Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2017

Whew! 64
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Chase Daniel was just signed with the Saints. That adds about 11 million to our already huge CAP space. This may well go down in history as the best Eagles off season.

MS, I just saw the AP signed with the Saints. Will you miss him?
(04-25-2017, 11:09 AM)Duchess Wrote:

MS, I just saw the AP signed with the Saints. Will you miss him?

Here's the best part:

New Orleans @ Minnesota on Monday Night Football to open the season.

Tell me the NFL didn't know this was going to happen.
(04-25-2017, 02:24 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Here's the best part:

New Orleans @ Minnesota on Monday Night Football to open the season.

Tell me the NFL didn't know this was going to happen.

Wooo. That's pretty cool & pretty fucked up at the same time. It makes for some excitement, huh, and what more can we ask for.

I want to win a lot this season. I yearn to go into the playoffs. I want it so bad I'd kiss an ass in the middle of the DC Beltway. That's a lot of want.
I feel pretty subdued going into this season.

As a Minnesota sports fan it's pretty tough to not get down.

Front office hasn't done A THING to address our OL needs.

Feels like it'll be more of the same: mediocrity.

MS, are you familiar with defensive end Derek Barnett? If so, tell me everything you know, doll.
Not familiar with him at all.

Sorry.
(04-28-2017, 05:04 AM)Duchess Wrote:

MS, are you familiar with defensive end Derek Barnett? If so, tell me everything you know, doll.
He's a BEAST. He broke Reggie White's records at Tennessee. Outstanding pick. We had a good draft. Put some depth into the secondary. I personally wanted to see at least one OL guy, but overall it was a good draft for us.
(05-01-2017, 11:39 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: He's a BEAST. He broke Reggie White's records at Tennessee. Outstanding pick. We had a good draft. Put some depth into the secondary. I personally wanted to see at least one OL guy, but overall it was a good draft for us.

So good to read, honey! I'm feeling really positive about this season.

Did you have a nice time with your baby doll?
(05-01-2017, 11:45 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 11:39 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: He's a BEAST. He broke Reggie White's records at Tennessee. Outstanding pick. We had a good draft. Put some depth into the secondary. I personally wanted to see at least one OL guy, but overall it was a good draft for us.

So good to read, honey! I'm feeling really positive about this season.

Did you have a nice time with your baby doll?
I did, thanks for asking.

We just picked up Corey Clement as an undrafted free agent.
(05-16-2017, 02:16 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: We just picked up Corey Clement as an undrafted free agent.

If it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have a clue about what's going on right now, so thanks for that. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(05-16-2017, 05:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 02:16 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: We just picked up Corey Clement as an undrafted free agent.

If it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have a clue about what's going on right now, so thanks for that. Smiley_emoticons_smile
This is huge. He could and likely will start this season and we got him for almost nothing. He reminds me a lot of Sproles. We also picked up Greg Ward a QB out of Houston, but he will likely fit better as a WR in the NFL.
(05-16-2017, 06:47 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: He reminds me a lot of Sproles.

Woooo. Rocket Man. *applauds*
We signed Lagarrette Blount to a 1 year deal.
Colin Kaepernick is a hot potato now. Gee, I wonder why?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-08-2017, 12:56 PM)Maggot Wrote: Colin Kaepernick is a hot potato now. Gee, I wonder why?
Shannon Sharpe made a good point about this whole thing and while I agree with you that what he did was unforgivable, nobody said a word when LeBron did it. LeBron's agent played it off a lot better than Kaep's agent did, but the both knelt during the anthem and while you and I can assume they both did it for the same reason, LeBron deny's doing it for BLM while Kaep freely admitted it's why he did it. Bottom line though, Kaep's stats don't support taking a chance on him. He can scramble and keep the play alive, which is a very attractive attribute for a back up, which is where I think his career is headed if he even takes another snap under center at all.
(06-12-2017, 09:18 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I agree with you that what he did was unforgivable

Both of you find him taking a knee unforgivable?
(06-12-2017, 11:13 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-12-2017, 09:18 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I agree with you that what he did was unforgivable

Both of you find him taking a knee unforgivable?
I do. There are other ways to show your devotion to your cause without disrespecting this country or the men and women who have died for it. Kaep was making 16 million dollars a year at the time. He certainly enjoyed the perks of being an American citizen who played football in the NFL when it suited him to, but quickly turned his back on it to show his commitment to BLM (by kneeling during the anthem). That man was raised in white suburbia and took full advantage of his parents money and all of the opportunities that money gave him, because it suited him to do so. I don't remember hearing about him pouring any of his money into the BLM cause. Maybe i'd be more sympathetic and understanding to his commitment to BLM if he did?