Mock
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... (/thread-9485.html)

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 11-22-2013

Just so you know I haven't been sitting around with my thumb up my ass (at least today)...

My daughter has been out of town and she's coming home on Tuesday. Her room was a pale pink with a light yellow ceiling with sharpie writing all over two of her walls. A literal FB type "wall" so to speak (we let her do it...what can I say?). Anyway, she asked me if I would please paint the walls that were marked up. She doesn't know that she's getting a total room remodel. I'm going nucking futs in there. I'll post an "after" when I'm done next week. This is basically just the new paint. The good stuff is yet to come. Smiley_emoticons_smile

hah I just noticed the pictures of karate kid on her mirror; that's her dad. Those are probably going in her "hope chest" by the time I'm done; they just don't go with the new scheme (heh-heh). BTW, my dad made that toy chest thing for her. My son has his own just like it. You know those aren't going anywhere (over my dead body). 16

[Image: rachroom1_zps1711b899.jpg]

[Image: rachroom3_zps2020c64a.jpg]

[Image: rachroom2_zpseb1ec50c.jpg]

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 11-23-2013

Woooo! A project! Fun stuff!

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Maggot - 11-23-2013

Smiley_emoticons_smile That's good to hear user, and the room looks great, not having any "before" pictures to compare it to it looks good. I'm a shelf person and like making shelves that keep things off the floor. Cheers

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Maggot - 11-23-2013

There is an artic chill coming in. Stupid me read the labels wrong on a couple steaks I saw in the store, they said "managers special" 3.00 off and I thought that's what they cost so I grabbed them. They were 8.00 and 12.00 each but I was to embarrassed to say put them back and bought them.
They will be cooked on my woodstove Sunday during the game along with some potato's and onions with mushrooms. The steaks are well marbled rib eyed. All hail "managers specials" Cheers

EOM

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - HairOfTheDog - 11-23-2013

Looking good, user.

We're kinda living parallel lives - I've got my older niece coming up next week to have Thanksgiving with us and have been working little by little to transform the funky sun-room down stairs into my temporary bedroom (and make-out room). Almost there.

[Image: image17_zps3075a147.jpg?t=1385147350]

It's been sorta fun and I just used a hodge-podge of stuff that I didn't throw out in the last big purge, so it hasn't cost anything. This weekend is the completion cut-off. Off to Walmart in Oakland for futon bedding later today; good times.

Very cool that your daughter will be home for Thanksgiving. Smiley_emoticons_smile

(11-23-2013, 03:14 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's been sorta fun and I just used a hodge-podge of stuff that I didn't throw out in the last big purge, so it hasn't cost anything.

It IS fun & you "shopped" in your own home! I did that for one of my guest rooms because I didn't want to invest any money in it. You must be an awesome host, you seem to have guests a lot, people don't visit where it isn't fun. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Mostly, it's my nieces and nephews who visit when they wanna break from the designer jeans and typical family drama in southern California. They can talk about and do whatever they want at my house - anything pretty much goes and we wander around and eat out a lot. The older ones can walk and bar hop between a few places up the street and always like to people watch at the park and the wharf. It's a pretty different culture from the southern part of the state.

Anyway, I'm lucky. I think they always have fun though I'm probably not much of a host. They don't mind that I have to answer the phone and check email all the time (and the girls are on-line themselves a lot when we're inside anyway). It can be like a zoo in here and when the phone rings, everybody just kinda freezes. When I hang up, they pick it right back up. Good crazy kids.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving. I'm not cooking this year. We're going to my friend's house - 40 people or so. I don't have brothers, so my two best friends here are like the nieces' hippie uncles. Should be fun.

Are you cooking this year, Duchess?

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 11-23-2013

(11-23-2013, 03:14 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Looking good, user.

We're kinda living parallel lives - I've got my older niece coming up next week to have Thanksgiving with us and have been working little by little to transform the funky sun-room down stairs into my temporary bedroom (and make-out room). Almost there.

It's been sorta fun and I just used a hodge-podge of stuff that I didn't throw out in the last big purge, so it hasn't cost anything. This weekend is the completion cut-off. Off to Walmart in Oakland for futon bedding later today; good times.

