The Death List
Speaking of fucked up clowns........I just read that the actor who played Captain Spaulding in one of my favorite movies, The Devil's Rejects (and House of 1000 Corpses), died a couple of weeks back.

Sid Haig was 80 years old.  He had COPD and died of heart failure.  

Rest in peace.
It was sad to read that Democratic congressman and civil rights activist Elijah Cummings died early this morning.  

He always struck me as eloquent, balanced, and truly interested in serving the best interests of his constituents and the American people.

[Image: b104e78e-7663-4546-9ada-d5391f8b2eb7_zpsx9vk5dv2.jpg]

Cummings represented Baltimore/Maryland for 12 terms, securing over 75% of the votes in his last run.

He'd been the Chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee since the Democrats took back the House of Representatives last year.

Cummings was 68 and died of yet unspecified health complications.  Rest in peace.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg next?
He said with unabashed glee.
(10-17-2019, 08:25 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It was sad to read that Democratic congressman and civil rights activist Elijah Cummings died early this morning. 

It was one of the first things I saw early this morning. It is such a loss, not only to his family & all those who cared about him but to his community both in Maryland and in DC. He was widely respected by so many, including me. He was a true patriot in every sense of the word and his absence will be felt by so many.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-17-2019, 11:10 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 08:25 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It was sad to read that Democratic congressman and civil rights activist Elijah Cummings died early this morning. 

It was one of the first things I saw early this morning. It is such a loss, not only to his family & all those who cared about him but to his community both in Maryland and in DC. He was widely respected by so many, including me. He was a true patriot in every sense of the word and his absence will be felt by so many.

Very well put. It is sad indeed.

Elijah was recently picked on by Donald, I wonder if Donald is saddened now.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I went through here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cu...ict_Judges

the other day and listed the judges in each district by year to see how many will likely be replaced in Trump's next term and how this will skew the courts to the right.

Hell, there is a judge that was appointed by Lyndon Johnson.

Many will be in their 80's by the time his second term finishes (If they make it)
(10-17-2019, 01:32 PM)Carsman Wrote: Elijah was recently picked on by Donald, I wonder if Donald is saddened now.

You're kiddin', right? Chances are he is a narcissistic, he doesn't experience emotions like well adjusted people do. He's not going to feel bad about the death of a black man and may even be glad it's one less person working hard to get rid of that incompetent cocksucka.
I hear Baltimore ran very well under Cummings. No garbage, no rats, low on murders, low on crime in general, great education standards and all the money from taxes went to good use.

Let's NOT canonise this guy because he died
(10-17-2019, 11:10 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Yeah, Cummings was one of the few politicians who always aimed to work across the aisle and was well respected and admired by Democrats and Republicans alike.

He fought tirelessly to make inner cities a better place and to achieve equal rights for all, though no one in this country has been able to achieve those goals in full.  He kept fighting and made a difference, with dignity.

In recent years, he frequently used his platform to advocate an end to political divisiveness and hate on both sides, and publicly stood up for his friend Mark Meadows (ultra conservative Freedom Caucus leader) when Meadows cried about being accused of racism.  Cummings did that because he had integrity, and in spite of predictable heat from some on the left.

President Trump ordered flags flown at half staff today in memory and respect of Cummings' service to this country, despite their political differences.
Cummings is not being cannonized because he's dead.  That's an ignorant and false claim.  

He's being mourned, and he's being honored for who he was in life and for his contributions to this country.
BREAKING: I just heard Coby Bryant is dead. He just died in a helicopter crash there in California.
Yup, so did his brother Kobe.
My mom is so in love with Kobe and has been for years. She’s really sad; got FOX news playing on two TVs and is calling all her friends and our family in So Cal. I wasn’t such a big fan, but Kobe was an awesome player for the Lakers. Rest In Peace.
(01-26-2020, 03:59 PM)BigMark Wrote: Yup, so did his brother Kobe.
I'm an Aussie, I am just passing on what was on the morning news here. I don't really know him. So I just thought it was important to let you guys know. It's shocking, that's for sure. We don't have the basketball here like you do over there. We do have it, but Australian Football is the big sport, as well as cricket. Different country, different culture. I hate all sport.
Calabasas is where the Kardashians live, it's about an hours drive west of here in no traffic.
Wow. Awful. Sudden death of young, healthy people is always so shocking to me.
Damn. I just saw a headline saying one of Kobe's daughters was with him.
Gianna Maria Onore his 13 year old daughter was onboard, RIP.