Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
(04-20-2019, 10:37 AM)pyropappy Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 10:11 AM)Fry Guy Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 09:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 09:36 AM)pyropappy Wrote: you should stop smoking that wacky tobacco, you are getting truly delusional. this story is just getting started and Trump is going to drive this one.

Pappy, here's the thing for me that I can't get past, some of you have what you believe are legitimate complaints about the Democratic party. I completely understand favoring one party over another, what I don't ever understand is the support & defense of someone/s who has done so much worse than the person/party y'all denigrate. How am I suppose to take your arguments seriously in the face of that? Serious question, how?

You have the amazing audacity to call me delusional when most of what I post about are established, proven facts. Bitch, please. I'm not the one viewing all this through rose colored glasses and plain ol' ignorance.

Except they are not at all established facts are they? I mean every reply pretty much to your "claims" I shoot hols big enough for a semitrailer to roll through. Established fact is not opinion or even something that anonymous sources said.

Stop being so ignorant and using Democrat talking point uncritically. You look silly when you do. When you are countered you do not have answers other than "You are wrong" or "that's a conspiracy theory" or some laughing emoticon. Why do you not know how to counter? I will tell you why, you have not thought any of these talking points through. You have gobbled it up and regurgitate it and when questioned you have no fallback. You have not thought it through. You have not considered alternative points of view. You have not considered whether it could be lies, misrepresentation, bias, generalisation, miscommunication or someone just being uncharitable. So when you are questioned you have no fallback.

you can lead a horse to water... eh mate.

Just between you me and the rest of the forum, I think HoTD is a lost cause. Her Progressive ideology is only transcended by her condescension and smug righteousness and faux moral grandstanding. Rootilda I think is a little stupid and batty. Duchess I do not think actually believes any of this shit really. I don't think Duchess is stupid. I think the reason she spews this is because it is anti-Trump. She gets the talking points and parrots them. She does not think on them but she is comforted by them and it is like poking her tongue out at Trump. Not a critical reasoning exercise or a want to be honest or discover a truth or to be logical.

I don't think she serves herself well and I think it is a little bit silly claiming things that are so blatantly stupid. I think she deserves better from herself. Positions she can defend. Premises she has thought through. Hell, I do not think she has to love Trump or praise him fro on high but there is not thought process. Her "opinion" is not hers and no different than what the talking heads on every Progressive media outlet have spewed. It is disappointing.
Oh good Lord, Pappy.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[Image: Pointers-600-LI-594x425.jpg]

the three stooges
Roll on July
[Image: 60946720_10219053921245254_9092375521441...e=5D66BC29]
[Image: 60761881_2543165642362171_51957399593775...e=5D666304]
I have no doubt that pressure on Pelosi will mount to the stage that she will be forced to concede her non-impeachment stance. It may take a couple of months or so. They will vote in the House it will be a Yes vote. They will take it to the Senate. It will die.

In addition the requests for tax returns has been appealed to Circuit Courts. It will fail there and be upheld. It will then go to the Supreme Court and be quashed.

They will be a year in with no accomplishments and a whole heap of fail. No boost in confidence in the upcoming 2020 Presidential, House or Senate races. They will simply have nothing to show.

Worse still.

The Republicans will win, win, win and have vindication, indignance and confidence to power then through to the elections.

The IG report in June and other investigations related to this will send the weary cockroaches scrambling. These revelations will set Trump up nicely for 2020

Trump should turn on the pressure. Big League.

Anyone who has paid attention and still does not get it is a bit beyond critique. There was never a bigger Russia set up in the Republican/Trump ranks. It was always a set up of the Trump people and an anti-Trump contingent too used to doing whatever they wanted without repercussions and with a certainty that they would get Hillary in office to sweep the evidence of crimes under the rug and that they were on the right side of history breaking whatever rule stopped them from inflicting damage on Trump. It was all justified BECAUSE he was Trump - morals, laws and such had no place in the discussion.

Then after they did what they did and surprisingly did not win and have Hillary throned, they were vulnerable and went on the offense smearing and trying to lie, misdirect and hide evidence themselves.

