Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2015 world series
In Back to the future part II Marty Mcfly said the 2015 world series would be won by the Cubs.............It may happen.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Congratulations Royals fans.

[Image: 151102003254-20-ws-game-five-1101-exlarge-169.jpg]

Another extra innings game. Another round of late-game heroics. Another come-from-behind win. And, for the first time in 30 years, a World Series win for the Kansas City Royals. They defeated the New York Mets.

And what a way to do it: Down 2-0 coming into the top of the ninth, the Royals scored two runs to tie the game. Then, in the 12th, they racked up five more to seal the win.

The Royals had come from behind again for eighth time in their 11 postseason games, according to MLB.com, securing their first World Series title since 1985.

There was a time when the NFL would bow out on the Sunday night that the World Series was played. Not anymore. And not when the NFL had a showcase matchup between a pair of undefeated teams lined up.

So the MLB had major league competition for eyeballs Sunday night in the form of the NFL's Denver Broncos-Green Bay Packers game.

So who came out on top -- MLB or NFL? Ratings will tell, but last year football beat out baseball by a couple of million viewers.

Full story: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/02/us/world-s...ls-game-5/
As a Twins fan, I get to watch my team play the Royals 19 times per year.

Game in and game out during the regular season they do exactly what you saw during the playoffs:

Grind out at-bats, put the ball in play, flash their team speed, play great defense, take advantage of mistakes, and close games out with their bullpen.

They were the most complete team in the post-season and are deserved champs.