Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
There's a Starman waiting in the sky
Elon Musk launched a convertible into space this is the live feed........

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I watched it launch the other day and the coolest part was seeing the rockets return landing.

That car & mannequin are quite a sight, huh.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
"...Space may be the final frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement..."
I watched it too and it gave me chills to see what those guys have been able to accomplish. The image of that car out there with the earth in the background is Priceless advertising for Musk/Tessla/SpaceX..
Was a drag to hear that the 1st stage didn't make its landing on the drone ship due to a fuel shortage, so close...
Fortunately it seems none of those cores were due to be reused.
The whole thing was some serious Johnny Space Rocket Shit though
(02-12-2018, 12:41 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I watched it too and it gave me chills to see what those guys have been able to accomplish. The image of that car out there with the earth in the background is Priceless advertising for Musk/Tessla/SpaceX..
Was a drag to hear that the 1st stage didn't make its landing on the drone ship due to a fuel shortage, so close...
Fortunately it seems none of those cores were due to be reused.
The whole thing was some serious Johnny Space Rocket Shit though
If Elon Musk ran for president, he's get my vote.
Yea, got to say he is another one that apparently knows how to run a business but I don't know if he sees running a country in the same light.
I want to see that car driving around on the moons surface doing donuts.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Next destination is a hard left around the far side of Mars doing about mock 87
(02-13-2018, 09:54 PM)Maggot Wrote: I want to see that car driving around on the moons surface doing donuts.

Me too.......especially on the dark side of the moon where the donuts are all deep chocolate. ')

Seriously, Musk did pull off a very cool feat.

I think the technological innovations and implementations across industries over the next 5 years will have a huge impact for generations to come.

In the last couple of months, I've read about a robot news anchor on the air, auto manufacturers getting closer to marketing and transitioning to driverless cars, sex clubs where robotic female dolls are employed, bedside hospital robotic caregivers (which is actually pretty great) for the elderly in Japan where there's a severe shortage of care providers...

Wild times.
(02-13-2018, 06:49 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Yea, got to say he is another one that apparently knows how to run a business but I don't know if he sees running a country in the same light.
The fact that he shares his technology for the betterment of mankind is pretty amazing.