Mock
HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT (/thread-9358.html)

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 11-10-2016

I don't personally remember protests after Obama was elected, MS.

What I do remember is that Obama never threatened to take away anyone's constitutional, civil or social rights. Instead, he promised to push for more/equal rights for ALL segments of society. That, of course, threatened and pissed off some people who always want to have the MOST rights.

Trump, on the other hand, has some people feeling threatened because he, in fact, threatened to take away their rights. Here in San Francisco, the protesters with whom I've personally interacted (including some of my employees) are birthright citizens with parents from various countries. Trump threatened to ignore or reinterpret the constitution in order to strip them of their citizenship and deport them. That would, of course, turn their lives upside down. They're scared. So, they protest. It's hard for me to reassure any of them that Trump was just talking shit when I don't know any more than anyone else what was red meat for the core base and what was actually policy proposal.

My gay clients and friends are protesting as well, as is almost the entire LGBT community here, as far as my eyes can see. They fought for marriage equality and gay rights so hard for decades before finally getting favorable Supreme Court decisions during Obama's second term. Then......during his campaign........Trump casually said in a couple of interviews that he'd be open to pushing for an overturn of same sex legalization. Would Trump really do that once he becomes the leader of the country? Again, who the fuck knows. But, it would obviously have a huge impact on gay people's lives. So, they protest.

Trump can alleviate the kind of fear and anger that's spurring a lot of the protesters here anytime he wants, IF it was just campaign rhetoric. But even if it was just rhetoric, I doubt he'd risk upsetting the birthers and other more extreme members of his early/core support base anytime soon.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Carsman - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 09:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't personally remember protests after Obama was elected, MS.

What I do remember is that Obama never threatened to take away anyone's constitutional, civil or social rights. Instead, he promised to push for more/equal rights for ALL segments of society. That, of course, threatened and pissed off some people who always want to have the MOST rights.

Trump, on the other hand, has some people feeling threatened because he, in fact, threatened to take away their rights. Here in San Francisco, the protesters with whom I've personally interacted (including some of my employees) are birthright citizens with parents from various countries. Trump threatened to ignore or reinterpret the constitution in order to strip them of their citizenship and deport them. That would, of course, turn their lives upside down. They're scared. So, they protest. It's hard for me to reassure any of them that Trump was just talking shit when I don't know any more than anyone else what was red meat for the core base and what was actually policy proposal.

My gay clients and friends are protesting as well, as is almost the entire LGBT community here, as far as my eyes can see. They fought for marriage equality and gay rights so hard for decades before finally getting favorable Supreme Court decisions during Obama's second term. Then......during his campaign........Trump casually said in a couple of interviews that he'd be open to pushing for an overturn of same sex legalization. Would Trump really do that once he becomes the leader of the country? Again, who the fuck knows. But, it would obviously have a huge impact on gay people's lives. So, they protest.

Trump can alleviate the kind of fear and anger that's spurring a lot of the protesters here anytime he wants, IF it was just campaign rhetoric. But even if it was just rhetoric, I doubt he'd risk upsetting the birthers and other more extreme members of his early/core support base anytime soon.

The Donald pretty damn quick better hold some press conferences to state his "real" or reformed positions now that he's Prez, elect on the controversial issues you mentioned.
He needs to calm down the protesters now, or we'll never make it to inauguration day. He better modify and or water down his campaign rhetoric to what he really can legally, morally, justifiably and realistically do.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Duchess - 11-11-2016

(11-10-2016, 10:49 PM)Carsman Wrote: The Donald pretty damn quick better hold some press conferences to state his "real" or reformed positions now that he's Prez,

I'm not sure why anyone would have that expectation when it comes to him. He's spent years showing you exactly who he is. Believe him. He is not a selfless individual who cares about others and he doesn't care what you think about that, it's irrelevant to him.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Blindgreed1 - 11-11-2016

(11-10-2016, 08:27 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I've just got to ask, and hopefully someone can refresh my memory, but, were there protests in multiple cities after Obama was elected?

I'm sure there were many disappointed racist rednecks when he won the election, but did groups of them take to the streets? Petition for his impeachment before he took office? Ask on the Internet that someone kill him?

I'm asking in all seriousness, because I've forgotten if that was the case.

What I'm seeing now are thousands of mostly young people, mostly of non-Causasian persuasion, losing their minds.

In all fairness, I sense the little guy, mainly the little white guy, expressing his/her feelings through their vote for Trump, of being ignored for the last 8 years, because all the attention has been focused on: minorities and the LGBT crowd.

8 years of Political Correctness and catering to them.

I, for one, never thought an Old White Guy could ever get elected again in this country.

All the Dems never thought they'd see the day where White disenfranchised voters would outnumber theirs.

Strange stuff.
Yeah, do you guys remember when we used to take to the streets and fuck shit up because the person running for office lost the presidential campaign? Me neither. I saw a guy yesterday drop trow on a crowded street and shit on a Trump sign and then smear it with his hands. Pretty high brow educated stuff right there.

Look away Duchess. Do not click play. hah

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Carsman - 11-11-2016

(11-11-2016, 09:11 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 10:49 PM)Carsman Wrote: The Donald pretty damn quick better hold some press conferences to state his "real" or reformed positions now that he's Prez,

I'm not sure why anyone would have that expectation when it comes to him. He's spent years showing you exactly who he is. Believe him. He is not a selfless individual who cares about others and he doesn't care what you think about that, it's irrelevant to him.

Let's hope he will surprise us all, now that he no longer has/needs to put on his showman theatrics, he may be more rational.
See post #1709 for his kinder side days.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - HairOfTheDog - 11-11-2016

That person taking a shit on the sidewalk in not a Trump protester, Gunnar. That's a hoax claim. That video is from 2015 and was not filmed in the United States.