It did not quite work. It would have worked with most people but not Trump. He kept coming. He had some unlikely help. They kicked the can about as far as they can. The last vestiges of protection and cover are going to be blown away and they will be exposed and at his mercy.

They will still have a lot of support and he will not get all of them. He will claim enough scalps though. Enough will give up all dignity and loyalty and turn on their friends and colleagues. Brennan will turn on Comey. Comey will turn on Lynch, McCabe will turn on Comey. Hillary will throw all and everyone under the bus. Some will be offered the choice to resign instead of having their dirty laundry shown, some will slink off and be very quiet and the bluster and BS will dry up.

The confidence in the Dems will be rock bottom and the confidence in Trump will rise. They will lose House majority and The Senate majority will increase. Trump will romp into his second term. He will appoint at least 1 more Supreme Court Justice and a lot of Circuit Court appointments will change the Political leanings of the courts for years to come
(05-24-2019, 10:56 AM)Duchess Wrote: 28

Which bit do you not get?
Well, it was good to hear directly from Robert Mueller today.

He made a public statement which is largely what I'd have expected from a top professional in the US justice system.

Key takeaways (from my perspective):

1.  Mueller would like the 400 page document detailing the investigation to be his final words on the matter, though he would testify before Congress if summoned or subpoened to do so.  He has retired from the Department of Justice to return to private life.

2.  If Mueller does testify before Congress, he will not get into details beyond those contained in the official report.

3.  The investigation found substantial evidence of Russian government interference in the U.S. 2016 Presidential election, which is something all Americans should take seriously.   Indictments were handed down accordingly, though all defendants are innocent til proven guilty.

4.  The investigation did not attempt to make a case of Obstruction of Justice against Donald Trump because, as employees of the Department of Justice, Mueller and his team were prohibited by policy from doing so when the subject is a sitting President.  Instead, the Mueller team documented the evidence gathered and new Attorney General Barr, along with Deputy AG Rosenstein, chose not to bring any charges.
Here's the video of Mueller's public statement:

And, here's the transcript:  
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/2...pt-1346453
The president is not above the law, but neither is he below the law. Trump should not have to "prove" his innocence. Meullar is just sick of the entire monkey house wars as are most Americans. I am more interested in the beginning of the investigation and how it turned into such a smear show. The original reason why it started, when and by whom.   

..................The investigation continues.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-30-2019, 08:48 AM)Maggot Wrote: The president is not above the law, but neither is he below the law. Trump should not have to "prove" his innocence. Meullar is just sick of the entire monkey house wars as are most Americans. I am more interested in the beginning of the investigation and how it turned into such a smear show. The original reason why it started, when and by whom.   

You will start getting findings this coming month.
The Dems need to put up and shut up. Try impeaching Trump. It will get overruled in the Senate and that narrative dies too.
How much ACTUAL success will they have to show for their 2 years in the House come 2020? You reckon they will hold leadership in the House or Win it in the Senate?
They are all screwed
(05-30-2019, 08:48 AM)Maggot Wrote: The president is not above the law, but neither is he below the law. Trump should not have to "prove" his innocence. Meullar is just sick of the entire monkey house wars as are most Americans. I am more interested in the beginning of the investigation and how it turned into such a smear show. The original reason why it started, when and by whom.   

Yeah, I don't see it quite like you do.

Mueller did what he was assigned to do and able to do within Department of Justice guidelines.  So, he's done and returning to private life.   It's in the hands of Congress now. 

It's clear (and unsurprising) to me that Mueller is not the fraud or hack or disparaging names that you and others claimed he was..... nor was he hellbent on levying allegations of crimes against Trump at all costs, like you and others claimed during the course of the investigation.    

Mueller's report indicates that there was significant communications between Russian interference operators and the Trump campaign during Russia's attempts to sway the election in favor of Trump and against Clinton.  However, Mueller and team did not find sufficient evidence to indicate that there was intent to conspire on the part of the Trump camp.

