Mock
HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT (/thread-9358.html)

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 11:04 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Hillary may be seeking you out.

You put the massive jinx on her.

This prognosticating shit isn't as easy as it would seem.

I've been up for a straight almost 33 hours now. I'm done for the day and about to burn one, given that and a little more holiday shopping I'll be good to go until it gets dark.

Paying attention to politics might be the nastiest shit I've ever been involved with. It was fun and very interesting but I hope I never care that much again. I'm glad it's over.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Midwest Spy - 11-09-2016

This particular election has been the most divisive I can remember.

The gnashing of teeth on social media is unbelievable.

Thousands, maybe millions, of people globally think the world has ended.

I truly feel bad for women and girls in this country. Having a wife and daughter I see the disappointment firsthand.

But, depending how Trump carries himself from this point forward, he can actually become a good President.

Many of his ideas resonated with millions of Americans, and I'm not talking about his extreme views.

The rest of the world that is so disappointed? What exactly has changed for them?

I have a gut feeling what they're lamenting but I'll keep it to myself.

If this is a 4 year failure he and the Repubs will get the boot.

Simple as that.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 11-09-2016

I don't get that people say all the whites voted for him. Blacks, Mexicans all kinds of people voted for him. Quite a few Mexicans are pissed that they got citizenship and went through the process but some others just walk in. many blacks are not part of the BLM movement in fact they think they're a bunch of pussies. All college kids are not snowflakes either. The media props up these people and many believe what they say, but reality is funny in that it has no agenda like many in the talking head profession. In America anyone can make it, but if you're lazy and stupid you end up in a dumpster looking for a hand to pull you up. It's not all luck and its not all racial. But calling it racial is just easier than working just as hard as anyone else has to.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 11-09-2016

Making it ALL about race is just as shortsighted as claiming that race has LITTLE/NOTHING to do with it, in my opinion.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - BlueTiki - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 01:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Making it ALL about race is just as shortsighted as claiming that race has LITTLE/NOTHING to do with it, in my opinion.

You're absolutely correct.

The alleged white demographic that screwed the pooch was ignored.

Perhaps too much pandering to traditional minorities was a failure . . .

Group politics, is by nature, exclusionary.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to be successfully and sincerely inclusionary . . . when it comes to politics.

Only how I act as a person.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 01:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Making it ALL about race is just as shortsighted as claiming that race has LITTLE/NOTHING to do with it, in my opinion.

Exactly, when race is tossed into situations all the time as an excuse for any type of behavior you have to wonder if both or one side of the situation is just assholery.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 01:18 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:

You're absolutely correct.

The alleged white demographic that screwed the pooch was ignored.

Perhaps too much pandering to traditional minorities was a failure . . .

Group politics, is by nature, exclusionary.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to be successfully and sincerely inclusionary . . . when it comes to politics.

Only how I act as a person.

You might be right about group politics being exclusionary by nature. I'm inclined to believe that part of it is instead nurture and systemic. Minimizing that, to me, is a goal worth pursuing in any society and goes beyond how I act as a person.

You might be right about over-pandering too. In my eyes, there was definitely some pandering by Clinton and company. But, there was also a sincere attempt to address the inequality and stagnation that spurred some of the anti-establishment energy during this election cycle. Bernie got it more right, but I do think Clinton, as flawed and self-serving as she is sometimes, genuinely cares about people in general. I don't have that confidence in Trump, but that might change with time, depending on his actions.

Trump certainly pandered heavy-handedly to white working class rural America, and some more specific elements of society with his birther campaign. I personally dislike the way Trump pandered a whole lot more than the way Clinton pandered, but do acknowledge that Trump's message resonated strongly beyond one demographic.

It's not always majority rule in this country; Clinton got more votes than Trump. But, Trump and his supporters blazed the traditional electoral map and his victory is legitimate. I don't suspect Clinton will cry, 'rigged!'.