Very cool that your daughter will be home for Thanksgiving. Smiley_emoticons_smile

That looks great, HD!! Very fun/eclectic and colorful. I like it. I can't wait to start in on decorating my daughter's room. Right now I have a ceiling fan/light fixture getting installed (too bad they don't make those terribly "pretty"). Then I get to get in there and start putting on all the new linens, wall decorations etc. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Next up is my son's room. His is a pale, pale green with a hint of blue ceiling and little airplanes across the top of one wall. 50 I think he's due for a change although he shrugs every time I try to talk with him about it. Consequently, I'm just going to run with it....MUWAHAHAHA. It's more difficult thinking masculine but I think I might paint his room a pale to medium gray (or second choice, tan). Dark, dark walnut furniture-or black (as long as it's not black lacquer). Perhaps a gun metal gray or tan night stand/old locker (steel) type thing a ma-jig. Black and gray or tan bedding. Perhaps some old skateboard decks for shelves and/or some boards that he's never ridden (won in competitions but not his size or whatever) on the wall as decoration. Plus, he has a nice black framed skateboard photo of a professional that will fit with everything else.

I'm just thinking out loud.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 11-23-2013

I'll throw some dark blue or greens in there for color. Throw blankets are cheap/wonderful that way.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - ramseycat - 11-23-2013

Isn't your daughter old enough to tell you how she wants her room decorated? It's awesome that you're doing this for her. But what if she doesn't like it? Or it's more your vision than hers?

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - aussiefriend - 11-23-2013

HoTD, I love the lamp! Rock on.

(11-23-2013, 04:06 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Are you cooking this year, Duchess?

Oh no. I'm the sous chef, I slice, dice & peel, arrange flowers, pour wine & set a pretty table...I also do the cleanup.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - aussiefriend - 11-23-2013

Hey Duch, my mother is coming, you know what that means? I get to be bad. I can run around with that guy I want to hug. hah

Ha! Make sure you use protection.

Aussie, has your Mom ever seen you shit faced on Cointreau? Have you ever smoked pot?

(11-23-2013, 05:43 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: HoTD, I love the lamp! Rock on.

You have excellent taste, Payday.

She is a classy lady. She hung out in a bar that I occasionally Sarcastic frequented in LaLa land for years. I always loved her.

When I moved, the bar owner snuck her in the back of my first pick-up when I stopped in for a farewell drink.

She is a Schlitz lady and used to have the world at her fiinger tips, but the globe she was originally hoisting broke on the drive. Now, she proudly displays a red pineapple lamp that my oldest nephew made for me in 10th grade shop class - I think she wears it well.

How do you toss a lady like that to the curb? Can't be done.

P.s. Have fun with your mum, aussie. And, try to keep this dude around for at least a couple of months before you dump him. I was just getting to like the young one last year and, BAM, he was gone.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - blueberryhill - 11-23-2013

User, I had a dresser much like the one in your daughter's room; I think it might be longer/wider, but I later had an artist hand-paint a floral design on it. Do u think she would like it painted, maybe stripes, poka dots, large flower could be dramatic. Saw that recently in some magazine, same white dresser and one big flower on it (if you can picture that). It did look good. I also got rid of matching mirror and got a round mirror and painted mirror to match some of the colors on dresser......

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - aussiefriend - 11-24-2013

(11-23-2013, 06:56 PM)Duchess Wrote: Aussie, has your Mom ever seen you shit faced on Cointreau? Have you ever smoked pot?

No way! OMG Duch, she is Irish and a catholic.

I went through a phase of smoking pot in the 90s and I kept having these Fleetwood Mac experiences, where I would see a look-a-like from the band, it was surreal and freaky. I had to stop it, I am just not a fan.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - crash - 11-24-2013

(11-23-2013, 11:39 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I later had an artist hand-paint a floral design on it.

*shudder*

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - QueenBee - 11-24-2013

It is 2 AM, and I am sitting here watching The Jazz Singer. Neil Diamond version. FML.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 11-24-2013

(11-23-2013, 01:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm a shelf person and like making shelves that keep things off the floor. Cheers

Shit. Now that you mention it, I could use a few shelves it there. I hate installing shelves . They never come out level. 50 I'll look around anyway. The handyman who put in the light/ ceiling is coming back on Monday.