And, Mueller hasn't said how he feels about commentary on the investigation (aside from taking exception with his friend AG Barr's initial claim that Trump was  exonerated of obstructing justice by Mueller's team, which is false)...... so I don't presume to know what's in Mueller's mind and in his heart and don't put much stock in your claims that you do know.

I'm interested in the case against Roger Stone, which is set for trial on November 5th.  However, I'm more interested in hearing about what our government is doing to prevent/minimize future election interference in U.S. elections by foreign operatives (whether that be via misinformation campaigns, stealing and releasing candidate/party data, or planting spies to garner illegal influence).  

I've already heard many times from several officials what prompted the Mueller investigation in the first place.  I'm not interested in partisan rehashing of it, but don't care one way or the other about an 'investigation of the investigation.'  Like with Mueller's investigation, I'll wait to see what the verified evidence turns up or doesn't turn up.
(05-30-2019, 01:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Yeah, I don't see it quite like you do.

Mueller did what he was assigned to do and able to do within Department of Justice guidelines.  So, he's done and returning to private life.   It's in the hands of Congress now. 

It's clear (and unsurprising) to me that Mueller is not the fraud or hack or disparaging names that you and others claimed he was..... nor was he hellbent on levying allegations of crimes against Trump at all costs, like you and others claimed during the course of the investigation.    

Mueller's report indicates that there was significant communications between Russian interference operators and the Trump campaign during Russia's attempts to sway the election in favor of Trump and against Clinton.  However, Mueller and team did not find sufficient evidence to indicate that there was intent to conspire on the part of the Trump camp.

And, Mueller hasn't said how he feels about commentary on the investigation (aside from taking exception with his friend AG Barr's initial claim that Trump was  exonerated of obstructing justice by Mueller's team, which is false)...... so I don't presume to know what's in Mueller's mind and in his heart and don't put much stock in your claims that you do know.

I'm interested in the case against Roger Stone, which is set for trial on November 5th.  However, I'm more interested in hearing about what our government is doing to prevent/minimize future election interference in U.S. elections by foreign operatives (whether that be via misinformation campaigns, stealing and releasing candidate/party data, or planting spies to garner illegal influence).  

I've already heard many times from several officials what prompted the Mueller investigation in the first place.  I'm not interested in partisan rehashing of it, but don't care one way or the other about an 'investigation of the investigation.'  Like with Mueller's investigation, I'll wait to see what the verified evidence turns up or doesn't turn up.

1. I don't see Trump and Russians having significant communications, i see more Clinton/ Russian communication though.

2. Of course you're not interested in finding out who gave the green light to spy on Trump or how and why the entire story started. That is also part of the investigation. Most Americans want to know what Trump did. Besides becoming President.

Like Mueller's investigation I too want to see the verified evidence. ...................The investigation continues.
Holy shit, Maggot! hah
I know I know I still remember when the Clinton/DNC put out the story that they paid for I think it was 168,000.00 about the Trump prostitute pissing on the bed thing and how they paid the Russians through easily verifiable channels to find dirt on Trump, when Trump was only trying to build a hotel in Russia and dealing with them on his business side. Yup I want to know how all this started. And by who and I want it plastered in as many media outlets as possible.  

I'm not asking for much am I?  Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Robert Mueller is set to testify before Congress on July 17th.

Mueller, who remained intensely quiet throughout his two-year investigation despite constant attacks from Trump, detailed an elaborate plot by Russia to interfere in the election in his exhaustive report.

Mueller also laid out dozens of contacts between the Trump campaign and Kremlin-linked figures; however, he said the investigation found insufficient evidence to charge members or associates of the campaign with conspiring with Russia to interfere in the election.

Many Democrats are eager to question Mueller publicly about the various episodes he examined as potentially obstructive efforts by Trump. According to his previous statement, Mueller will not likely say much more than what is laid out in his report, however. 

House Dems are also looking to get to get previous deputies from Mueller's Russian interference team to testify before the Congress.

Story:  https://thehill.com/homenews/house/45035...ttees-next
That would explain why trump is losing his shit again today. Hehehe. He knows the power of sound bites.  Smiley_emoticons_smile
They really got him this time!!  Beat_deadhorse