Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ferguson & St. Louis, MO -- Deaths and Protests
(11-25-2014, 03:03 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: It wasn't that black people can't or won't be honest, I just felt like any eyewitness would be under considerable outside pressure to have their testimony fit an agenda.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, definitely just your opinion.

According to your explanation, you need to rescind that initial extra credit pat on the head you extended to black witnesses. Why would they be deserving of any more kudos than non-black eyewitnesses in the area who, in your opinion, would also be under considerable pressure to have their testimony fit an agenda, right?
I don't get why you're upset with me about this.

From what I understand, and perhaps I'm wrong, the town of Ferguson is nearly 100% black except for the police force.

Im just assuming, and again maybe incorrectly, that nearly 100% of the witnesses would then be black.

Mob mentality would dictate that any eyewitnesses would have their story fit the perspective of "unarmed teenager gunned down while trying to surrender."

So, yes, I'm applauding those citizens, black (especially), white or brown, who under peer pressure, still testified with integrity.

If I wrongly underestimated the integrity of ordinary black citizens, then I apologize.

If you can't see my point then you're just being obtuse.
Brothers and Sisters stick together, that's what I heard a commenter say today. Not that that's wrong its just the way it is. Again its reality. The cop did not wake up that morning and say "I'm gonna kill a nigger" But it is the perception, that seems to be the majority. No matter the outcome it will get worse and it will spread unless the Blacks with some semblance of intelligence step in and stop it. Whatever a white man says will be vilified no matter how right it may be.

Does anyone actually think that the bad apples are going to listen to anyone? its personal to them and the common good be damned.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-25-2014, 03:21 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I don't get why you're upset with me about this.

From what I understand, and perhaps I'm wrong, the town of Ferguson is nearly 100% black except for the police force.

Im just assuming, and again maybe incorrectly, that nearly 100% of the witnesses would then be black.

Mob mentality would dictate that any eyewitnesses would have their story fit the perspective of "unarmed teenager gunned down while trying to surrender."

So, yes, I'm applauding those citizens, black (especially), white or brown, who under peer pressure, still testified with integrity.

If I wrongly underestimated the integrity of ordinary black citizens, then I apologize.

You racist fuck. hah

I don't really mean that but it was that or fuck face. You don't commend people for telling the truth. I have the expectation of truth and I'm not going to give you or anyone else, regardless of their skin color, a little pat because they did what is expected, did the right thing.

Hot D, thank you but I'm not interested in reading Piers, whether it's right or wrong, agree, disagree, I'm just not that into him. I'd rather have a pap smear.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-25-2014, 03:21 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I don't get why you're upset with me about this.

If you can't see how your underlying assumptions and your little "shout out" to black witnesses for being honest are condescending, you're obtuse, MS.

And, you're wrong about the percentages. 70% black.

And, you are assuming witnesses testified with more integrity than in other investigations because......the conclusion in this case supports your opinion?

And, by the way, there were three black people on the grand jury. Pat, pat, pat those heads. Two of them were women, even!
(11-25-2014, 03:30 PM)Duchess Wrote: Hot D, thank you but I'm not interested in reading Piers, whether it's right or wrong, agree, disagree, I'm just not that into him. I'd rather have a pap smear.[/i][/size]

Well then, get them feet in the stirrups!!

I'm telling ya, you're missing out on some keen insight, sister.

Piers has the 411 on American current and social affairs.

[Image: Piers-Morgan-on-the-phone.jpg]

hah ........ I'll stop Piers trolling ya.
(11-25-2014, 03:39 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: hah ........ I'll stop Piers trolling ya.

I knew you were, you hussy. Smiley_emoticons_wink
Duchess is the biggest racist @ Mock so her calling ME racist is easily dismissed.

And, other than HotD, who apparently has her head stuck in the sand when it comes to societal issues, I bet just about every other person who read my detailed explanation of why I gave the "shout out" agrees with me.

Come on people, show your integrity.
(11-25-2014, 03:52 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Duchess is the biggest racist @ Mock

Explain yourself.
(11-25-2014, 02:45 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'd like to say kudos to the eyewitnesses (particularly the black ones) who had the courage to testify honestly to what they saw.

Not an easy thing to do and they should somehow be commended.

I apologize, Midwest Spy. Your quoted post made more sense than I thought.

BREAKING MOCK NEWS:

I just got PMs from three eyewitnesses in the Michael Brown shooting case who happened to be reading Mock; they have messages for you.

One of them is white. He says, "thanks so much for the kudos Midwest Spy. You're swell. That truth-tellin' business sure was strenuous, especially with my arm twisted behind my back!!"

Two of them are black. They say, "STFU Midwest Spy you condescending cracker mothafucka-- we volunteered to poly up on day 1 -- no sweatin' involved. P.s. however, if you'd like to send us a few Benjamins or a couple of hoodies as a kinda reward or something of that nature, wire that shit to HOTD immediately."
(11-25-2014, 03:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 03:52 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Duchess is the biggest racist @ Mock

Explain yourself.

How about the "I'll take 2 slaves" and the "Nigger" thread?

I have a problem with Somali's that have invaded my state and don't contribute anything, however, the West Africans, Hmong and Vietnamese here are, generally speaking, decent, hard-working citizens.

People get tired of this line, but with me it's true:

Since age 18 I've had many, many black friends. Integrating into the military will do that to you.

In fact, I'd go so far as to have the US implement what many European countries do, and that is make all young people, once they finish high school, serve in the military for 2 years.

