Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NFL 2014
I loved it when he ran to the cheerleaders after a score and grabbed a couple of pom-poms.

Funny stuff.
Just saw the tweet from Jason Kelce with a pic of Foles picking up Sanchez from the airport (Napoleon Dynamite and Pedro). Funny stuff!

The Eagles released DeSean. Holy Moly.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-28-2014, 12:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:

The Eagles released DeSean. Holy Moly.
He shouldn't have asked for more money. The man was very well paid. So well in fact that I'm betting the trigger was pulled to let him walk next year when the contract expired. Makes sense to just bring in a kid now for 180K per year and teach him the system. Gotta tell you... I like Chip's style. Don't forget the coaches meeting was yesterday. A lot of deals are made at that meeting that makes stuff like this to appear from nothing, but come draft day, it all makes sense.

I'm actually one of very few people who is comfortable with this. I feel very excited and I have a great deal of faith in our coach. I believe he has a plan.
Not sure why they felt the need to add the whole "gang affiliation" slam on the way out the door. Unless there is real reason to incriminate somebody, that was a classless thing to do by the Eagles. Cheap shot.
I wasn't aware the Eagles had said that but I have heard it several times today, it's all over the place.

I wonder what is going on. Why would a team let a pro-bowler go. He just had the best season of his career. I don't think this has anything to do with money either. They couldn't even get a 7th round pick for him.
There is definitely more than what is being reported behind the scenes, and his adamant reaction practically guarantees more will come out. I highly doubt "dubious friends" is a reason enough to cut ties with a star player, or the NFL would be half full and Oakland and Baltimore wouldn't even have teams.

Something is very wrong. When you have teams who recently were expressing interest in signing him who are now publicly stating they have decided against it one has to wonder what they know or think they know. You don't just dump talent like that for a minor reason. The Eagles paid 6 million and released him.

When they choose not to re-sign Jason Avante recently the Eagles organization wrote quite a lengthy thank you to him filled with kudos and expressing their good will towards him. When they cut DeSean they released a 2 sentence statement.
Here's a link that talks about some of the stuff they found bothersome: seems to be a combination of attitude, not clicking with Chip Kelly, and the links and public support of guys in bad places. Guilt by association: it's a thing.

Desean Jackson gang ties

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

This is what one of DeSean's teammates tweeted yesterday -

Jason Kelce ‏@Jkelce 19h

We just made an extremely unpopular decision, but I couldn't be more excited and happy with where this organization is going!! #FlyEaglesFly

Grown men are losing their minds over this DeSean Jackson bullshit. I alternate between laughing because the hysteria is so funny to shaking my head in dismay.
(04-01-2014, 11:42 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Grown men are losing their minds over this DeSean Jackson bullshit. I alternate between laughing because the hysteria is so funny to shaking my head in dismay.
He's a Redskin now. He'll burn our secondary at least twice this year, which will result in the burning of #10 jerseys throught the Eagles nation. I'm just kind of "meh" about it. Maybe thats because I never spent 300 buck on one of his jerseys?hah

I have a few custom jerseys but not DeSean's. I no sooner got Jason Babin's for Christmas and then he was history. I have a Brian Westbrook too, love Brian and I have Shady's, and that's what is on the back, Shady, not McCoy.

I'm not concerned with DeSean signing with the 'Skins, not a wit. Some people have lost their minds over this. I'm so glad I don't feel that way.
(04-02-2014, 02:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I have a few custom jerseys but not DeSean's. I no sooner got Jason Babin's for Christmas and then he was history. I have a Brian Westbrook too, love Brian and I have Shady's, and that's what is on the back, Shady, not McCoy.

I'm not concerned with DeSean signing with the 'Skins, not a wit. Some people have lost their minds over this. I'm so glad I don't feel that way.
I have a McCoy (kelly green throwback) and Akers. I'm not concerned either. RGknee is an injury waiting to happen just like Vick was. DJax is fast, but he can't throw the ball and then run down the field and catch it so I believe the hype will be short lived once the season is 4 games in.

BG, the pro-bowl is going to be played in AZ next year! The University of Phoenix is hosting.
(04-09-2014, 02:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:

BG, the pro-bowl is going to be played in AZ next year! The University of Phoenix is hosting.
U of P is the Cardnials stadium. I'm not big on the pro bowl, but I may check out ticket prices. There really isn't a bad seat in that stadium.
No more Honolulu?

The players got excited about the Pro Bowl because their families got a free vacation in Hawaii.

Not so sure anyone will care anymore about making the team with a trip to Phoenix on the line.

It's back to Hawaii in 2016.
(04-10-2014, 04:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's back to Hawaii in 2016.

It does take a helluva long time to get here.

That's my only knock.