PINK
I worked a short load in shift this weekend for Pink. I would have loved to stayed for the concert, but I had to drive back to the other side of the state.
Cool.

Did you meet her?
No. I only met her wardrobe. And the wardrobes of her dancers. I saw lots of sparkly stuff.
I bet it's more of a Burgundy.
(05-14-2018, 08:48 PM)Love Child Wrote: I worked a short load in shift this weekend for Pink. I would have loved to stayed for the concert, but I had to drive back to the other side of the state.
So... you wanna be a roadie? There's a few rules we need to go over. hah
(05-15-2018, 09:35 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-14-2018, 08:48 PM)Love Child Wrote: I worked a short load in shift this weekend for Pink. I would have loved to stayed for the concert, but I had to drive back to the other side of the state.

I've done the stage crew gigs in the past. I put my name back on the list since after this summer the Seattle venue is closing for renovations for 2 years.

What are the rules? : D
(05-15-2018, 10:25 PM)Love Child Wrote:

I've done the stage crew gigs in the past. I put my name back on the list since after this summer the Seattle venue is closing for renovations for 2 years.

Load in and load out are priority. Once everything is set up and then broken down, we can have some fun.
That was it?

What a let down.

I was expecting more.
(05-17-2018, 12:29 AM)Love Child Wrote: That was it?

What a let down.

I was expecting more.
Welcome to life as a Roadie hah
(05-16-2018, 09:24 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Load in and load out are priority. Once everything is set up and then broken down, we can have some fun.

You forgot one thing.
Take advice from Jackson Brown. The piano is the last to go.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
That would be the first thing to go, I like doing the hard stuff first and save the easy stuff for last. I watched an old movie with Burt Lancaster in it and he got under the piano in the wagon and picked it up by himself and put it in front of the house on the prairie. It was a cool scene.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-17-2018, 11:59 AM)F.U. Wrote:

You forgot one thing.
That's an artists personal preference on Load out, and I'm sure he stipulated that so that it would be the first thing unloaded upon arrival. A lot of artists write while they're on the road. That's likely what that was all about, although I don't know much about him as an artist. Never really got into his material. It's not dark or heavy
(05-17-2018, 12:24 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 11:59 AM)F.U. Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 09:35 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: So... you wanna be a roadie? There's a few rules we need to go over. hah

You forgot one thing.
That's an artists personal preference on Load out, and I'm sure he stipulated that so that it would be the first thing unloaded upon arrival. A lot of artists write while they're on the road. That's likely what that was all about, although I don't know much about him as an artist. Never really got into his material. It's not dark or heavy

But it made for one of my favorite songs. The Load Out is a good old tune.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
Well then............stay just a little bit longer.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
If I was Jackson Brown's roadie I wouldn't even want to stay for the show. I'd unload his stupid piano and get the fuck out of there.
(05-17-2018, 02:02 PM)sally Wrote: If I was Jackson Brown's roadie I wouldn't even want to stay for the show. I'd unload his stupid piano and get the fuck out of there.
Definitely not staying just a little bit longer. Somebody has to put that hunk of wood back on the truck.
She had more than 20 trucks.
(05-18-2018, 12:26 AM)Love Child Wrote: She had more than 20 trucks.
Not surprising, she has an amazing light show and a dance troup that travels with her. That's a lot of clothing to wash every day. The biggest bands in my genre carry one washer and dryer but they don't have dancers. Just 4-5 sweaty unshaven guys hah