Discipline, work-ethic, respect are all things that get instilled.
(11-25-2014, 03:52 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Duchess is the biggest racist @ Mock so her calling ME racist is easily dismissed.

And, other than HotD, who apparently has her head stuck in the sand when it comes to societal issues, I bet just about every other person who read my detailed explanation of why I gave the "shout out" agrees with me.

You would lose that bet.
(11-25-2014, 04:07 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 03:52 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Duchess is the biggest racist @ Mock so her calling ME racist is easily dismissed.

You would lose that bet.

Highly doubt it.

Actually, I had you pegged for being a little brighter.
(11-25-2014, 04:01 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: How about the "I'll take 2 slaves" and the "Nigger" thread?

Look, nigger, you made my slaves black, not me. I'd be happy with a couple nice Irish girls.

I made the Nigger Nigger Nigger thread because I could. I thought it was more catchy than RACIAL SLURS - DISCUSS.

This isn't the first time you've accused me of being racist. Last time you said I had something against white men or something to that effect because I called you (and others) white bread. I don't want to bang black guys or tightassed, white bread men. That doesn't make me racist. It makes me discerning.
(11-25-2014, 02:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 01:17 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: From what I gathered from the presser, the eyewittnesses made Wilson's case. Some changed their story, and the ones who didn't change their stories were deemed incredible based on the evidence.

You might be right.

I didn't get quite the same impression. I thought it was the physical evidence (the burn wound on Brown's thumb, etc) that made Wilson's case and that last night the prosecutor was explaining how that physical evidence was used to draw a conclusion in favor of Wilson, even though the conclusion conflicted with some of the initial witness accounts.

I think it was a totality of the evidence, including some details of witness accounts extracted during investigation, that lent credence to Wilson's version and prevented the grand jury from indicting him.

Hey, Duchess -- I just read Piers' opinion on the grand jury decision. I agree actually agree with him on a couple of points! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...story.html
I guess my point was that the evidence was stronger than any of the eyewittness testimony. And there was a lot of weight put into wittness testimony by the opposition (especially in the media... SHOCKER). So indirectly, the wittnesses that were going to get him convicted screwed the case, but I see we're off on a completely different topic now. Someone used the "N" word! 45846688jerry
(11-25-2014, 04:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 04:01 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: How about the "I'll take 2 slaves" and the "Nigger" thread?

Look, nigger, you made my slaves black, not me. I'd be happy with a couple nice Irish girls.

I made the Nigger Nigger Nigger thread because I could. I thought it was more catchy than RACIAL SLURS - DISCUSS.

This isn't the first time you've accused me of being racist. Last time you said I had something against white men or something to that effect because I called you (and others) white bread. I don't want to bang black guys or tightassed, white bread men. That doesn't make me racist. It makes me discerning.
It moved. Blush
(11-25-2014, 04:14 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 04:07 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:

You would lose that bet.

Highly doubt it.

Actually, I had you pegged for being a little brighter.

Every time you spout off about what you "know" everyone else is thinking, you get your ass handed to you and look like a fool.
When I read your first post, my first thought was " Why the hell would you give the blacks a bigger high five than the rest of the witnesses"?
Right is right, and wrong is wrong. Some people, maybe even a lot, were taught that when they were children...surprisingly, even some blacks were taught that.

I would have never even commented on this because HotD and Duchess already put you in your place, but once again, you basically asked the board for our opinion and I gave you mine. You lose, once again.

Now...I think I won this one for whose the "brightest" in this conversation...you might think different...but I'm sure the whole fucking board will agree with me. Sarcastic
FQ2, Duchess and HotD just need someone to spar with since they won't do it with each other or Maggot.

However, I really did have you pegged as someone who would understand what I was saying.

Obviously, you three have taken bits and pieces of what I said and manipulated them to fit your agenda (there it is again).

I clarified my position that of course the overwhelming majority of blacks have been taught right from wrong. In this instance, I feel like there most certainly would've have been pressure on eyewitnesses to change/modify their testimony in order to serve the mob mentality.

To applaud those that are able to withstand coercion or threats doesn't seem wrong to me.

Anyhow, you look great in the pic you posted, but I'm not trying to earn any points with you.

Keep beating me up, I can handle it.
(11-25-2014, 05:14 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: FQ2, Duchess and HotD just need someone to spar with since they won't do it with each other or Maggot.

Keep beating me up, I can handle it.

Mr. Insightful strikes again.

Yep, MS, I just pick people willy-nilly with whom to voice disagreement or spar. My responses are never based on the content of the original post or anything. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Seriously -- are you a complete ignoramus, or so self-absorbed that you can read here and still convince yourself that bullshit is true, or are you just a little bit butt-hurt for getting called out and mocked because you posted some condescending foolishness for which anybody would get called out and mocked? It's gotta be one of the three.

P.s. I would not actually unleash and virtually beat you up. I do not believe that you could indeed handle it.
Let's see HotD, the Cosby thread comes to mind.

Duchess said a few things I know you disagreed with, but you chose not to engage her. Then I said something similar to what you said and she jumped my shit, as usual. Now, in that case, you came in to support my viewpoint, but still wouldn't 'full on' engage her.

Duchess does the same. I'm the only one she'll call names or attack.

That's cool. I must threaten the two of you with the way I carry myself. Whatever.

In this thread, Maggot has said some incendiary things, but no one says boo.

Guess its just his opinion? Kinda like I have an opinion.

Butt-hurt is not at all what I feel. I guess I'm an ignoramus because I still believe what I said 100%.