WHAT PETS HAVE YOU HAD?

Did you grow up in a home with pets? Did your home then, or now, have a pet cemetery?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I haven't "HAD" any animals thank you very much you sick sick perverted freak!!!
THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING
(03-13-2017, 07:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Did you grow up in a home with pets? Did your home then, or now, have a pet cemetery?

Our family had a golden retriever, then three cats and then another three cats. My brother (tattoo artist) had a couple ferrets, I think he had a couple cats, and he has some chickens now. I had a pet rat. I'd like to get myself a dog and/or cat someday, but all the apartments I've lived in over the last few years haven't allowed pets.

Someone recently tried to talk me into getting chickens. I'd only be setting myself up for heartache. I'd fall in love and then a fox would eat them.
I was thinking about chickens too. For eggs not meat.
(03-14-2017, 12:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Someone recently tried to talk me into getting chickens. I'd only be setting myself up for heartache. I'd fall in love and then a fox would eat them.
That's why you put them in a coup at night. My GF has chickens and a duck. The duck is adorable. She likes to sit on mom-ma's lap and snuggle. The chicken's names are "Chicken" and "Not Duck." The duck's name is "Duck." The chickens are surprisingly obedient and the Duck follows her everywhere. The eggs are to die for. If you've never had fresh eggs you don't know what you're missing.

Yes, I've had many pets. My daughter wanted to take Loki with her when she moved out, so I let her. I am currently pet-less, and we've never had a pet cemetery.
(03-14-2017, 04:15 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 12:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That's why you put them in a coup at night. My GF has chickens and a duck. The duck is adorable. She likes to sit on mom-ma's lap and snuggle. The chicken's names are "Chicken" and "Not Duck." The duck's name is "Duck." The chickens are surprisingly obedient and the Duck follows her everywhere. The eggs are to die for. If you've never had fresh eggs you don't know what you're missing.

Yeah I miss fresh eggs. My old rural hometown of Hoosick Falls used to have an egg man that would deliver farm fresh eggs every week or so.
(03-14-2017, 04:15 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: That's why you put them in a coup at night. My GF has chickens and a duck. The duck is adorable. She likes to sit on mom-ma's lap and snuggle. The chicken's names are "Chicken" and "Not Duck." The duck's name is "Duck." The chickens are surprisingly obedient and the Duck follows her everywhere. The eggs are to die for. If you've never had fresh eggs you don't know what you're missing.

I would love that! Ahaha, cuddling with a chicken. My friend was telling me that there are beautiful chickens, not just your basic white or brown barnyard bird, some even lay colored eggs. I think that's so fricken cool.

I frequently have fresh eggs, I get them from the Amish. Have you ever noticed how much harder the shell is?
(03-14-2017, 04:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 04:15 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: That's why you put them in a coup at night. My GF has chickens and a duck. The duck is adorable. She likes to sit on mom-ma's lap and snuggle. The chicken's names are "Chicken" and "Not Duck." The duck's name is "Duck." The chickens are surprisingly obedient and the Duck follows her everywhere. The eggs are to die for. If you've never had fresh eggs you don't know what you're missing.

I would love that! Ahaha, cuddling with a chicken. My friend was telling me that there are beautiful chickens, not just your basic white or brown barnyard bird, some even lay colored eggs. I think that's so fricken cool.

I frequently have fresh eggs, I get them from the Amish. Have you ever noticed how much harder the shell is?
Yes they are much heartier all around. And yeah, she has a Rhode Island red (Chicken) and a colored egg layer (Not Duck) as well. Chicken is kind of a bitch, but Duck and Not Duck think they're related and are both very sweet birds.

Have any of you been to an SPCA or other shelter? I did and I cried when I left. 78

Sad things involving animals bother me more than most things in life. I've seen devastating flooding where people have lost a lifetime of their work and I think how tragic and truly awful it is and then I see a dog cowering on a nearly submerged roof and I wail OH MY GODS SAVE THE DOG. WAH. I can't even read or watch stories of animal abuse and when I inadvertently do I am really pissed.
(03-28-2017, 05:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Have any of you been to an SPCA or other shelter? I did and I cried when I left. 78

Sad things involving animals bother me more than most things in life. I've seen devastating flooding where people have lost a lifetime of their work and I think how tragic and truly awful it is and then I see a dog cowering on a nearly submerged roof and I wail OH MY GODS SAVE THE DOG. WAH. I can't even read or watch stories of animal abuse and when I inadvertently do I am really pissed.

Never been to an SPCA or other shelter. I love animals too much and would probably end up bringing the whole shelter home with me,
I hate the SPCA. If I catch a stray I take it to another area and let it go. Gave the SPCA a cat once and they killed the poor thing.

No pet cemetary, we ate most of the dead ones.
Just kidding.
I have had the usual pets: Cats, Dogs, Fish, Parrot

And then there were the farm animals:
Goats, Cow, Pigs, Chickens, geese, rabbits

Only one of the chickens was a pet. That chicken got picked on by the others and I adopted it when I was 6 or 7 and my folks let me bring it inside when we were watching TV in the evenings.

After my last cat of 21 years passed away I became a housesitter/pet sitter to get my animal fix. One summer I had so many jobs I was rarely home, it was kind of fun.

There are only 3 pets where I live, 1 old dog and 2 cats. I got to watch the dog for 3 weeks recently. Otherwise I will wait for the snow to melt and watch the deer all spring.
Had dogs growing up. Lately just critters. My current pet cemetary includes a guinea pig, a chinchilla and two rats.