Anyway, I'm glad Trump preached unity in his victory speech. I'm glad Clinton preached unity during her campaign and her concession speech. And, I'm glad Obama is doing the same. They're just words, but I think they're the right words and they can help set the tone.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Carsman - 11-09-2016

Hillary gave a heartfelt eloquent patriotic political unity speech today. In an effort to bring both parties together. And if She and Donald are able to put their hurtful bickering behind them, all will not be lost. Here's hoping for a unified government!
(Or at least a civil alliance)

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - sally - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 08:40 PM)Carsman Wrote: Hillary gave a heartfelt eloquent patriotic political unity speech today. In an effort to bring both parties together. And if She and Donald are able to put their hurtful bickering behind them, all will not be lost. Here's hoping for a unified government!
(Or at least a civil alliance)

Yeah, this whole election has hurt their friendship something awful. To think this was them at a happier time just a few years ago, it's truly heartbreaking.

[Image: trumpsclintons_zpswjl7sv5n.jpg]

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - aussiefriend - 11-09-2016

Another observation, yesterday on Fox News, Megan Kelly who was attacked and abused by Trump publicly was on a high that he was winning the election yesterday on Fox News. Go figure????????? What?????

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - BlueTiki - 11-10-2016

(11-09-2016, 09:50 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Another observation, yesterday on Fox News, Megan Kelly who was attacked and abused by Trump publicly was on a high that he was winning the election yesterday on Fox News. Go figure????????? What?????

Hahaha!

"Attacked and abused"? You mean verbally . . . right?

This is a surprise because . . . ?

FFS! This is a woman who claims she was sexually harassed (including physical conduct) by her boss and head of Fox News, Roger Ailes . . . AFTER others came forward.

Did she quit? NO!

Face it, some girls like to be spanked . . . by men who have power.

Maybe she's one of those "pretend outraged" types?

And why the hell are you watching Fox News?

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 11-10-2016

The media was quick to respond with the "uneducated whites" suggestion, however, it's still looking like Hilary won the popular vote, so is it the electorates that are the "uneducated whites?"

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 10:17 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
The media was quick to respond with the "uneducated whites" suggestion, however, it's still looking like Hilary won the popular vote, so is it the electorates that are the "uneducated whites?"

There is always a lot of media and analyst discussion of demographic voter preferences/predictions during presidential election cycles, Gunnar --including college educated vs. non-college educated, white, men, women, urban, rural, suburban, African American, Latino, etc...

But, to answer your question: Trump did, in fact, succeed in flipping a couple of formerly blue states with large rural non-college educated populations, thus earning electoral votes that have traditionally gone to Democrats.

And, Clinton did, in fact, get a greater percentage of the college-educated vote than Democrats have won in the past. She beat Trump by 9% among all college-educated voters. Trump, however, beat her by 4% with white college-educated voters (which is better than pre-election polls reflected).

A key to Trump's electoral victory: Trump’s margin among whites without a college degree was the largest among any candidate in exit polls since 1980. Two-thirds (67%) of non-college whites backed Trump, resulting in a 39-point advantage for Trump among this group.

If you're interested in the post-election 2016 voter demographic turn-outs and preferences, Pew is completely non-partisan and does an excellent job of providing unbiased narrative of the hard data/statistics/facts. Here's the link: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 11-10-2016

(11-09-2016, 12:39 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I truly feel bad for women and girls in this country. Having a wife and daughter I see the disappointment firsthand.

I wouldn't have voted for a woman candidate over a man if I didn't believe her to be the better choice for the country.

What's a disappointment for me, as a woman (not just as a voter), is Trump's very negative talk about his treatment/views of women and the possibility he'll appoint a Justice keen to overturn Roe v. Wade.

But, the election cycle was a good one for women on the down ticket and that might be inspiring to your wife and daughter, MS. There are now more women in the Senate than ever before, 21.

And, one of the new female senators is Latina, one is black, and another is a disabled American Asian army veteran. So, the make-up of our elected officials is becoming more diverse, like our population, which I think is a very good thing for the country. http://fortune.com/2016/11/09/hillary-clinton-senate-women-of-color/

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - pyropappy - 11-10-2016

OK, gloat is over.

For the progressives on here who do not understand or can not believe what happened, I would respectfully remind you I have warned the media has been lying for decades. I have suggested you educate yourself.

To that end, I suggest expand your sources of information.

I would recommend starting with Malcolm Gladwell's "The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference".

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Carsman - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 09:45 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 09:50 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Another observation, yesterday on Fox News, Megan Kelly who was attacked and abused by Trump publicly was on a high that he was winning the election yesterday on Fox News. Go figure????????? What?????

