Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AIR FRYER
Does anyone have one? If so, I'm interested in reading your opinion of it. I've never fried anything and I'm interested to know if this fryer does what it says it will.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Hey Fry Guy, Hey Buddy!
Unfortunately all I can tell you is to blow that air fryer up your ass. Maybe a delicious, perfectly fried chicken leg will come out, but your chances are better winning the lottery.
ATM?  Wt
(09-29-2018, 10:16 PM)BigMark Wrote: ATM?  Wt
hah
(09-29-2018, 09:51 PM)sally Wrote: Unfortunately all I can tell you is to blow that air fryer up your ass. Maybe a delicious, perfectly fried chicken leg will come out, but your chances are better winning the lottery.

Had you told me french fries rather than chicken I may have been tempted to try.
I know a guy that has one and he says it works great. I still use a deep fryer but if it's not as messy I should get one. The're not very expensive and a 10 quart one looks big enough.

fryer
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I want to get one, I need to get one, I'd like to have one, But somebodyelseneedstogetonefirst.
hah  That's what I'm waiting on.
I got one for christmas and it sucks just as I knew it would. First of all, you shouldn't even be eating fried food. Just because it's fried with air doesn't mean frozen chicken nuggets and french fries are any healthier. If you want to eat fried food then eat it in moderation and do it the old fashion way by frying that shit in oil so it at least tastes good. I did wings in there and it took 40 minutes to brown up 15 of them. They did brown nicely, but my son can eat 15 of them in 5 minutes. It just takes way too long and not worth it in my opinion.
I think it would work nicely for a whole chicken, however. But an oven works nicely for a whole chicken too.
I'm not waiting 40 min. to eat a french fry. Jesus God.

Thanks for taking one for the team, Sal. You da man.   27
(12-29-2018, 07:31 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'm not waiting 40 min. to eat a french fry. Jesus God.

Thanks for taking one for the team, Sal. You da man.   27

Ya think ! Deep frying takes 20 min 15 to heat up and 5-8 min to cook. I reuse the oil a few times before using new stuff, french fries are faster. Thanks but no thanks on the air fryer, it would just end up on a shelf someplace,
I thought it might be a good gadget appliance for me because I don't fry anything, I never have. If something is being fried in my home, someone else is doing it, not me. It's not because I know eating fried foods is unhealthy, I'm aware of that and don't eat enough of it to make a difference, it's because I fear burning down my home.
I love french fries. NomNomNom
I bet Sally could make homemade ketchup.
Do what?
(12-28-2018, 11:40 PM)sally Wrote: I got one for christmas and it sucks just as I knew it would. First of all, you shouldn't even be eating fried food.  Just because it's fried with air doesn't mean frozen chicken nuggets and french fries are any healthier. If you want to eat fried food then eat it in moderation and do it the old fashion way by frying that shit in oil so it at least tastes good. I  did wings in there and it took 40 minutes to brown up 15 of them. They did brown nicely, but  my  son can eat 15 of them in 5 minutes. It just takes way too long  and not worth it in my opinion.

I've had so many kitchen gadgets over the years and always end up just using the oven, microwave, or stove top and standard utensils.  It felt good to trash all the shit I never use.

I am gonna buy one more infomercial cooking product once we get resettled though.

[Image: egglettes.png]

If they suck, it's only $15 down the drain.
I have a Cuisinart deep fryer that I use for fried food. I like it because I can plug it in out in the backyard and not have a greasy mess on my stove or the lingering smell of oil in the house. Plus it's almost impossible to burn the house down with it. It heats up and cooks the food really fast. The only downside is it requires so much oil.
Well that makes my decision on an air fryer easy.

I've read some vegetarians cooking thier veggies in them tho.......