Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2017
This has been an odd season for us Viking fans in Minny.

The success this year is very unexpected considering our starting QB and RB were lost in the first 4 weeks.

A journeyman 3rd string QB plugged in along with a RB tandem of Jerrick McKinnon and Latavius Murray doesn’t exactly strike fear into opponents.

So, what’s transpired?

A defense as good as advertised, and an offense that is doing enough to win games.

The emergence of the OL, Keenum and Adam Thielen @ WR has done enough to take pressure off of the D and everything is running smoothly.

The fan base really doesn’t know what to do

In 1998 and 2009 everyone talked Super Bowl because we felt our team was the clear cut best around.

Those seasons ended in heartbreak.

So, here’s what I’m hoping transpires this season:

Low expectations and the fear of a demoralizing defeat have kept emotions in check, so this time, we’re going to end up going all the way, because we don’t believe it can actually happen and because we haven’t allowed ourselves to become emotionally invested.

I have similar feelings. I never expected any of this. I surely didn't see us ending the season with the best record in the NFL. We were more than halfway through the season before I felt like I could even open my heart again. Heartbreak will do that to you. I'm just trying to feel at peace with what they've given me. I go into every season with one wish, beat those filthyNewYorkGiants and I'm okay with whatever comes after.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
^ mission accomplished.

You got the Giants twice and we beat the Pack twice, plus ruined their season by knocking Rodgers out.

I only have to win 2 games at home in order to go to the Super Bowl. Two games. At home! Man. The feels.
(12-29-2017, 08:20 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: we beat the Pack twice, plus ruined their season by knocking Rodgers out.

You feel about them the way I feel about those filthyNewYorkGiants?
(12-30-2017, 12:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 08:20 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: we beat the Pack twice, plus ruined their season by knocking Rodgers out.

You feel about them the way I feel about those filthyNewYorkGiants?

And same way I feel about them DirtyDallasCowboys.
(12-30-2017, 04:55 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: And same way I feel about them DirtyDallasCowboys.

Heh. You get it. All one word. Cheers
Pats 213 halftime against Jets. The worst part about this is waiting for my wings to cool off. These things are HOT!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
16-7 Vikes at the Half.

Bears with 53 yards of offense and a punt return for a touchdown.

Bears with 1 first down in the 1st half.
But.........It's the "Bears" how they have fallen.
Eagles/Cowboys scoreless in the 3rd. Secret
Beats offense just crossed midfield for the first time all game and we’re now in the 4th quarter.

23-7 Minny.

One of my coaches is interviewing for the head coach position with those filthyNewYorkGiants! There oughtta be a law against this kind of bullshit! [Image: 1hissyfit.gif]
Yep. Chicago and Detroit have asked for permission to interview our Offensive Coordinator for their Head coaching positions.
(01-02-2018, 11:31 AM)Duchess Wrote:

One of my coaches is interviewing for the head coach position with those filthyNewYorkGiants! There oughtta be a law against this kind of bullshit! [Image: 1hissyfit.gif]
I'd be surprised if they don't go with Del Rio. 3 of Scheckter's sources are down playing Schwartz.
Going to make my Playoff Predictions and I don’t want anyone to get too riled up over what they read.

AFC Wildcard:
Buffalo 19, JACKSONVILLE 13

The Bills qualified for the post-season because Andy Dalton threw a 52 yard TD on 4th and 12 in Baltimore with time expiring, knocking the Ravens out and sending Buffalo to their first post-season appearance since 1999 when they lost in to the Titans in the Music City Miracle. So, with a negative point differential for the season, the Bills take advantage of Blake Bortles and win!

KANSAS CITY 24, Tennessee 23.

KC has come to life after a mid-season swoon. Tennessee played ugly at the end of the season, but I see this being TENN’s game until something dramatic late gives the Chiefs the win.

NFC Wildcard:
LA RAMS 34, Atlanta 20

For whatever reason, the Falcons have just not looked that good offensively for the last 4 weeks or so. They’ll need to score in this one to keep up with Todd Gurley & Co. There’ll be no playoff jitters for Jared Goff and Sean McVay as they roll.

Carolina 27, NEW ORLEANS 24

Everyone’s darling Drew Brees throws a late pick to seal the Saints’ fate. New Orleans has already beaten Carolina twice this year, but doing it a 3rd time is hard to do. Cam and the Panthers find some offense (Newton and Stewart running). Defensively, they do just enough to pull out a nice road victory.

AFC Divisional:

NEW ENGLAND 33, Buffalo 16

This becomes like another bye week for the Pats as they steamroll an overmatched Bills squad playing with house money.

Kansas City 23, PITTSBURGH 21

What’s going on with the Steelers? Antonio is not 100% and turnovers do them in. Alex Smith leads a 2nd 4th quarter game winning drive to propel them to the Championship game.

NFC Divisional:

Carolina 23, PHILADELPHIA 19

The Panthers continue their mistake-free football and take out the Eagles. Foles actually plays decently until a late pick in crunch time seals Philly’s fate.

MINNESOTA 27, L.A. Rams 17

Shaking off early jitters (and another early Rams TD), Minny shows off their offensive prowess and limits Todd Gurley to less than 60 yards rushing. Murray runs for a TD, and the D sets up another score with a strip-sack of Goff.

AFC Championship:
Kansas City 30, NEW ENGLAND 27

I mean, why not? KC won there Week 1 and NE hasn’t played anyone good since their miracle win over Pitt more than a month ago. If anyone knows NE’s weaknesses, it’s Andy Reid. The Chiefs take care of the ball and kick the GW FG late.

NFC Champiionship:
MINNESOTA 29, Carolina 14

After losing to the Panthers in Charlotte the Vikes get Cam in their backyard and it’s a different story. The defense is flying to the ball and creates 3 Panthers turnovers.

SUPER BOWL LII:
Minnesota 26, Kansas City 10

Enough said.

Total dominance!
(01-04-2018, 05:18 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I don’t want anyone to get too riled up over what they read.

hah You talkin' to me?

I'm fine. I'm realistic.
I'm pleasantly cautious and silently ignoring any predictions from the planet of Orb. No matter how hung the inhabitant's are. Twat
(01-04-2018, 06:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 05:18 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I don’t want anyone to get too riled up over what they read.

hah You talkin' to me?

I'm fine. I'm realistic.

I was really speaking of Maggs, as his guys are odds on favorites to repeat.
That may be true but we are the ones to beat. Go get-um Tigers! The competition is good.