Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
(06-25-2018, 12:33 PM)BigMark Wrote: Why even tell the kids you hate their parents, that's some sick shit.

I can't answer that. Before trump, hate was just a word to me, it was never an emotion. It wasn't familiar at all. Now I feel it and I see it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-25-2018, 11:50 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I wish Maxine Waters, as an elected Democrat representative, would stop encouraging people to harass members of the Trump administration in public settings.

I read Pelosi denounced her. I haven't seen or read anything from her yet though so take it for what it's worth.

This dog whistle could end badly.

[Image: DgjZPc1UwAAxWfK.jpg]
Lots of hate there. Brainexplode
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-25-2018, 01:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: I read Pelosi denounced her. I haven't seen or read anything from her yet though so take it for what it's worth.

This dog whistle could end badly.

^ Very wrong on Trump's part. I did not see/hear Maxine Waters call for anyone to 'harm' Trump officials.

She called for them to VOICE their disapproval and refuse them service.

That tweet from Trump reminds me of when he said he'd pay for the legal bills of his supporters who punched his protesters. He's a hypocrite and he's inciting violence by using 'harm' in such a vague manner.

This is why I consider Waters' speech wrong-minded and counter-productive. She's taking the bait and propelling the divisiveness.

I haven't read that Pelosi denounced Waters' call for harassment, but I expect that she would. I'll look for it now.
(06-25-2018, 01:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: I read Pelosi denounced her. I haven't seen or read anything from her yet though so take it for what it's worth.

Pelosi did denounce Maxine Waters' call for people to harass Trump administration officials. Trump's claim that Pelosi has joined forces with Waters on that front is just another lie.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Monday issued a rare direct rebuke of one of her own members. Pelosi took aim at Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), who has called on anti-Trump resistors to harass Trump administration officials and “tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere.”

On Twitter, Pelosi responded: “In the crucial months ahead, we must strive to make America beautiful again. Trump’s daily lack of civility has provoked responses that are predictable but unacceptable. As we go forward, we must conduct elections in a way that achieves unity from sea to shining sea.”

Pelosi is right on this one, in my opinion.
That's a huge step considering Pelosi has a tough time saying anything coherent.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-25-2018, 01:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Pelosi is right on this one, in my opinion.

She is right. I don't want them rolling around in the mud having a tit for tat. Leave that to me.
(06-25-2018, 01:48 PM)Maggot Wrote: That's a huge step considering Pelosi has a tough time saying anything coherent.

Pelosi does sometimes get tongue-tied. But, she strongly and clearly denounced violence against Trump supporters at protests previously as well. And, Pelosi's no dummy. I think she's keenly aware that Waters' encouragement of harassment against Trump officials probably turns off as many (or more) of us than it turns on and will be used by Trump to his advantage.
(06-25-2018, 01:49 PM)Duchess Wrote: I don't want them rolling around in the mud having a tit for tat. Leave that to me.

Smiley_emoticons_wink Tit or GTFO (of here only, not public establishments).

hah Wise ass.
(06-25-2018, 01:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: This dog whistle could end badly.

Maxine Waters never called for "harm" against Trump supporters. She called for people to gather and protest Trump officials and their policies when they see them in public. Trump's tweet is very misleading (intentionally so, in my opinion) and could end badly.

Sarah Sanders got Secret Service protection because she was asked to leave a restaurant with a comp'd cheese platter.
I don't know if Maxine Waters also received Secret Service protection; if so, she's not talking about it. Trump told tens of millions of people that Waters is trying to harm them and left it so vague as to incite crazies into thinking she called for violence. Now, she's getting death threats.

But, she's not crying or cowering about the vitriol she's getting from the MAGA peeps, the president, Fox News, etc... Waters is fighting back and continuing to protest Trump's policies and what she considers the great harms he's doing to the country.

If Trump and Waters went toe-to-toe in a one-on-one, I'd bet on 79-year-old Maxine hands-down. She's got unbridled fire in her belly.
(07-02-2018, 11:05 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't know if Maxine Waters also received Secret Service protection; if so, she's not talking about it. Trump told tens of millions of people that Waters is trying to harm them and left it so vague as to incite crazies into thinking she called for violence. Now, she's getting death threats.

But, she's not crying or cowering about the vitriol she's getting from the MAGA peeps, the president, Fox News, etc... Waters is fighting back and continuing to protest Trump's policies and what she considers the great harms he's doing to the country.

If Trump and Waters went toe-to-toe in a one-on-one, I'd bet on 79-year-old Maxine hands-down. She's got unbridled fire in her belly.

hah She's a firecracker & I love her chutzpah. I hope to be just like her when I'm that age. I laughed out loud when she talked about shooting straight & a wounded animal. Ahahahaha! Maxine has balls and I always appreciate that in women.
(07-02-2018, 01:24 PM)Duchess Wrote: Maxine has balls and I always appreciate that in women.[/i][/size]

That explains why you're so comfortable with my crossdressing. I guess I won't have to worry about tucking them in around you.hahBlowing-kisses
(07-03-2018, 03:12 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: That explains why you're so comfortable with my crossdressing.

It's never bothered me a bit, not a single time. I like you just the way you are. You're juuuuust right. 27
(07-03-2018, 03:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 03:12 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: That explains why you're so comfortable with my crossdressing.

It's never bothered me a bit, not a single time. I like you just the way you are. You're juuuuust right. 27

Blowing-kisses
(07-02-2018, 01:24 PM)Duchess Wrote: hah She's a firecracker & I love her chutzpah. I hope to be just like her when I'm that age. I laughed out loud when she talked about shooting straight & a wounded animal. Ahahahaha! Maxine has balls and I always appreciate that in women.[/i][/size]

She sometimes gets ahead of herself, but she's fierce and not concerned about being perceived as 'politically correct'. I agree with Maxine Waters a lot of the time, though her means are not always the most effective, in my opinion.

Anyone who buys the bullshit spewed by Trump and the right wing media claiming that Maxine Waters is 'low IQ' should objectively listen to her speak. The speech I posted is reflective of her ability to articulate and make her points passionately, whether scripted or impromptu. I think she's super sharp.

Maxine Waters is the black version of @Blueberryhill. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(07-03-2018, 03:54 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Maxine Waters is the black version of @Blueberryhill. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I think BBH would love that comparison.

Maxine is frequently on Chris Hayes show and I often think he gets her fired up on purpose, I've seen him when the camera comes back unexpectedly and he's just a grinning and of course she's very vocal about impeaching trump. She's no wallflower, that's for sure.