Hahaha!

"Attacked and abused"? You mean verbally . . . right?

This is a surprise because . . . ?

FFS! This is a woman who claims she was sexually harassed (including physical conduct) by her boss and head of Fox News, Roger Ailes . . . AFTER others came forward.

Did she quit? NO!

Face it, some girls like to be spanked . . . by men who have power.

Maybe she's one of those "pretend outraged" types?

And why the hell are you watching Fox News?

Maybe the 20 million Dollar contract she's looking for has a lot to do with it! They say she will likely get it!

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 11-10-2016

Pappy, in all seriousness, what do you think are the basic political differences between you & I?

As a white male do you see yourself as better than others who don't share your Caucasian manliness? I don't see myself as better than any average person no matter their color, I think that blacks, gays & minorities are as deserving as I am in all things, I believe they are as entitled to anything they want as I am and that includes being able to marry who they choose, it's not my business, it's not your business, it's their business.

I'm not a Conservative, I view Conservatives as busybodies. I don't view life as black & white, I mostly see it as gray. I believe in the right to choose when it comes to abortions and I am disgusted that strangers to the woman would think that was their business, it's not, that's Conservative busybody-ness. It's bullshit.

What does Liberal or Progressive mean to you?

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - blueberryhill - 11-10-2016

To Whom it May Concern:

Anyone can quote a book, excerpt from a book, news article, etc. which agrees with their point of view. Differences in all of us is what makes the World interesting...We all have different perspective and disagree, while still maintaining friendships....

However, to "gloat" over the fact that DT won the electoral votes over the popular vote is meaningless to me.......In fact, a President doesn't have to be a perfect human being...that would be scary, but he or she should have what is known as "character, and a basic sense of decency." Donald Trump has neither one of the qualities and it is actually you, Mr. PP, who is the uninformed poster on here if you think we will, as a country, be better off with Trump at the helm.....One-half of the population disagrees with you, and your comments, thus far, speak loudly of who you are, as a man, and I assume, a white male.......

And I just signed a petition to have Donald Trump impeached. Of course, it is a useless act of futility, but it makes me feel so good..................eventually, he will do something which will make him eligible for impeachment....just wait.......he is being watched like a hawk by the ACLU.......

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Carsman - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 07:54 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: To Whom it May Concern:

Anyone can quote a book, excerpt from a book, news article, etc. which agrees with their point of view. Differences in all of us is what makes the World interesting...We all have different perspective and disagree, while still maintaining friendships....

However, to "gloat" over the fact that DT won the electoral votes over the popular vote is meaningless to me.......In fact, a President doesn't have to be a perfect human being...that would be scary, but he or she should have what is known as "character, and a basic sense of decency." Donald Trump has neither one of the qualities and it is actually you, Mr. PP, who is the uninformed poster on here if you think we will, as a country, be better off with Trump at the helm.....One-half of the population disagrees with you, and your comments, thus far, speak loudly of who you are, as a man, and I assume, a white male.......

And I just signed a petition to have Donald Trump impeached. Of course, it is a useless act of futility, but it makes me feel so good..................eventually, he will do something which will make him eligible for impeachment....just wait.......he is being watched like a hawk by the ACLU.......

Many say The Donald, "is a character"! hah

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Midwest Spy - 11-10-2016

I've just got to ask, and hopefully someone can refresh my memory, but, were there protests in multiple cities after Obama was elected?

I'm sure there were many disappointed racist rednecks when he won the election, but did groups of them take to the streets? Petition for his impeachment before he took office? Ask on the Internet that someone kill him?

I'm asking in all seriousness, because I've forgotten if that was the case.

What I'm seeing now are thousands of mostly young people, mostly of non-Causasian persuasion, losing their minds.

In all fairness, I sense the little guy, mainly the little white guy, expressing his/her feelings through their vote for Trump, of being ignored for the last 8 years, because all the attention has been focused on: minorities and the LGBT crowd.

8 years of Political Correctness and catering to them.

I, for one, never thought an Old White Guy could ever get elected again in this country.

All the Dems never thought they'd see the day where White disenfranchised voters would outnumber theirs.

Strange stuff.