Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opah!!!
Not the Greek exclamation, but the fish. Have you ever had it? I tried it recently for the first time and hands down it's my favorite fish to eat. If you haven't tried it yet, do it. Thank me later.
Isn't that a big Kibby? Or sunfish? The ones that always steal my worm and swallow the hook? 45
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-14-2017, 04:01 PM)Maggot Wrote: Isn't that a big Kibby? Or sunfish? The ones that always steal my worm and swallow the hook? 45
Yeah, they kinda look like a sunfish (only smaller, the ones I've seen are only about half the size of your average man), but they don't taste like a sun fish. If you can find some, grill it with a little kosher salt and black pepper. Outstanding flavor and texture.
I've never heard of it. I go to the local fish market here all the time so I'll ask about it the next time I'm there.

Another fish that is surprisingly good is lion fish. It's white and mild and makes a good fried fish sandwich or fish tacos. Amberjack is another fish I tried recently that is really good, but unfortunately they're high on the list of mercury.
(06-14-2017, 05:39 PM)sally Wrote: I've never heard of it. I go to the local fish market here all the time so I'll ask about it the next time I'm there.

Another fish that is surprisingly good is lion fish. It's white and mild and makes a good fried fish sandwich or fish tacos. Amberjack is another fish I tried recently that is really good, but unfortunately they're high on the list of mercury.
I believe Opah comes from the pacific. When you get it, make sure there's a lot of red on the steaks you get. That's how I was taught to pick it. Enjoy.
Thought the title of thread was OPRAH. Briefly thought if people here are going to start to talk about HER< I am leaving again.
(06-14-2017, 11:09 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Thought the title of thread was OPRAH. Briefly thought if people here are going to start to talk about HER< I am leaving again.
Uhhh... No. Maybe put the spectacles on first? Blowing-kisses
(06-14-2017, 11:09 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Thought the title of thread was OPRAH. Briefly thought if people here are going to start to talk about HER< I am leaving again.

Reminds me of the picture of Oprah one my bosses used to have on their desk with the caption "And you get a title....and you get a title...."