Mock
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged (/thread-9992.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - LytoMe - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 12:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 12:00 PM)LytoMe Wrote: Still curious how the attorney is being paid, I KNOW we do not not court appearances or even Letters of representation without a NICE chunk of change down! That is where all the money went from the donations I am sure.

Possibly some of the donation money and some pro-bono work as well?

Here's the attorneys' website, LytoMe.

http://www.reichelplesser.com/

Wonder if they've handled anything even close to this case in the past?

"Top Notch Welfare Attorney" HAHA There you go!!
ALSO just because he is in "Super Lawyers" magazine does not mean a lot. FYI. (to those who do not know) He blasts it on the web page.

I do not see where they have EVER done a murder case. Should be interesting. lol

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - LytoMe - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 12:26 PM)Adub Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 12:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 12:00 PM)LytoMe Wrote: Still curious how the attorney is being paid, I KNOW we do not not court appearances or even Letters of representation without a NICE chunk of change down! That is where all the money went from the donations I am sure.

Possibly some of the donation money and some pro-bono work as well?

Here's the attorneys' website, LytoMe.

http://www.reichelplesser.com/

Wonder if they've handled anything even close to this case in the past?

I've looked. No murders that I have seen. They do seem to advocate for drug dealers and drunk drivers and domestic abusers. They are probably doing it for the TEE VEE time. But a retainer is probably not more than $5,000 and can be made in payments. Like a $1,000 a month. I already don't like them.

Our quotes for murder charges were over $25,000, plus trial costs. We usually asked for half down to start, then the monthly payments. IF THEY stopped making the payments or became behind we withdrew as counsel.

We had MOSTLY drug dealers and drug charges or drug/gang related murders. VERY DIFFERENT then this.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2013

Well, this is disturbing. From the local Fox40 station.

... on the same day he was charged with murder, Calaveras County homicide detectives confirm that they’re investigating reports of alleged animal mutilations at the hands of the boy.

“‘If he did, this changes the whole equation,” Dr. Mike Duveneck, a clinical psychology professor at Sacramento State, told FOX40.

Duveneck says behavior in some children like bullying or vandalism can lead to worse.

“They often graduate as they get older to sociopathic kind of behavior, where they do high crime, high profile, very vicious kind of crimes,” he said.

Two weeks to the day Leila was stabbed to death in the bedroom of her home, officers arrested her 12-year-old brother for the killing.

Sources close to the case told FOX40 they found Isaiah’s blood and finger prints at the crime scene.

Now, detectives are looking into reports of alleged animal killings.

Duveneck says if the findings turn out to be legitimate, it would solidify the prosecutors’ case against the boy.

------------------------------------------------------------------
This the first that I'm hearing about possible animal mutilations.

Regarding the suspect's fingerprints at the crime scene, a good defense attorney can explain those away easily since the suspect lived in the house (assuming the boy hasn't already made a conflicting statement about their presence).

BUT, Isaiah's own blood at the scene of the stabbing is pretty damned incriminating.

If the parents have this information about the blood and still claim that there's no "proof", that's fishy to me.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - Adub - 05-17-2013

Finally an article about Barney and all his kids. Looks like he has seven kids from four different mothers, and he is 37? This is the info on Priscilla.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d...NEWS/305170322

Court files show sources of particular stress, if not heartbreak, for Leila and the 12-year-old brother charged with her murder.

The file for a child support dispute between Barney Fowler and Priscilla Rodriguez, the mother of Leila and her 12-year-old brother, indicates that she rarely saw the children for years at a time, has sometimes been homeless, and survives on a tiny monthly disability check.

In 2012, Barney Fowler wrote that "There has only been one attempt by Priscilla to see the kids in the last 3-4 years, which I allowed her to see them. It was by her choice a 10-15 minute visit Feb. 2011. No other attempts have been made. Her number was changed and she moved."

Rodriguez acknowledged in her written statement to the court in 2012 that she had not seen her children much but gave a different explanation.

