Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Well I voted today . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . and most likely it will be in vain again. As my guy won't win again, just like last time. But I keep on tryin! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Word
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
There were many people voting everywhere. I bet this will go down as one of the most voted in mid term elections, I heard 53% of registered voters turned out, that's good.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Someone tried to shame me because I didn't. I got tsk tsk'ed.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I thank you for that. Wasnme

Ha!

The husband of one of the people running here was caught red handed swiping the opponent's signs. It was hysterical to see him on the morning news with the lights in his face and he's trying to hide behind the signs he has just pulled from the ground. His wife must have been mortified.
(11-04-2014, 05:21 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Someone tried to shame me because I didn't. I got tsk tsk'ed.

Well since Bill wasn't in the race, you just had no interest! hah

Damn, as anticipated, my guy LOST! (again) Want to Strangle somebody!

The ink will be removed from the pen, the batteries from the phone, Michelle already has his balls.

[Image: 0e9.jpg]
It's gonna be an interesting two years.

The congressional election results really reflect poorly on Obama and the Dems.

The GOP is regarded just as poorly as Obama according to polls, but looks like voters still want hope and change -- hope that things will improve with changes in state representation and via a united-party Congress.

If the GOP-dominated Congress works its ass off to push through long-stalled immigration reform and other key initiatives in order to position themselves as forerunners for the 2016 Presidential race, it's a good thing for the country. I'm sick of the bickering, finger-pointing and stagnation. Hoping we can start moving forward again.

Obama's expected to make a public statement later today -- he's gotta be one disappointed dude.

My feeling is that if people thought things were bad before, you ain't seen nothing yet. Again, it's the people who will get fucked and I look forward to saying, I told you so. Two more years of nothing getting done.Others won't agree and that's fine, this is only my opinion.
(11-05-2014, 10:52 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's gonna be an interesting two years.

Ummmm....

Not in the bluest of the Blue states.

Al Franken retained his senate seat with a rout and Gov. Mark Dayton (who looks like he has the IQ of a turnip) crushed his challenger.

I don't even know why I vote. My guys are never even close.

I wish I could feel satisfied. No matter who won I knew I wouldn't be happy.

I haz no faith :(
(11-05-2014, 11:07 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(11-05-2014, 10:52 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's gonna be an interesting two years.

Ummmm....

Not in the bluest of the Blue states.

Al Franken retained his senate seat with a rout and Gov. Mark Dayton (who looks like he has the IQ of a turnip) crushed his challenger.

I don't even know why I vote. My guys are never even close.

Yeah, the bluest of blue and the reddest of red states are typically pretty much set in stone.

It's the swing states that get watched and courted by each party as elections approach.

There are more Republicans in the House now than anytime since World War II. And, the Dems lost more Senate seats than were anticipated. To me, that's a general reflection on how citizens feel about the performance of the current administration.

I don't have faith either, Duchess. But, I have a dose of hope. There's been a whole lotta nothing getting done for years now, IMO. If that changes, I think it will be an improvement, regardless of why it changes.

I'm guessing Hillary is less than thrilled this morning. It's gonna be interesting to see how this affects her strategy leading up to 2016. That target on her chest just got a little bigger and there's an elephant on her tail.
For the first time in a long while, I didn't vote either. I couldn't bring myself to vote for either party and the issues we had on the ballot just didn't inspire me to action. I'm apathetic.
Commando Cunt Queen

If I had my druthers - I want someone to go inside the Beltway and clean house. I want to start fresh and I want limits and I want money taken out of the equation. I don't feel that the people there work for us and I want all those bitches cut loose, I want them out of Dodge. They are not working together towards a common goal and they haven't done so in many, many years. It's like the goddamn Hatfields & McCoys as it stands now. The group of old pricks have got some power now but there is nothing they can do with it, this is just going to be another 2 years of the same ol' shit.
Many of the bills that the house put on the Senates seat were dumped. As with the dysfunction in D.C. much of it was not that the Republicans were not ready to bend, it was the Democrats unwillingness to give in also. The bills produced by the Senate were a bit over the top and they did not want debate. Now these bills will go forward with forced debate no matter how tough it is.
Watch as the President uses executive power over the next few months to try and galvanize what he thinks is best, no matter what the country the Dems or the Republicans think is. He has his own vision and nobody really knows what the desperate loose cannon will try.
I'm hoping some movement comes out of this. Not some fantasy world but something that will actually help America. The Race card has been played out and reality might become something these Politicians can learn to accept.

I think I'm just going to say meh and stick my head in the sand. Same shit, different year and I'd rather not feel agitated by what those people are doing or not doing.