Mock
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... (/thread-9485.html)

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 07-31-2013

(07-31-2013, 07:02 PM)sally Wrote: My moms oncologist called me today and asked if my mom still wants to continue chemo treatments or call hospice. She thinks it will continue to shrink the lung tumors, but never cure it. Basically it's just prolonging her life. I forgot to even ask for how long which was the most important part. I didn't tell my mom yet.

Whoa. How hard are the chemo treatments on your mom? Is she living outside of the hospital? If she still has a decent quality of life, I would hope she'd decide to keep going. I hate to be cynical but maybe the hospital/insurance company are basing their recommendation in part due to costs. Bastards.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - aussiefriend - 07-31-2013

Is User on some sort of Mock diet? Or has she run out of puff?

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 07-31-2013

(07-31-2013, 07:15 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Is User on some sort of Mock diet? Or has she run out of puff?

Nice timing since I just made the post before yours.

You missed me, right?

I've been out of town mostly. I got home today and after I finish unpacking, we can mud wrestle. I'm taking you dowwwwwn, ya' marshmallow abo.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 07-31-2013

(07-31-2013, 07:02 PM)sally Wrote: I didn't tell my mom yet.

Sucks when the roles are reversed. Smiley_emoticons_slash

You're a good kid to take such good care of your Mom right now & kudos to your husband too for supporting your decision.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Jimbone - 07-31-2013

Sorry to hear that news sally.

Cancer is a real asshole.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Maggot - 07-31-2013

Tell her..........then enjoy the summer and just try and include her in your stuff you do. That's what I would want.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - aussiefriend - 07-31-2013

Sally I am sorry your mother is going through this. You need to be careful with the chemo especially if she is getting weaker, because it can kill too. God, I am so sorry for you. Take care.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Cynical Ninja - 08-01-2013

Cancer is a real bitch it killed my dad in mere weeks.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Carsman - 08-01-2013

Sorry Sally, life can be a bitch! Whatever you decide will be best, be strong.

(Can't sleep, vodka is not working, WTF! )

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - sally - 08-01-2013

(07-31-2013, 07:08 PM)username Wrote:
(07-31-2013, 07:02 PM)sally Wrote: My moms oncologist called me today and asked if my mom still wants to continue chemo treatments or call hospice. She thinks it will continue to shrink the lung tumors, but never cure it. Basically it's just prolonging her life. I forgot to even ask for how long which was the most important part. I didn't tell my mom yet.

Whoa. How hard are the chemo treatments on your mom? Is she living outside of the hospital? If she still has a decent quality of life, I would hope she'd decide to keep going. I hate to be cynical but maybe the hospital/insurance company are basing their recommendation in part due to costs. Bastards.

She's living with me. She did pretty good with the last few chemo treatments she had, but then she fell and broke her hip and had to go into a rehab for a month and missed the rest of them because her insurance wouldn't cover both. She's not in the best shape in the world, but I don't think she's ready to give up yet. I don't know, I should have asked the doctor more questions yesterday. I have to set up an appointment today so we can both go in there and talk to her in person.

(07-31-2013, 10:39 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Sally I am sorry your mother is going through this. You need to be careful with the chemo especially if she is getting weaker, because it can kill too. God, I am so sorry for you. Take care.

She's already weak and doesn't even weigh 80 lbs. soaking wet. So that's another thing.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - ramseycat - 08-01-2013

My mom was down to 99 lbs and they wouldn't do regular chemo. They were going to try oral chemo but she died before they could start. What kind of chemo is your mom having?

First she had radiation and then she had intravenous chemotherapy through a port they inserted in her upper chest.

I'm surprised they are doing that type given she is so small.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Duchess - 08-01-2013

I want all my Mockers to live in Utopia. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - BlueTiki - 08-01-2013

You're a good kid to take such good care of your Mom . . .

[/quote]

Remember to take care of you, too.

You are a huge part of the equation.

(08-01-2013, 10:41 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-31-2013, 07:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:

You're a good kid to take such good care of your Mom . . .

Remember to take care of you, too.

You are a huge part of the equation.
[/quote]

Exactly. And cherish this time with your mom. I wish I had one more day with mine. There is so much I didn't get to tell her.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Eat Shit And Die - 08-01-2013

double post

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - Eat Shit And Die - 08-01-2013

(07-31-2013, 09:42 PM)Maggot Wrote: Tell her..........then enjoy the summer and just try and include her in your stuff you do. That's what I would want.

+1 that's how is want it too...

sally; terrible news I hope you're ok.

RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - username - 08-01-2013

(08-01-2013, 09:55 AM)sally Wrote: She's not in the best shape in the world, but I don't think she's ready to give up yet.

I don't think anyone should be put in to a position of giving up if they're not ready. As long as they're willing to fight and put up with the process, who are the doctor's to yank that hope and tell them to stop?