Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thanksgiving preparation thread
hah Now THATS a fresh way to look at it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-25-2016, 06:57 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Angry, yelling cute girl. I love it.89
Left over Turkey and all the other sides for din din tonight! Yum!

(Black Saturday weather is cold, overcast, windy, and sucky today)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Yeah well I wrangled my snowblower out and put away my lawnmower. Stupid tulips are planted. I just have to put my woodstove chimney up and I'm ready to rock.
(11-26-2016, 06:52 PM)Maggot Wrote: Yeah well I wrangled my snowblower out and put away my lawnmower. Stupid tulips are planted. I just have to put my woodstove chimney up and I'm ready to rock.

Well done, you're all ready for spring. hah

(My SNOWblower is just blocked by the recycling bin, no biggie to move it, "hope I don't need it" before going South!)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I wouldn't mind seeing a little snow. I don't want to live with it for weeks but some during the holidays would be great. I love this time of year. I feel like I want to nest and putter around my home, have friends over, rather than be busy with work. I can feel the Christmas magic. I just need some goddamn snow now.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Even us Minnesotans, way up Nort, don't have any snow and there's not any in the near future either.

December arrives this week but we honestly haven't had any cold weather yet.
I briefly contemplated putting my turkey on the grill rotisserie but am getting cold drumsticks.
(11-17-2017, 10:48 PM)Maggot Wrote: I briefly contemplated putting my turkey on the grill rotisserie but am getting cold drumsticks.

It's getting really cold here. We were planning to eat Thanksgiving brunch in the backyard this year. But, if we'll be freezing our thighs off out there, stuff that!

I'm buying the turkey today and just making the basics -- stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cooked spinach with pine nuts.

I'm making a list. I hope I have some self control this year and don't overbuy. I sorta love having all the leftovers though. No cooking for an entire week. Oh happy days.

Family, friends, food & fun. What more could anyone want.
I really like Ham over Turkey. My day used to make a gigantic bowl of potato salad with crunchy celery and deviled eggs layered on top.
(11-18-2017, 01:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm making a list. I hope I have some self control this year and don't overbuy. I sorta love having all the leftovers though. No cooking for an entire week. Oh happy days.

Family, friends, food & fun. What more could anyone want.

My wife loves hosting... and cooking.

She feels the same way you do, this is her favorite time of the year.
(11-18-2017, 02:01 PM)BigMark Wrote: I really like Ham over Turkey. My day used to make a gigantic bowl of potato salad with crunchy celery and deviled eggs layered on top.

My mom makes the best deviled eggs and potato salad. I can't match hers.

I used to do a beef and diced potato enchilda fiesta with Spanish rice and cheezy refried beans for Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite meals.

But, my niece loves the traditional turkey dinner so that's what I've been cooking up for the last few years. It's good too and I enjoy cooking it anyway.
(11-18-2017, 02:11 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: She feels the same way you do, this is her favorite time of the year.

I love it. It's always been so magical to me, even the vibe in the air is different. I like the sights, the sounds and the colors, everything, I like everything about it.
My prep work begins tonight. We are doing turkey day at my Son's place this year and Pop's has volunteered to supply the whole shebang.
I really hate peeling eggs... Every year hubs begs for deviled eggs as an appetizer, and every year 12 my eggs peel like shit. It doesn't matter what I do. I'm sitting here now looking at 6 nice looking fully peeled eggs and 6 that look like shrunken heads on crack-fuck
You can't let them cool down too much. As soon as they're done drain the boiling water and fill the pot with cold water. Wait a couple of minutes and then start peeling them under cold running water.
(11-22-2017, 10:09 AM)sally Wrote: You can't let them cool down too much. As soon as they're done drain the boiling water and fill the pot with cold water. Wait a couple of minutes and then start peeling them under cold running water.

My wife is a deviled egg master.
(11-22-2017, 10:09 AM)sally Wrote: You can't let them cool down too much. As soon as they're done drain the boiling water and fill the pot with cold water. Wait a couple of minutes and then start peeling them under cold running water.

Aw shit, I thought they were supposed to be ice cold to peel properly. I've always dunked 'em in an ice bath. Going to have to remember this for next year.

(11-22-2017, 10:38 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: My wife is a deviled egg master.

I should be a deviled egg master by now, but all I am is a master of disaster with boiled eggs. They're pathetic. The only thing that saves my ass is horseradish mustard.