Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAME OF THRONES
I bet she's pregnant.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(06-20-2016, 11:03 PM)Donovan Wrote: I bet she's pregnant.

I do too.

I hate that Little Finger was the one who saved them. He is up to no good because he does nothing unless he gains from it. I see him becoming Sansa's husband to cover it up. Little Finger totally set Sansa up to be in the situation she is currently in. And now she owes him.
Is it just me or are the Starks as a group really fucking bad at making levelheaded major decisions? You got Eddard falling victim to the Lannister game, understandable I guess as he was way out of his comfort zone. But King of the North Robb decides to fuck and behead his way out of winning a war and gets smoked at what is clearly a hostile wedding, Sands has like eight hundred chances to leave Jeoffrey and says, "nah I'm good." Arya spends a whole fucking season chasing and training with the faceless God only to Chuck it all, twice, because some actress was kinda nice to her. Bran caused the whole tree thing to turn to shit because he couldn't wait long enough for old tree dude to finish his nap, and fucked up 20 years of Hodor's life doing it.
And Jon Snow decides his best attack strategy against Bolton is the Leroy Jenkins gambit.

Fucking idiots, all of them.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Rob had poor decision making skills and held his own counsel. Cat tried to warn him that you don't go back on your word. He brought his own death upon himself.

Sansa saved Jon's ass, no doubt about it. I wish the writers would get their act together in regards to her character, either make her a tough go-getter or a hand wringing maiden, stop waffling back & forth with her. I can suspend belief for those fricken dragons but what they are doing with her character is making me crazy.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think they're aiming for a story arc that shows her BECOMING a badass through the things she has dealt with. And yeah, she technically saved her idiot brother Leeroy Jenkins, but in the grand scope of a legit battle: if you write for reenforcements and know they're coming, why not kinda FUCKING MENTION IT BEFORE THE BATTLE? Seems like something he ought to know in advance.
(06-22-2016, 12:20 AM)Donovan Wrote: Is it just me or are the Starks as a group really fucking bad at making levelheaded major decisions? You got Eddard falling victim to the Lannister game, understandable I guess as he was way out of his comfort zone. But King of the North Robb decides to fuck and behead his way out of winning a war and gets smoked at what is clearly a hostile wedding, Sands has like eight hundred chances to leave Jeoffrey and says, "nah I'm good." Arya spends a whole fucking season chasing and training with the faceless God only to Chuck it all, twice, because some actress was kinda nice to her. Bran caused the whole tree thing to turn to shit because he couldn't wait long enough for old tree dude to finish his nap, and fucked up 20 years of Hodor's life doing it.
And Jon Snow decides his best attack strategy against Bolton is the Leroy Jenkins gambit.

Fucking idiots, all of them.
I'd have to say this is pretty accurate. But you forgot the worst one.

Poor little orphan Islander gets adopted by the Starks, hangs his head and heads home, has sex with his sister, ransacks his former home, pretends to murder his adopted brothers, gets captured by his enemy, gets his dick chopped off, and becomes the biggest sniveling POS in the show.
And then there's Rickard the superfluous extra brother nobody cares about. Seriously, did anyone even ever care about that kid? He was the Game of Thrones version of Happy Days' Chuck. They should have just written him out.

Tonight is the last episode for the year :(
Yep. Should be interesting what they set up for next season. Gotta figure the white walkers will creep up on the wall 1st any minute. Especially with Benjen back.
(06-26-2016, 03:11 PM)Donovan Wrote: Especially with Benjen back.

...and he's got Bran with him. I'd like to see that addressed at least a little tonight.

I hope Sansa is smarter than I'm giving her credit for right now, I don't want her swayed by Littlefinger. He's a crafty worm and he can't be trusted.

In a completely bizarre way I will miss Ramsey. He was always interesting and a lot of fun to watch. I've read interviews done by the guy who played him. He didn't much like Ramsey but he portrayed him brilliantly.
I'm thinking we will see Sansa drift toward hardcore over the next season. It's been a common theme of the show that the women are the genuine badasses while the men bumble about. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rift between her and Jon over Winterfell. Meanwhile here is an interesting theory I saw yesterday...

(06-26-2016, 06:11 PM)Donovan Wrote: Meanwhile here is an interesting theory I saw yesterday...

Yeah, that seems to be the most common theory regarding Jon's parents and I can see Ned claiming Jon in order to save him. As you know Ned was an honorable man in all ways and it was always hard to imagine him breaking his vows to Cat.
Well, now...that was quite the episode.

When I don't get to see people actually die on this show I've come to expect them back. I want to see Margaery kick Cercei's ass off that throne!

I wondered why the camera lingered on the smoke & fire and then whoosh, Tommen was out the window.

I wasn't surprised at what Ned found in the tower, it was sorta anti-climatic.

Now, a ten month wait. 52

...and Arya crossing a name off her kill list. Aha! That old fuck had it coming. *applauds*
Yeah but that kid is like two more creepy grin murders from her own horror movie franchise. I was trying to figure out where I had seen that exact method of revenge before, then I remembered the Penguin cooked the rotten kids of his evil step mom on Gotham.
Also I don't see how Margaery or anyone survives that, it blew up the whole city. Even if they got out they were toast.
Yeah even if she left when she tried she's probably still a goner. But good on her for figuring it out.

I was certain the Arya scene was a dream until they cut away... I'm shocked she went full vigilante but good for her. In a den of thieves and villains, you're either a player or a victim. She's going to be a formidable assassin.

What in God's name are the northerners doing. Who the hell cares who the king of the north is? King of the north, king of the south, king of the yellow brick road... there's an UNDEAD ARMY marching south. Does it really matter who you're following? Anyone with a heartbeat is your ally! If they don't focus on the real threat, they're gonna get steamrolled by death incarnate. The dude raises his arms and everyone he's killed becomes his soldier! That's some shit that would make me ally with Queen Bitch even though I hate her more than anyone.

But no, Dragonlady is going to come sweep through the western kingdoms and take King's Landing, securing her throne and decimating both armies just in time for the undead to get past the wall. Then All Men Die. I know your game RR.
(06-27-2016, 09:50 AM)Donovan Wrote: Also I don't see how Margaery or anyone survives that, it blew up the whole city. Even if they got out they were toast.

(06-27-2016, 11:08 AM)Cutz Wrote: Yeah even if she left when she tried she's probably still a goner. But good on her for figuring it out.

I'm sometimes unreasonable where this show is concerned and other times it's straight up denial.

They made me this way.

I kinda wanted to see what The Mountain did to Septa.