Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thanksgiving preparation thread
C,mon Sally get out the good stuff. A good stuffing or gravy recipe would be nice. Lets go all you kooks and cooks. Queenbee needs to show the food love too. Lets have a food orgy and get sticky.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I got a ton of groceries this morning. I'll go out Wednesday and get flowers, someone else is in charge of booze but I do have plenty of wine. I'll clean and dice and chop but I won't be doing any cooking. I'll set a pretty table, arrange flowers and ply people with alcohol.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'll ask Cracker Barrel(where I'm celebrating Turkey Day today with one of my brothers) and Golden Corral on Thursday for their recipes.
If you spend so much at the grocery store you get a turkey for 6 bucks, any size. I was going to save it for Thanksgiving, but my husband insisted on cooking it on the smoker today. So if we have a big ass turkey today with all the leftovers nobody is going to want turkey again on Thursday so he just screwed up my whole fucking Thanksgiving. Thanks a lot fucker, now I don't know what I'm cooking.
Enchiladas!
Burnt toast! Its more than he deserves for being a turkey and eating turkey so close to Thanksgiving.
(11-20-2016, 12:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I got a ton of groceries this morning. I'll go out Wednesday and get flowers, someone else is in charge of booze but I do have plenty of wine. I'll clean and dice and chop but I won't be doing any cooking. I'll set a pretty table, arrange flowers and ply people with alcohol.

Get Carnations......... their edible. Wait till their plowed before you say that though.
(11-20-2016, 05:50 PM)BigMark Wrote: Enchiladas!

Well I do have some drywall repairs that need to be done at my house and I don't think Mexicans celebrate Thanksgiving so they wouldn't mind working that day. I could kill two birds with one stone. There will be a whole gang of them so I'm sure they could afford to let one go and make the enchiladas.
You could invite MWS and family.

Do any of you make sweet potato casserole? I think that's what it's called. It has marshmallows in it.
Yeah that's one of the things my wife makes that every thanksgiving, all guests love it! It's to die for!

With cinnamon, touch of s & p, tons of butter, maple syrup, and of course marshmallows.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Maybe you should post the recipe. Or someone should. Someone who has had good luck. I think I'm going to give it a shot. The Amish gave me a bunch of sweet potatoes. They are kinda small though, not humungous like I see at the market.
Well for me this year my preparations consist of flying to Dallas to surprise my family by showing up. No one here to cook for, all my nice china is packed in boxes, fryer is in storage, smoker has spiders living in it.
On the bright side I don't have to get up early, cook half the night and most of the next day or clean up
If sweet potatoes and marshmallow is so good how come its not a ben & jerry's ice cream flavor. It sound pretty tongue ugly to me.
(11-22-2016, 03:19 PM)Maggot Wrote: If sweet potatoes and marshmallow is so good how come its not a ben & jerry's ice cream flavor. It sound pretty tongue ugly to me.

I don't know either. Found dozens of links for sweet potato and marshmallow ice cream.

Like this one.
http://www.grandbaby-cakes.com/2014/11/s...ice-cream/
You can't really fuck up sweet potato casserole as long as you taste it as you go along. Bake them, peel them and put them in a mixing bowl. Add butter, a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of salt and pepper and a spoonful of maple syrup or brown sugar. A dash of vanilla extract and a splash of bourbon or apple cider or evaporated milk or all three. Add a couple of beaten eggs and pour into a buttered casserole dish. Bake for 3040 minutes and then top with pecan streusel shit or pineapple or marshmallows or whatever and bake for a few more minutes.

Pecan streusel shit sounds divine.
It does sound better than marshmallow, making it so sweet it taste like candy kinda grosses me out.
I don't like it real sweet either. I like it to taste like it goes with the dinner, not something you save until the end for dessert.
I got the stuff for making 2 Key Lime Pies, my contribution to tomorrows diabetes fest