Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My friends are fucking racists and I hate them
A friend of mine shared a story today about trying to open a bank account. They called ahead and asked what was required to do so. They brought the proper documentation with them, however upon arrival they were asked, "Are you a US citezen?" "Because if you aren't, you can't open an account here"

I am pretty sure this conversation would not happen to myself or to someone that is white. But perhaps tomorrow I shall go and try.

That being said-a friend of mine that I have only met through gaming, who I had previously respected calls out my friend and says they must have been acting sketchy, and then goes on to insult him and others.

This guy is not sketchy and he doesn't even know him. It is ridiculous. And then another supposed friend of mine says, "Well isn't it good that there are regulations to stop the drug cartels"

What the actual fuck?! I think I am about to give up on social media.

I dont' mind the sharing of ideas, asking of questions, asking for clarification, but my former friend accused him of acting sketchy in the bank, and accused him of wanting to start a lynch mob and then proceeded to tell several people to fuck off when unprompted to do so.
Blame 911 not racism
Doubtful, 9-11 is already an abstract concept in the minds of many Americans, especially millennials who were too young to grasp what happened fully. The behavior patterns we are seeing now are a direct result of the current push toward authoritarian fascist rule.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(06-13-2018, 01:03 AM)Love Child Wrote: A friend of mine shared a story today about trying to open a bank account. They called ahead and asked what was required to do so. They brought the proper documentation with them, however upon arrival they were asked, "Are you a US citezen?" "Because if you aren't, you can't open an account here"

I am pretty sure this conversation would not happen to myself or to someone that is white. But perhaps tomorrow I shall go and try.

That being said-a friend of mine that I have only met through gaming, who I had previously respected calls out my friend and says they must have been acting sketchy, and then goes on to insult him and others.

This guy is not sketchy and he doesn't even know him. It is ridiculous. And then another supposed friend of mine says, "Well isn't it good that there are regulations to stop the drug cartels"

What the actual fuck?! I think I am about to give up on social media.

I dont' mind the sharing of ideas, asking of questions, asking for clarification, but my former friend accused him of acting sketchy in the bank, and accused him of wanting to start a lynch mob and then proceeded to tell several people to fuck off when unprompted to do so.
This is not unusual for a bank. The only difference between your friend and you is that you likely have the required ID to prove you are a citizen. This all started back in the 80's and the cocaine trade (sorry to harsh your buzz donno). Too many high dollar accounts in Miami that the govt was seeing a penny on because the account owners weren't US citizens.
Dono is talking about her friends and we are talking about the bank.
(06-13-2018, 01:03 AM)Love Child Wrote: upon arrival they were asked, "Are you a US citezen?" "Because if you aren't, you can't open an account here"

Every time I sign on to one of my credit card accounts I am asked that very question. Every single time. It started about 6-8 months ago.

Racism is alive and well in America. The only thing you can do is to take action and not spend your precious free time with those who are that way. I've used the N word but not in a long time. I've used it on white people because I thought it spoke to an attitude not a color. I don't do that any more. My mom always viewed it as a cuss word and it wasn't tolerated in our home. There are no black people where I come from. I never even saw an adult black person outside of television until I went to college.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-13-2018, 11:22 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 01:03 AM)Love Child Wrote: upon arrival they were asked, "Are you a US citezen?" "Because if you aren't, you can't open an account here"

Every time I sign on to one of my credit card accounts I am asked that very question. Every single time. It started about 6-8 months ago.

Racism is alive and well in America. The only thing you can do is to take action and not spend your precious free time with those who are that way. I've used the N word but not in a long time. I've used it on white people because I thought it spoke to an attitude not a color. I don't do that any more. My mom always viewed it as a cuss word and it wasn't tolerated in our home. There are no black people where I come from. I never even saw an adult black person outside of television until I went to college.
Having a valid tax ID # isn't racism, it's capitalism. Banks get audited too by the govt.
(06-13-2018, 12:18 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Having a valid tax ID # isn't racism

I wasn't referring to anything having to do with banking when I stated that, that's why I made it a separate paragraph.
(06-13-2018, 12:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 12:18 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Having a valid tax ID # isn't racism

I wasn't referring to anything having to do with banking when I stated that, that's why I made it a separate paragraph.
I see. Sorry. I thought you were trying to say the two were somehow related.

No apology necessary! Smiley_emoticons_smile
I don't have a problem with banks asking for identification or additional identification. What I have a problem with is the bank only asking people who are not white if they are a US citizen. If they ask one, they should ask all and be consistent with the type of documentation required.

I don't really hate my friends either-but I don't like that they went to this other person's page that they do not even know and began calling them a troll, accused him of probably acting sketchy, called his friends idiots and so on. : ( It made me sad and upset. Then towards the end he told someone to fuck off.
(06-13-2018, 03:39 PM)Love Child Wrote: I don't have a problem with banks asking for identification or additional identification. What I have a problem with is the bank only asking people who are not white if they are a US citizen. If they ask one, they should ask all and be consistent with the type of documentation required.

I don't really hate my friends either-but I don't like that they went to this other person's page that they do not even know and began calling them a troll, accused him of probably acting sketchy, called his friends idiots and so on. : ( It made me sad and upset. Then towards the end he told someone to fuck off.
So... Just so I got this straight. I'm sure nobody asks Morgan Freeman or Barak Obama if they're a citizen when they go to the bank... Since that isn't consistent you take issue with it?
Sure.
If it is required for one person then it is required for all. More importantly than just asking a person is consistency in the documentation requirements and policies.
Since I am not talking about Morgan Freeman-which-how do I know his citezenship? We are talking about your everyday people with white or brown skin being asked different questions-if we are really concerned about security of the nation or drug cartels-then maybe we ought to start looking at some of these white people!
Wake up White people!
I am having a tough time waking up this morning 2 cups of coffee and I'm still in la-la land. Schools last day today and way to much work, ugggg.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-13-2018, 04:22 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 03:39 PM)Love Child Wrote: I don't have a problem with banks asking for identification or additional identification. What I have a problem with is the bank only asking people who are not white if they are a US citizen. If they ask one, they should ask all and be consistent with the type of documentation required.

So... Just so I got this straight. I'm sure nobody asks Morgan Freeman or Barak Obama if they're a citizen when they go to the bank.

Wrong again. There was an entire cottage industry built on assholes asking President Obama where he was born and pretending it was Kenya. They call it Fox.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(06-14-2018, 06:44 AM)Donovan Wrote: There was an entire cottage industry built on assholes asking President Obama where he was born and pretending it was Kenya.

There is still an incredibly large percentage of Republicans who don't believe he is American. Seriously. They truly believe he was born in Kenya.
What did he state on his College and school aid applications?
(06-14-2018, 10:51 AM)BigMark Wrote: What did he state on his College and school aid applications?

That he was born in the Mines. The Mines your fucking business. Also,

Quote:Wrong again. There was an entire cottage industry built on assholes asking President Obama where he was born and pretending it was Kenya. They call it Fox.
Point proven.
You sure act big on the internet.