Back to reality.........I'm directly impacted by Trump protesters more than anyone here, I imagine. I don't in any way begrudge them for exercising their rights to gather and demonstrate and nobody here is shitting in the streets. Why people are so opposed to other people exercising their rights to gather and demonstrate is beyond me.

I did see some coverage of a protest in Oakland yesterday and it looked liked people were starting to confront police. Nobody was shitting in the street there either, but I hope the protests don't spur rioting. If they do, anyone who vandalizes or engages in violence there (or at any of the nationwide protests) should be arrested. That's how it works.

RE: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT - Maggot - 11-11-2016

They are doing what they believe Trump supporters would do but in all truth I don't see Trump supporters doing crap like this. The looney left hot on the trail of perceived wrongs, snowflakes all of them. This is what the Democratic party has become a mob. This wouldn't happen on the 15th or 30th of the month.

(11-11-2016, 10:19 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: That person taking a shit on the sidewalk in not a Trump protester, Gunnar. That's a hoax claim. That video is from 2015 and was not filmed in the United States.

Back to reality.........I'm directly impacted by Trump protesters more than anyone here, I imagine. I don't in any way begrudge them for exercising their rights to gather and demonstrate and nobody here is shitting in the streets. Why people are so opposed to other people exercising their rights to gather and demonstrate is beyond me.

I did see some coverage of a protest in Oakland yesterday and it looked liked people were starting to confront police. Nobody was shitting in the street there either, but I hope the protests don't spur rioting. If they do, anyone who vandalizes or engages in violence there (or at any of the nationwide protests) should be arrested. That's how it works.
Well go figure, somebody posted up something on the internet that wasn't true.

Perception is reality, Maggot. Your perception is not the reality I see with my own eyes.

You defended people who -- in protest of what they believed was federal government threatening their God-given rights -- illegally occupied federal property, disobeyed and pointed loaded weapons at law enforcement, vandalized federal property, and did in fact shit all over the place. In the process, they streamed videos that were about as looney as it gets, by any measure. They disrupted a community for over a month and cost tax payers millions of dollars. You supported THAT (armed) protest by rural white ranchers and militia members despite the lawlessness of it because you agreed with their cause (or you just identify more with the protesters).

I think your objectivity is very limited and your assessment of this particular cause is deeply flawed. But, that's just my perception.

(11-11-2016, 10:47 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Well go figure, somebody posted up something on the internet that wasn't true.

Yeah, but I'm used to you doing that by now. Smiley_emoticons_smile

(11-11-2016, 10:59 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 10:47 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Well go figure, somebody posted up something on the internet that wasn't true.

Yeah, but I'm used to you doing that by now. Smiley_emoticons_smile
You know what's absolutely undeniably great about Trump winning? There will be some really good music coming out in the next 4 years.

(11-11-2016, 10:52 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Perception is reality, Maggot. Your perception is not the reality I see with my own eyes.

You defended people who -- in protest of what they believed was federal government threatening their God-given rights -- illegally occupied federal property, disobeyed and pointed loaded weapons at law enforcement, vandalized federal property, and did in fact shit all over the place. In the process, they streamed videos that were about as looney as it gets, by any measure. They disrupted a community for over a month and cost tax payers millions of dollars. You supported THAT (armed) protest by rural white ranchers and militia members despite the lawlessness of it because you agreed with their cause (or you just identify more with the protesters).

I think your objectivity is very limited and your assessment of this particular cause is deeply flawed. But, that's just my perception.

I guess both sides have their nutcases and I'm sure we will see more private property destruction from these protesters as compared to government property by nuts with property rights grievenses. But I'm suspecting that you will give them a pass on it because they are just exercising their civil rights against the results of an election.

Another example of why I think your objectivity is severely limited, Maggot.

You could search the full five years of my posts here at Mock and not find a single case where I've ever given anyone protesting any cause a pass on vandalism or violence. You'd find just the opposite, in every case, whether I agree with the cause, disagree with the cause, or have no opinion. Peaceful protest and exercising one's first amendment rights is always fine by me. Vandalism and violence is never fine by me.

So, implying that I'm lying when I say I think people who turn from protest of Trump to lawlessness/rioting should be arrested is another baseless and silly claim on your part.

From a few reports coming in it seems the protesters are turning into a mob mentality type deal. You may think they are peaceful but they sure don't look like it to me, but maybe I should put on my glasses...........The rose colored ones.

Again, no objectivity, Maggot.

Did I say no Trump protests anywhere contained people with a mob mentality? No.

I said I respect people's right to peacefully protest. That's true regardless of their mentality. Currently in this country, you and the government don't have the right to suppress free speech and free thought when you don't like its content.

And, I said that people among the protesters who turn to vandalism and violence should be arrested.

I don't think any glasses of any color will help you to stop seeing what's not there. Objectivity and vision are not the same.

(11-11-2016, 10:37 AM)Maggot Wrote: This wouldn't happen on the 15th or 30th of the month.

Now you're implying all protesters live off the government! 28

no,no,n..................Wasnme......ummmm, yes. You are pretty perceptive for a luscious sweet sexy love goddess.

HOTD is too but don't tell her I said that.

I think some people are just more willing to forgive the protesters and all of the damage they are doing than others, and that's okay too. Those who served in our military fought for that right, and for that I thank them for their service today. Quite a few of those vets are more than willing to help straighten out some of those flag burning protesters though. Those guys should really consider taking the day off of flag burning today. It might not turn out well.

(11-11-2016, 11:55 AM)Maggot Wrote: You are pretty perceptive for a luscious sweet sexy love goddess.

Thanks, honey, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me today. I love you much, let's go for a ride and smoke some weed.

HotD knows.