Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Kitchen Remodel
Smart ass designer:

Yes they would get steamed! You are only allowed to saute in front of guests.
Commando Cunt Queen
Duchess,
Was that your kitchen with blue stove? I love that kitchen minus the kitchen utensils in containers...My first house was decorated in blue colors. It could be featured in a Design magazine...(your kitchen)
I have been looking at homes (on the internet) in another state/city and I heard that granite is on the way out, too. However, designers mention wood, glass and stainless steel. I wouldn't want any of these for a countertop. I did read about Quartz, but I have also seen concrete (mixed with color) countertops and they are stunning but more expensive (I think) than granite. Designers are also mentioning ceramic tiles for countertop. Again, I wouldn't choose ceramic as if you get a nick, it really shows. Think I would use porcelain as design goes all the way through the tile so nicks don't show as much. That was on one of floors in Colorado, though. I also had Corian and at the time they only had two colors, white and black. I had white and what a dream to clean. You can put hot plates on the surface, and scratch out any damages....I also like hickory cabinets. I have cherry now but a little bored with it now. Hickory has a lot of wood detail in it. I have seen beautiful alder, though, too. Anything but oak. In Colorado, I have white cabinets and like those; white appliances look best with them. Also read that stainless steel is going out of favor, too. That is what I have here in AZ. I love decorating and anything related...Do you all ever watch the Jeff Lewis show on Bravo? He is too contemporary for me...
I can see your kitchen being transformed to this...

[Image: untitled_zps5b28c293.png]
(10-24-2014, 07:36 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Duchess,
Was that your kitchen with blue stove?

Yes, it was and my dishwashers are the same brand & identical blue.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-23-2014, 05:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

By the time you get done I'm going to hate my lovely kitchen :(

Me too. When I see some of the newer kitchens in magazines it makes me want to move out of my stinking house. And take my wood burning oven that I spent my daughter's college tuition on with me.
You know who had an awesome house, JimBone. I don't know what the inside looked like, but the outside was spectacular.
Sometimes, it just doesn't need to be updated....
I love your kitchen, Duchess, so don't go changing it....If you want it to feel like a new kitchen, get some pale yellow vases or plates to place on counter after you relocate your urns of kitchen gadgets....The blue and white is so crisp, clean and a little bit country which fits your lifestyle...
(10-24-2014, 08:14 PM)sally Wrote: You know who had an awesome house, JimBone. I don't know what the inside looked like, but the outside was spectacular.

I wish you wouldn't have given Jim such shit for looking so gay on that swing.
lol
(10-24-2014, 07:51 PM)sally Wrote: I can see your kitchen being transformed to this...

[Image: untitled_zps5b28c293.png]

I love that picture/kitchen. O.M.G. I'm sending that to her. She told me an island was kind of out but if we pushed in to the bathroom/living room, I don't know why I couldn't have something like that. If that's a "galley" kitchen, she actually told me I'd have to make my kitchen smaller so I wouldn't have to travel too far between sink/stove etc. *scratches head* That's REALLY pretty and I love the way the corners are cut to allow pantry/refrigerator space. Love3
Commando Cunt Queen
Even the support beam (like I have between my family room and kitchen) is pretty...be still my 109.
Commando Cunt Queen

I fricken love open beams, I think they are gorgeous. I like an open floor plan for the living areas too. I think it makes a room look warm & inviting.

Do you use your fireplace?
(10-25-2014, 07:04 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I fricken love open beams, I think they are gorgeous. I like an open floor plan for the living areas too. I think it makes a room look warm & inviting.

Do you use your fireplace?

We never use that fireplace. There's no good explanation for that except laziness. I'm not sure but I don't think you can even build wood burning fireplaces any more around here. Spare the air and all that. It's ugly as it is AND there's no reason the brick and mantel etc. have to take up 23rds of that wall. There's a lot we could do with that.

I don't know how wide our kitchen is but the designer tells me I'm probably not getting an island like the one in the picture. She says that kitchen is 15-16 feet wide--I guess I don't have that (at least now) and she doesn't like islands anyway. She believes they're largely just something to walk around getting from the sink to the stove etc. I can kind of see that but we both like the colors and other aspects of that kitchen. Thank you, Sally.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-25-2014, 12:04 PM)username Wrote: It's ugly as it is

Oh noes. I don't see that at all. Is it the color that's turning you off or simply the placement of it? If it's the color that's a very easy fix. I kinda have a hard on for fireplaces. I think they add so much ambience. I even have one in my office but it's not "real" like all my other ones but you couldn't tell by looking at it. Don't hate on your fireplace.
Yeah I think that white brick could be changed and then the fire place would look beautiful. Have her fix that up too with the colors from your kitchen while she's at it. I know easier said than done, I don't know how much money your looking to spend on this project lol.

User, there is fireplace refacing like there is cabinet refacing. There are a shit ton of pix out there and the end results are bee-u-tee-ful.

I don't want to get rid of it. I've thought about putting in an insert or something that would actually get used. What type do you have in your office, Duchess?

The brick just doesn't go with the Tuscan look I'm sort of shooting for and the ledge below it (and the whole fireplace) take up more room than they need to. I'd rather drop it down towards the floor, leave it centered on the wall and give it some pretty surround (a Tuscan tile, marble?). Fuck if I know but one thing begets another. We're going to have to replace the flooring in there anyway so if we're going to change the hearth, now is the time to do it.

I haven't even put a budget on this yet. I showed my husband your picture, Sally and he just rolled his eyes so I'm just barreling forward. I imagine this can't cost less than $100k, right? That's kind of my starting point but maybe I'm dreaming. Appliances, cabinets, floors...cha-ching!!!

Once you get over $100k, what's another $20 or $30? It becomes Monopoly money at that point, lol.

it's going to significantly increase the value of the home though. We'd take a giant hit for that kitchen. A lot of our neighbors have already upgraded theirs.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-25-2014, 01:33 PM)username Wrote: What type do you have in your office, Duchess?

It's similar to this only a lighter colored wood. It's electric, it has a very realistic flame, good enough that it's always mistaken for a real fire and you have the option of whether you want it to blow heat, much like a heater would. You can have the flames with no heat if that's your choice. I like it because of how it looks not because I want heat.

[Image: 50162237lg.jpg]

This is what the flames look like. Don't pay any attention to my thumb. I was granting wishes in Mock and that's what Ily wanted to see.

[Image: IMG-20121008-04551.jpg]
That's pretty, Duchess (I'm talking about your thumb but the fireplace is lovely too). I want to put an insert in there. I'm never going to wake up feeling the urge to go collect firewood and start a real fire. It's just not going to happen. BUT, I can and would flip a switch!!

I got a random email from the designer last night with product information about this range top. I dunno, it looks kind of boring. Smiley_emoticons_slash I've already decided I don't need a 6 burner or anything so the fact that it's small doesn't bother me. For the first time in my life, I"m going to have a gas burner. About fucking time.

[Image: MCSA042255_PCG304G_def.jpg]
Commando Cunt Queen