Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
MAKE A MOCK MATCH
(10-05-2017, 08:12 PM)Maggot Wrote: Knowing how much I suck, that means a lot. hah

No you didn't, not at all. If I could find it I'd go back and listen to it again.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-06-2017, 12:35 AM)BigMark Wrote: It feels SO GOOD to get shit done for yourself, i'm just starting after neglecting things to take advantage of the economy.

Yesterday I pruned the rose bushes, fought with huge cacti (they're total pricks), and re-potted some floundering plants.

I'll take some pictures later and post them in the Photography/Garden forum.

Now, I've got cactus stickers in my arms, I'm sneezing my face off, and my back kinda hurts. I'm old!! But, it did feel really good.

Your backyard and pool area looks gorgeous in the pics you posted. Are you working on the outside or inside of your house?
Just got back from Reno, it's beautiful up there right now. Nothing on the house yet, deferred maintenance on my vehicles, and garage cleaning. Did get a new toolbox/workbench.

[Image: 00606_fG0wDT3KQiV_1200x900.jpg]

It goes with my other one.

[Image: 6936945604161.jpg]

That's sorta pretty for manly stuff. I like the clean lines.
Those are really cool Biggie - they look top-of-the-line. I need a cheaper version of your tool bench with drawers for the garage, but don't have the floor space.

My dad was so organized with his tools. He had those old-school gray Craftsman tool benches and boxes. I wish I'd grabbed them after he died, though I don't know where I'd have put them. My mom gave away his tools, table saw, lathe, etc.........a few months after he died. They had so much sentimental value to me.

I don't think she had any idea of the value of well-kept tools or she'd have mentioned getting rid of them to me before she did it. She's holding on to a large shed full of Richard Simmons dolls because she thinks they're very valuable 'collector's items', but she just tossed all that great stuff in the garage. :(
Nice Biggie, I love me some tool boxes. Nothing better that I like to do than shop for tool boxes and than go watch a little Nascar and NFL. Perfect fucking Sunday. Sunday Funday.
And beat your kids, don't forget to beat your kids!
I'm still traumatized by the shed full of Richard Simmons dolls. I could have nightmares over that one.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
[Image: b0Yaq.gif]
I'd like to buy those Richard Simmons dolls. So I could set them on fire while I played oldies music and filmed it.

Then sell the videos as "Melting to the Oldies."
I never understood that if he was so much into exercising how come he always looked like such a wimp.
(10-09-2017, 10:49 AM)BigMark Wrote: [Image: b0Yaq.gif]

Holy fuckity fuck. *shudders*
(10-09-2017, 11:11 AM)Maggot Wrote: I never understood that if he was so much into exercising how come he always looked like such a wimp.

Probably because he never did any weight lifting. Just aerobics and jazzercising.
(10-09-2017, 11:16 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 11:11 AM)Maggot Wrote: I never understood that if he was so much into exercising how come he always looked like such a wimp.

Probably because he never did any weight lifting. Just aerobics and jazzercising.

Even so Pillsbury, I would think there would be some toning going on but all I see is "wimp"
Because he was obese and when he lost all the weight it just left him mushy. Plus I think he probably has low testosterone.
(10-06-2017, 12:25 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 12:05 AM)Donovan Wrote: Donovan moved to a house with a whole lot of side work. Place is absolutely falling to pieces.

HOTD did a lot of long overdue work on her house earlier this year too.

I'm not as handy as I imagine you are, so I needed professional help (which was a big hit to the bank account).

But, given other bullshit going down in my world at the same time, it was pretty therapeutic to do what I could on my own and I ended up enjoying the productive distraction.

Hope you're having some fun with your fixer-upper too Donovan.
I'm not as handy as I'd like, I spent a lot of time working with the old man and picked up some knowledge but he always had me doing grunt work. Luckily I absorbed enough to know what I'm doing with just a little refresher, and God bless YouTube for tutorial videos. The other day we had a gas dryer breakdown and the quote was 200 bucks to fix. Even though I knew is was a dryer belt. Watched a quick "how to" clip, bought a belt, took that fucker apart and had it running good as new in about half an hour. 23 bucks. THAT is satisfying...but I'm in the Wrong damn business.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
There is not much I have ever been afraid to take on as to fixing things, been doing it literally all my life.
That said, Youtube is the cats ass for a lot of stuff like that.
I find everything on there tutorials on my TKD forms to how to change Ball Joints on modern trucks
They charge $65 just to tell you how much the repair will be, applied to the purchase to go forward. Makes you kinda have to have them do it.
I wonder if Richard Simmons ever changed a ball joint.
If by change you mean pull like taffy with his teeth, then yes.