Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MARIAH WOODS, 3 YS OLD, MISSING -- NC
[Image: _98973402_caaptasdf33ure.jpg]

The FBI and local Marine Corps has joined a search for a missing three-year-old girl from Jacksonville who was last seen Sunday night.

Kristy Woods says the last time she saw her daughter Mariah was at 11pm on Sunday night, when she put the girl to bed.

She says her live-in boyfriend saw the girl about an hour later, when she came out of her room and he told her to go back to bed.
[Image: 46C3A32F00000578-5124713-image-m-11_1511875607446.jpg]
"Please, bring her back," said Kristy Woods ^ at a press conference in Jacksonville, North Carolina. "She's my baby, she's my everything. Just to be able to touch her and hold her and not let her go again".

"I'd give anything," Ms Woods said through tears. She said Mariah has "walking difficulties" and that she was meant to be with her since Mariah was conceived after she'd had her tubes tied.

Family friends have told local media there was no sign of a break-in at the mobile home and that Mariah's two older brothers were at home at the time of her disappearance.

Police have checked with the girl's biological father, and confirmed he does not have her.

The sheriff's office has announced a reward of $2,500 for information leading to her safe return.

Refs:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42146201
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...olina.html
------------------------------------------

I'd like to know more about mom's live-in boyfriend and their relationship. Really hoping this one turns out better than the other reports of children going missing from their homes in the night.

I'm immediately suspicious of the boyfriend.

I don't like to be so cynical :(
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
There's nothing else to go on. I'd like to think with more info it'd help rule him out. But....we've seen this shit so many times before that I suspect the same thing. Not that it makes a huge difference but I wonder how long he'd been around.

Also wanna know how old the brothers are, how they feel about this guy and what the bio-father knows/thinks of him.

What an adorable little angel. The world is so very cruel! Signs_173
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

The Live-in Boyfriend

This is the live-in boyfriend, Earl Kimrey, who is reportedly the last to see Mariah before she disappeared.

[Image: 46C41CFD00000578-5124713-image-a-87_1511895429388.jpg]

Kimrey has been in a relationship with Mariah's mom Kristy Woods since 2015.

Mariah's mom claims Mariah got out of bed at midnight and Kimrey told her to go back to her room, and that Mariah was missing when she checked on her at 6 am the next morning.
Possible Sighting/Lead

I don't know why there is no description of what Mariah was wearing when she was reportedly abducted. That would be very important to release to the public.

[Image: 46CD964800000578-5128661-image-a-1_1511960251109.jpg]

LE got a tip about a small blonde girl in a Walmart with a brunette woman a few hours after Mariah was reportedly found missing from her bed and have released surveillance shots, posted above, from inside the store.

LE is asking for the public's help in identifying the woman and child in the Walmart about 100 miles east of Mariah's home.
Bio-Dad

[Image: 46CDA4F300000578-5128661-image-m-14_1511961119907.jpg]

Yesterday, Mariah's father Alex Woods told reporters that he first learned his daughter was missing when the Amber Alert was issued on Monday. Alex Woods is pictured above with his girlfriend.

He said the last time he had seen Mariah and her two brothers was about a year ago, when he got custody for a month while Child Protective Services investigated an incident. He said he's not convinced that Mariah was abducted.

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...child.html
Unsurprisingly, LE has now confirmed that the little girl in the Walmart (post #7) is not Mariah.

The search for Mariah is now in its third day.

Today, the search is taking place around Mariah's home, with one investigator even crawling underneath the house for evidence.

A large group of NCIS Marines from nearby Camp Lejeune was also brought in to aid in the search with investigators focused on a body of water and an abandoned home near where Mariah disappeared.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ariah.html
So sad :(
Search has entered day 4 and no new news to report.
I'm unsure about the mother yet, but I agree with Duchess, always suspicious of the bf in these situations
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Jezreel! So nice to see you in Mock!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's really good to see you Jezreel, and Koko too. I'm in the same place as both of you and Duchess with this sad case.

I highly doubt that Mariah wandered off or was abducted. I hope she's found alive, but instead suspect she died in the house due to neglect or violence. :(

All the signs point in that direction, in my opinion. No signs of forced entry + custodial abduction positively ruled out + mom's previous loss of custody to a CPS complaint + live-in boyfriend reportedly last to see Mariah at midnight...
Thank you Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
It's been far too long I've been away

(11-30-2017, 12:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Jezreel! So nice to see you in Mock!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Thanks HOTD Smiley_emoticons_smile

I don't believe she wandered away either, apparently she wore a brace to help her walk and she couldn't get around easy.

I'm thinking the bf got mad when she woke up in the middle of the night and did something .

It's sad that even with K9's they can't find her.

I wonder if there is surveillance anywhere around that maybe shows the bf driving in the. Idle of the night

This doesn't surprise me, I hope the neighbor saw correctly and it can be verified - According to this article, a neighbour saw the bf leaving around 3am carrying something 'limp'
Also in the article the father stated the bf beat the oldest son with a belt and the mother covered it up.

We know there is no good news ahead in all honestly, I really hope the mother hasn't helped cover this up and chose a bf over a beautiful little girl

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/11/30/ex...r-witness/

The mother reminds me so much of Susan Smith.

If it comes to pass where the "mother" is involved it this tragedy, I sincerely hope she's not, but if she is,
she should be hung up by her thumbs, until she dies!

(It's sad, in today's world, "parents" some times have proved to be involved in their own child's deaths)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(11-30-2017, 05:18 PM)Jezreel Wrote: This doesn't surprise me, I hope the neighbor saw correctly and it can be verified - According to this article, a neighbour saw the bf leaving around 3am carrying something 'limp'
Also in the article the father stated the bf beat the oldest son with a belt and the mother covered it up.

We know there is no good news ahead in all honestly, I really hope the mother hasn't helped cover this up and chose a bf over a beautiful little girl.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/11/30/ex...r-witness/
The more we learn, the less hopeful I am that Mariah is still alive. This sounds like so many of the other stories of children going missing from a full house at night...........everything points back to someone(s) in the house permanently disappearing the beautiful little girl. :(

(11-30-2017, 09:07 PM)Tammy75 Wrote: The mother reminds me so much of Susan Smith.
I hadn't noticed that until you posted, Tammy. I really hope Kristy's tears aren't the crocodile variety. But, after reading the article Jezreel posted, it seems increasingly possible that mom chose her boyfriend over her daughter and that mom may be involved (or, at the very least, knows much more than she's telling).
The Susan Smith case was very local. It was also one of the first criminal cases I followed. She gave me the jeepers the first time I saw her on TV.
Yep it was the *boyfriend*.