Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ASK SALLY ANYTHING
Rub

My

Belly
RubRubRub
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Sorry Biggie, but I just got done rubbing Pappy and I'm all rubbed out.

I looked up how to make rib rubs and they included brown sugar and sugar, which I can't have.

So I picked up some no-carb rub at the store down the street; Pappy's Choice Meat Seasoning.
Pappy you lucky bastard.
(09-02-2018, 12:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sorry Biggie, but I just got done rubbing Pappy and I'm all rubbed out.

I looked up how to make rib rubs and they included brown sugar and sugar, which I can't have.

So I picked up some no-carb rub at the store down the street; Pappy's Choice Meat Seasoning.

If I remember correctly ribs take quite a while to cook. Maybe 3-4 hrs.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Thanks Maggot.

Now that I'm the one doing the actual cooking, the barbecue is out. I suck at it.

I'm sticking Pappy's ribs in my oven at 250F in about 30 minutes so they'll be ready by 5:30pm. Luckily, there's a nice breeze today and it's not too hot in here with all the windows open.

I think I'm gonna have a Cape Cod (or two) while they bake.
(09-02-2018, 11:36 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: What's in the rub you use for ribs sal?  I have all kinds of spices and can probably throw something similar together.  

I got the roses, the cacti, and the barbecue cleaned up yesterday.  And, I got a bunch of ribs which my friend loves but aren't something I normally cook (and I can't have the barbecue sauce I bought for him).

I'm kinda bummed -- turns out my friend has to work tonight. :(   The neighbors are a fun couple and they're coming over for a bit though.  I'll serve barbecue sauce on the side for them.

Sorry I'm late to this, but you can try it next time. My ribs always come out excellent and there is no sugar in the rub. If I'm doing a lot of ribs I double the recipe.

3 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons seasoned salt (I use Lawry's)
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dry mustard
12 teaspoon chili powder.

Combine all ingredients and rub your ribs. Wrap in foil and bake at 250 about 2-3 hours. Check them around the two hour mark, you want them to be tender but not falling apart. Then throw them on a hot grill to get them nice and seared. Usually I baste one rack with BBQ sauce and one without. I'm not a big fan of BBQ sauce and would rather just have it on the side.
Thanks sal. I'll try that rub recipe next time.

I put a little olive oil on them with the dry rub and wrapped them, but I think I'll wait until 2:30 to put them in the oven now. I don't like it when they're all dried out in the center, so searing after 3 hours sounds like a better way to go than baking them for 4 hours.

My neighbors will probably be stoned when they come over and I'll probably be buzzed by then, so even if they're not the best, they'll get eaten. The only other thing I'm making is a Greek salad.
Sally, can you share your rub technique please.
Mmm...ribs. I had a half rack of St Louis ribs on Saturday. One bite and I knew they were going to be good because the meat was falling off the bone and they were so juicy and tender.
I used Pappy's rub and the spare ribs came out great! I have not cooked on the grill in a few weeks but I have some fresh Zucchini that I will probably cook with cheese and sausage balls on top this weekend. 
So that crazy fuck Pappy posted a rub recipe here and you decided to use his and not mine?

Fine by me, I hope you get the shits.
10 miles from a bathroom.
(10-02-2018, 09:54 PM)sally Wrote: So that crazy fuck Pappy posted a rub recipe here and you decided to use his and not mine?

I use your rub sally. On my balls. They make them so moist. I love it when the meat juices squirt out.
Nobody would blame you Sally if you tortured and murdered him.
(10-02-2018, 11:31 PM)BigMark Wrote: Nobody would blame you Sally if you tortured and murdered him.
Me included.
(10-02-2018, 09:54 PM)sally Wrote: So that crazy fuck Pappy posted a rub recipe here and you decided to use his and not mine?

You dope that stuff comes in a jar on the shelf, I don't have time for all that shake& bake stuff you want me to make. Maybe when I retire and have a week or so.
I can hardly wait to retire. Holy shit. To have days & days where I only have to do what I want to do. It will be Heaven.
(10-03-2018, 12:03 PM)Duchess Wrote: I can hardly wait to retire. Holy shit. To have days & days where I only have to do what I want to do. It will be Heaven.
You know what to do with yourself. I feel that way on long vacations.
Sally I know you have probably said this but whats the best way to hard boil eggs so the shells come off easy?