsylvania according to the last polls I saw. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

But, she's lost her lead in other battleground states and the chances of the Democrats regaining the Senate have declined since last month.

I really hope Clinton comes back strong from her short hiatus and avoids more self-inflicted perception wounds. Only 12 more days until the first debate and 54 days until the general election.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Carsman - 09-14-2016

(09-14-2016, 10:54 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Clinton's up by 5 in Pennsylvania according to the last polls I saw. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

But, she's lost her lead in other battleground states and the chances of the Democrats regaining the Senate have declined since last month.

I really hope Clinton comes back strong from her short hiatus and avoids more self-inflicted perception wounds. Only 12 more days until the first debate and 54 days until the general election.

That first debate may fizzle out by design.

(09-14-2016, 11:24 AM)Carsman Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 10:54 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Clinton's up by 5 in Pennsylvania according to the last polls I saw. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

That first debate may fizzle out by design.
Especially if she has another seizure. hah

Yes and as we all know polls are FACTS.