"When I was no longer able to give money to Barney Fowler he then would not let me speak to the children any more. I am on SSI (disability) and barely able to survive. I am homeless right now when I was giving him money last year I was going without food for myself. I am not trying to avoid helping my children financially but at this point I am unable to give him anything. I am constantly looking for work to help. I only wish to be able to speak with and see my children."

Documents indicate that Rodriguez receives $533 a month in disability. A court in August last year ordered her to pay $114 a month to Barney Fowler.

In May of 2012, a judge ordered Barney Fowler to seek employment so he'd be able to pay child support to Kimberley Claire Kitto of Pocatello, Idaho, the mother of his son, Ogden James Kitto-Fowler, born in 2010.

(05-16-2013, 10:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------------------
This the first that I'm hearing about possible animal mutilations.

Regarding the suspect's fingerprints at the crime scene, a good defense attorney can explain those away easily since the suspect lived in the house (assuming the boy hasn't already made a conflicting statement about their presence).

BUT, Isaiah's own blood at the scene of the stabbing is pretty damned incriminating.

If the parents have this information about the blood and still claim that there's no "proof", that's fishy to me.

Detectives are "...investigating reports...." of mutilations. I bet there are lots of people saying lots of things in hindsight. Could just be bullshit. But, the detectives do have to investigate, and for sure the question was asked to them by the reporter. So it is not really news yet. Just rumor.

And just because LE is telling the media information, it does not mean that the parent has seen the police report and investigation. The attorneys will be getting all that but it will probably just start with the initial police report of the murder. We haven't heard a word about the brother having any cuts or scratches.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - username - 05-17-2013

$533 and give $114 away?

People this poor shouldn't breed.

(05-17-2013, 10:44 AM)username Wrote: $533 and give $114 away?

People this poor shouldn't breed.

At least Priscilla only had the two kids by one man.

Looks like Barney was trying to live off of child support. Wondering if he was getting welfare. The home on Rippon Rd was Crystal's, and she was renting it. And he an Miss Don't Call Me a Step-Mom had only been together a little over a year.

So that means that she was living there with her two kids, and pregnant with Barney's, when Barney moved in with his four last summer. And they were just one big happy family.

Until Isiah went into a murderous rage, allegedly.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - HairOfTheDog - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 08:54 AM)Adub Wrote: Detectives are "...investigating reports...." of mutilations. I bet there are lots of people saying lots of things in hindsight. Could just be bullshit. But, the detectives do have to investigate, and for sure the question was asked to them by the reporter. So it is not really news yet. Just rumor.
Yeah, it's fact that they're "investigating animal mutilations" but no substantiation yet as to whether they ever really took place.

People say a lot of shit in hindsight, I agree. Wish we knew if LE was investigating reports of animal mutilation that were received prior to Leila's murder or if LE is just now getting such reports for the first time.

Interested to see where it goes.

(05-17-2013, 08:54 AM)Adub Wrote: And just because LE is telling the media information, it does not mean that the parent has seen the police report and investigation. The attorneys will be getting all that but it will probably just start with the initial police report of the murder. We haven't heard a word about the brother having any cuts or scratches.

True. I was surprised to see media reporting that LE has confirmed Isaiah's blood was found at the scene, since his attorneys had just said that they'd seen no incriminating evidence and Barney had also said that he hadn't seen any proof that his son was the killer.

You'd think that the first thing investigators would have done is checked Isaiah for cuts and scratches; never read about there being any (doesn't mean there weren't, just wasn't released to media early on IF there were).

Fact or fiction? Hopefully, we'll learn more about the mutilation and crime scene reports soon.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - BlueTiki - 05-17-2013

I am beginning not to care.

In fact, her death (however horrid and tragic) might be a blessing in disguise.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - LytoMe - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 03:30 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: I am beginning not to care.

In fact, her death (however horrid and tragic) might be a blessing in disguise.

As horrible as that sounds, this little girl probably did not have the best life. Can you imagine ALL of those kids in that little house? This father WAS LIVING off the State and Child Support until JUST last year.

