Mock
WHAT IS RICH? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Some Honest Therapy (https://mockforums.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: WHAT IS RICH? (/thread-9769.html)

WHAT IS RICH? - Duchess - 03-07-2013

Are you rich because of the size of your bank account or because of what you have in your life, meaning friends, family, a job you love, things like that, things you can't put a price on.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - FAHQTOO - 03-07-2013

The latter...but if we're talking money, I read an article recently that said you need at least 7 million dollars to be considered rich.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - sally - 03-07-2013

(03-07-2013, 10:31 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: The latter...but if we're talking money, I read an article recently that said you need at least 7 million dollars to be considered rich.

I agree with that.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - ramseycat - 03-07-2013

I agree with the latter as well. Money can alleviate a lot of problems but it can create a lot too.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - username - 03-07-2013

Definitely the latter. I don't know what the dollar amount is but I think being "rich" is when you know you'll never have to worry about money. Your retirement is secure etc. it's not how much money you have, it's the absence of stress about money in general. I think.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - username - 03-07-2013

Meh, I might have to take that back. If you can comfortably live in a trashy trailer park for the rest of your life, I wouldn't consider you rich. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - Midwest Spy - 03-07-2013

Both my kids yesterday, at different times out of the blue, said "I love you daddy".

It struck me that I was pretty lucky, and 'rich' so to speak.

So, would I like to have extra $$$ in the bank? Sure. Who wouldn't?

But to me what truly matters is the love of your family and friends.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - NightOwl - 03-07-2013

(03-07-2013, 04:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Both my kids yesterday, at different times out of the blue, said "I love you daddy".

It struck me that I was pretty lucky, and 'rich' so to speak.

So, would I like to have extra $$$ in the bank? Sure. Who wouldn't?

But to me what truly matters is the love of your family and friends.

Love this post!!! you have got it right.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - Older Than Dirt - 03-07-2013

Wish that we had a like button on Mock!

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - sally - 03-07-2013

I didn't think it was all that great. Of course your kids and family should love you, unless you're a real asshole. That's just a given, I'll take the millions in the bank.

Unless of course you lose a family member, then nothing in the world can replace that and money is no longer what it's cracked up to be.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - BlueTiki - 03-07-2013

(03-07-2013, 07:24 PM)sally Wrote: Unless of course you lose a family member, then nothing in the world can replace that and money is no longer what it's cracked up to be.

You're right . . . nothing replaces the loss.

But if you use funds to honor the dead and enrich the lives of your fellows, it's a helluva lot better than having and doing nothing.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - Midwest Spy - 03-07-2013

(03-07-2013, 07:24 PM)sally Wrote: I didn't think it was all that great. Of course your kids and family should love you, unless you're a real asshole. That's just a given, I'll take the millions in the bank.

Which is why I plan on winning Saturday's Powerball drawing.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - Cracker - 03-10-2013

[Image: fps-106345_1z.jpg]

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - Mohammed - 03-13-2013

Rich is cash. To say I'm rich because of all that love, my experiences, bla bla, is simply to make you feel better and be at least "rich" in something. An excuse for the poor.

All that love, friends, etc, is when you are .... blessed.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - Jimbone - 03-13-2013

(03-13-2013, 03:41 AM)Mohammed Wrote: Rich is cash. To say I'm rich because of all that love, my experiences, bla bla, is simply to make you feel better and be at least "rich" in something. An excuse for the poor.

All that love, friends, etc, is when you are .... blessed.

Accurate description. Well said.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - sally - 03-13-2013

My son's girlfriend just recently broke up with him and bunch of kids were telling her she's stupid because he's good looking and rich. They got the good looking part right, but I don't know where the fuck they got rich from. He doesn't have a pot to piss in, that's my damn car he's been driving.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - BlueTiki - 03-13-2013

(03-13-2013, 04:11 PM)sally Wrote: . . . I don't know where the fuck they got rich from.

Maybe it's because he dates the homeless?

Or doesn't restrict himself to "Value" menu items?

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - sally - 03-13-2013

(03-13-2013, 05:16 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 04:11 PM)sally Wrote: . . . I don't know where the fuck they got rich from.

Maybe it's because he dates the homeless?

Or doesn't restrict himself to "Value" menu items?

Well I know he orders off the value menu because it's popular with the kids to get a McDouble and a McChicken and put the chicken on the McDouble and call it a McDank. Fucking idiots, it should be called a McDicken.

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - ramseycat - 03-13-2013

McDicken hahahahahahaaa

RE: WHAT IS RICH? - Duchess - 03-14-2013

Rich is working only because you want to, not because you have to.