Mock
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... (/thread-9485.html)

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 12:10 PM)sally Wrote: If you're talking about Leila Fowlers mom, I believe she said she is homeless, which makes sense. I spend more than that in one week just at the grocery store.

Yes, I am talking about her. I couldn't understand how someone could live on so little & yet they wanted to take a hundred and some from her for child support out of that.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - BlueTiki - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 12:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Yes, I am talking about her. I couldn't understand how someone could live on so little & yet they wanted to take a hundred and some from her for child support out of that.

Then unemployed Barney takes that money and sends it for child support to another baby mama of his 'cause he's behind in HIS fucking child support . . .

They are breeding trash . . . the lot of them.

Fuck them and fuck their kids.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 05-17-2013

I wish I'd had my camera in hand this morning. I pulled in to a convenience store just as a Loomis Armored truck was pulling out. A few seconds later, a fat guard came waddling/running out of the store and proceeded to chase the truck down the street, yelling and waving. They forgot him. hah

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 03:08 PM)username Wrote: I pulled in to a convenience store just as a Loomis Armored truck was pulling out. A few seconds later, a fat guard came waddling/running out of the store and proceeded to chase the truck down the street, yelling and waving. They forgot him. hah

28 Holy shit!

...and Hollywood makes this stuff up.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - F.U. - 05-17-2013

Since I don't feel like starting a thread about this I thought I would post this pic here in this thread. Here is a pic of a dirt track car [racing in the A Mod class] that my Firearm Biz has sponsored this year.
Phone # edited to keep the weirdos from calling me, LMAO.

[Image: 008edit-1_zps5bbfb642.jpg]

[Image: 002edit_zps0760757f.jpg]

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - HairOfTheDog - 05-17-2013

It's cool, F.U.

What's the maximum speed it's reached on the dirt track?

They race them on a 14 mile circle track and hit speeds in the 100 + range. Not bad considering it is such a small track.

This car ran last year and finished the season in 3rd place. It is the start of the new season and as you may be able to tell, it has a new body on it. In fact its so new that the # decals arn't even on it yet. They are still being made at the printing shop. The ones you see in the pic are temp and made from duct tape. Hahaha

Bet it's a fun party crowd at those races. Never been to one (yet!).

The nature of my business doesn't lend itself easily to sponsorship, at least not that I've figured previously, but currently re-evaluating some old assumptions and exploring new potential marketing/advertising avenues.

Just out of curiosity (if you don't mind answering) does your shop get any immediate leads/customers from the sponsorship advertising? Is the return on investment positive or is it more for image/name recognition?

(05-17-2013, 07:16 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Bet it's a fun party crowd at those races. Never been to one (yet!).

Just out of curiosity (if you don't mind answering) does your shop get any immediate leads/customers from the sponsorship advertising? Is the return on investment positive or is it more for image/name recognition?

Yes its a real party crowd. The fans start drinking as soon as they show up and the drivers/pit crews start as soon as the races end. No drinking in the pits until tha races are over for safety reasons.

It works out pretty good for me. Drunk redneck race fans today become redneck gun buyers tomorrow. Hahaha
It is also a image/recognition thing, so its a win win in my book.

edited to add... I also sponsor the shooting competitions I enter. It works out well there also. I make quite a few sales on the range and then the customer comes to the shop and completes the sale as well as all the paperwork/background checks.

Thanks F.U.

Smart business and good fun at the same time, can't beat that.

Maybe this summer I can wrangle my nephew into some dirt car races. He's always up for a party (as long as I'm driving home - yep, he's no dummy). Smiley_emoticons_smile

(05-17-2013, 07:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Thanks F.U.

Smart business and good fun at the same time, can't beat that.

Maybe this summer I can wrangle my nephew into some dirt car races. He's always up for a party (as long as I'm driving home - yep, he's no dummy). Smiley_emoticons_smile

No prob HOTD.

Yes the shooting comps work out real well and as you said smart business as well as good fun. The other shooters see how well I do [always in the top 5 out of 40 plus shooters] and they always want to know what I am shooting. Its amazing how people think it is the tool [in this case the firearm] and the the operator of that tool. The always think that if they buy that "better" tool it will make them better at the task.

If you make a race be sure and carry a set of ear plugs just in case. If you get to close to the track you can hardly hear yourself think .

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Midwest Spy - 05-17-2013

Cool night in downtown Minneapolis. At Target Field with the fam watching the Twins host Maggots beloved Red Sox. Twins leading 2-1, bottom of 4th.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - crash - 05-18-2013

It's fucking colder here in Chicago and the Cubs suck. First time ever at Wrigley Field and the fuckers couldn't even win.

P.s. you fuckers still suck at getting off airplanes..

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - BlueTiki - 05-18-2013

(05-17-2013, 07:24 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: Drunk redneck race fans today become redneck gun buyers tomorrow. It is also a image/recognition thing, so its a win win in my book.

I'm not really familiar with all of the genres of racing.

I was curious if you knew if Dick Trickle was ever sponsored by a urologist?

Dick Trickle Dead

You never sold him a gun . . . did you? hah

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - F.U. - 05-18-2013

(05-18-2013, 08:49 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-17-2013, 07:24 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: Drunk redneck race fans today become redneck gun buyers tomorrow. It is also a image/recognition thing, so its a win win in my book.

I'm not really familiar with all of the genres of racing.

I was curious if you knew if Dick Trickle was ever sponsored by a urologist?

Thats some funny shit.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Cynical Ninja - 05-18-2013

That auto is pretty wicked it looks like something from a Mad Max film.

All you need to do is fit some spikes and a snow plough on the front and you could drive around running over post apocalyptic bikers with mohicans.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 05-18-2013

My son and friends were eating popcorn. I grabbed a handful and a few seconds later realized it was "ass kickin habanero". That stuff is HOT and nasty. An insult to popcorn.

I don't know which little shit brought that stuff in to my house but I'd like to give them an ass kickin. I can't get the taste out of my mouth.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - ramseycat - 05-18-2013

Not. Happy. Shit needs to stop.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 05-18-2013

(05-18-2013, 06:38 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Not. Happy. Shit needs to stop.

Could you elaborate? Please & thank you.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Eat Shit And Die - 05-18-2013

Diarrhea