Sad thing is most of these children that have been killed probably did not have the BEST life.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - HairOfTheDog - 05-18-2013

(05-17-2013, 04:31 PM)LytoMe Wrote: As horrible as that sounds, this little girl probably did not have the best life. Can you imagine ALL of those kids in that little house? This father WAS LIVING off the State and Child Support until JUST last year.

Sad thing is most of these children that have been killed probably did not have the BEST life.
It's true. A lot of these cases are disheartening, to say the least.

Leila didn't get to choose her family and the possibility that the adults' lifestyles and relationships may have contributed to her death is frustrating.

It's sad to me that we've heard next to nothing from the family about Leila in the month since her murder. The family appears to have taken a for-the-public defense posture very quickly, without much of a mourning phase. Of course, I don't know what goes on behind closed doors or what the family is going through - just an observation.

I'm gonna follow this case through, as much as it can be followed. The knowledge that Isiah will be released at age 23 - 25 (assuming he's found guilty) is disturbing, in terms of public safety. Also disturbing, he'll be of prime breeding age himself at that time.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - californiakid - 05-18-2013

(05-17-2013, 11:02 AM)Adub Wrote:

You must be a stupid mother fucker while barney works and cares for his kids the children mother piece of shit priscilla abondoned those kids she is a unfit mother!
.and who gave u info that being crystals house dumb ass its their house they moved in together . That doesnt even matter though fact is priscilla wouldnt worry about those kids if this didnt happen. Priscilla is a crazy bitch and ur a stupid mother fucker

Looks like Barney was trying to live off of child support. Wondering if he was getting welfare. The home on Rippon Rd was Crystal's, and she was renting it. And he an Miss Don't Call Me a Step-Mom had only been together a little over a year.

So that means that she was living there with her two kids, and pregnant with Barney's, when Barney moved in with his four last summer. And they were just one big happy family.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - HairOfTheDog - 05-18-2013

Welcome, californiakid.

To post a new comment, just start typing in the blank dialogue box at the bottom of your screen and hit "Post Reply".

If you want to reply to somebody else's post, hit "Quote" at the bottom of that post, type your comment below the text that's displayed, and then "Post Reply".

Please start an introduction thread here:

http://mockforums.net/forum-9.html
Click "New Topic" at the top right to start the thread.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - username - 05-18-2013

I think it posted below my post.

Californiakid wrote:

You must be a stupid mother fucker while barney works and cares for his kids the children mother piece of shit priscilla abondoned those kids she is a unfit mother!
.and who gave u info that being crystals house dumb ass its their house they moved in together . That doesnt even matter though fact is priscilla wouldnt worry about those kids if this didnt happen. Priscilla is a crazy bitch and ur a stupid mother fucker

hah

ETA: Maytee?

(05-18-2013, 12:48 PM)username Wrote: I think it posted below my post.

Californiakid wrote:

hah

What's up with these invisible quotes?

Well, at least californiakid isn't shy. I think that his/her comment was aimed at Ms. Adub.

I'm interested to see/hear what more the kid can share.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - Duchess - 05-18-2013

I don't know why that bullshit is happening but it appears it's only occurring with those using a mobile device.

I'll try to figure it out.

Thanks, Duchess.

When californiakid comes back, I can help with his/her post displays until it gets resolved.

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - Duchess - 05-18-2013

Never mind, I see what happened. I don't think that person has had much experience either in posting or in quoting. This isn't what happened to OP and his invisible posts.

Sorry for the off topic bs.

HOTD: Reposting for @californiakid with quote tags fixed.

(05-18-2013, 12:16 PM)californiakid Wrote:
(05-17-2013, 11:02 AM)Adub Wrote:

RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - Adub - 05-18-2013

Hey, I'm open to knew information. I actually know nothing, just trying to add to the conversation.
The Fowler's from Stockton appear to be a great family. With lovely kids. And the Walter's from Stockton are just peachy, too. Priscilla is a horrible mother for not being apart of her children's life. No excuses for her. She is probably a drug addict, or something. Unexcusable. I totally understand why Barney took the kids and moved up to Valley Springs. Much better environment. Stockton is pretty much a hell hole.