The Death List
Carrie Fisher's blood work came back. It seems she was chock full O' heroin, Ecstasy and cocaine at the time of her death.

Smoke weed, live to old age.

I feel sorry for everyone who has a monkey on their back. I know people have free will but...

I have an older friend who was a heroin addict. She's been clean & straight for as long as I've known her and she told me a few years ago that quitting heroin was easier than quitting tobacco. I've never forgotten that. Nicotine is a drug worse than the big H. Man. That's some shit.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-20-2017, 02:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Smoke weed, live to old age.

I feel sorry for everyone who has a monkey on their back. I know people have free will but...

I have an older friend who was a heroin addict. She's been clean & straight for as long as I've known her and she told me a few years ago that quitting heroin was easier than quitting tobacco. I've never forgotten that. Nicotine is a drug worse than the big H. Man. That's some shit.
Actually, nicotine by itself isn't bad for you. It's the delivery method that's bad for you, and big tobacco has been adding chemicals to their cigarettes to increase dependency since the 1960's. A recent study was done on the "bargain priced cigarettes" and the analysis showed that over 80% of the "tobacco" was actually cabbage that had absorbed nicotine amongst a plethora of other chemicals which were shown to release Oxytosin, dopamine and seratonins in the brain.

But that wasn't my point... Carrie's battles with substance abuse was no secret and she was clean when her mom died. Coke, heroine and ecstasy sounds like a perfect suicide cocktail.
Well they must be doing something wrong. I smoke those Black and Mild mini cigars and I've felt no addiction to them. Maybe its because I mostly vape.

I've never done that but someone suggested I try it with weed. I can't recall who.

Aren't you afraid of it exploding in your mouth and blowing your teeth out?
(06-20-2017, 02:38 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: A recent study was done on the "bargain priced cigarettes" and the analysis showed that over 80% of the "tobacco" was actually cabbage that had absorbed nicotine amongst a plethora of other chemicals which were shown to release Oxytosin, dopamine and seratonins in the brain.

My God! Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
(06-20-2017, 02:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've never done that but someone suggested I try it with weed. I can't recall who.

No. I've had the coil overheat from overuse, but I'm smart enough to take a break from it and let it cool down rather than burn my mouth and tongue.
(06-20-2017, 02:42 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Well they must be doing something wrong. I smoke those Black and Mild mini cigars and I've felt no addiction to them. Maybe its because I mostly vape.
Typically cigars are not inhaled, so comparing cigars to cigarettes is apples and oranges.
(06-20-2017, 02:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Ummmm have you seen his latest picture of him on the bus? His teeth look like speed bumps on a hookers twat.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Glen Campbell has died at 81 :(

He wrote this song after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's. [Image: cry-blow.gif]

He was one of the top 10 guitarists in the world, Starting out as a session guitarist.

He was great.
Someone post his rendition of Wichita Lineman, playing that really cool guitar.

Great, great song.
Wichita lineman is a song I could listen to over and over.

Dick Gregory died and so did Jerry Lewis. There will be one more and it hadn't better be Betty White!
Watching old Jerry Lewis movies as a kid always made me kind of anxious; he was good at being manic and skittish. I loved Dean Martin though.

Lewis managed to raise billions of dollars for Muscular Dystrophy with his annual Labor Day telethons. He helped a lot of people.

I read Lewis was 91 and died peacefully at his Las Vegas home, surrounded by family and friends. RIP.

[Image: d8fefe22b9bf1c3500ea0dbac78817f8--jerry-...onnell.jpg]
Awww Jerry dammit.

Credit where due, he made a lot of money with his yearly telethons but I never really got his humor.
He has a line of movie theaters call the "Jerry Lewis Cinemas" that showed mostly family oriented movies in the early 70's that's where I saw Tomasina. hah
(08-21-2017, 05:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Credit where due, he made a lot of money with his yearly telethons but I never really got his humor.

His humor never did a thing for me either.
(08-21-2017, 06:55 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 05:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:

His humor never did a thing for me either.

Me either though I did like Professor Frink who was based on Jerry Lewis.