Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA 2018/2019
They're back.................!

This should be a really exciting season.  I'm kinda pumped.  

[Image: 1500x845_the_battle_begins.jpg?itok=dsV3rw6Z]
-- Tonight, the Celtics host the 76ers in Boston and the Warriors take on the Thunder in Oakland.

-- MS's Timberwolves face off against the Spurs in San Antonio tomorrow night.

-- Koko's Cavs travel to Toronto tomorrow night to mix it up with the Raptors.

-- And, my mom is very excited about Saturday night's Rockets vs. Lakers game in Los Angeles. She's hoping LeBron pulls the Lakers out of the pit. It'll be fun to watch Harden and LeBron face off.

Here's the full regular season schedule: https://www.basketball-reference.com/lea...games.html
I’ll admit I’m excited to see LeBron in LA.

My club has so much internal drama at the moment, there’s such a pall sucking the life out of the organization.

Everyone, hands down, expects the Dubs to win their 3rd straight title.
I'm going to call it now just like I did last year. Lakers vs Warriors for the championship. Warriors win. So predictable.
(10-17-2018, 09:38 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I'm going to call it now just like I did last year. Lakers vs Warriors for the championship. Warriors win. So predictable.

The Lakers haven't been in championship play for years.

A 'Curry vs. LeBron showdown for the NBA Championship', which I believe is what you actually predicted last year, is not possible again this year since the Warriors and Lakers are both western conference teams.

The closest possible scenario to your prediction is that Curry's Warriors beat LeBron's Lakers for the conference title.
(10-16-2018, 07:57 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I’ll admit I’m excited to see LeBron in LA.

My club has so much internal drama at the moment, there’s such a pall sucking the life out of the organization.

Everyone, hands down, expects the Dubs to win their 3rd straight title.

The Warriors beat the Thunder last night and the Celtics beat the 76ers.

I'm anxious to see just how much LeBron can elevate the Lakers this season too.  Lots of heated debate about it among the sports pundits.

There's little doubt in my mind that the Lakers will win more games than they lose this season with LeBron on the team.

But, I am doubtful that the Lakers will make it to the western conference finals or go all the way to win the league championship in LeBron's first year with the team.
HairOfTheDog Wrote:
Blindgreed1 Wrote:I'm going to call it now just like I did last year. Lakers vs Warriors for the championship. Warriors win. So predictable.

The Lakers haven't been in championship play for years.

A 'Curry vs. LeBron showdown for the NBA Championship', which I believe is what you actually predicted last year, is not possible again this year since the Warriors and Lakers are both western conference teams.

The closest possible scenario to your prediction is that Curry's Warriors beat LeBron's Lakers for the conference title.

And that series will be far more exciting than watching the Warriors win another championship. So in essence, that IS the championship.
Alrighty then Gunnar.

Personally, I'd love to see your new and improved prediction bear out.
HairOfTheDog Wrote:Alrighty then Gunnar.  

Personally, I'd love to see your new and improved prediction bear out.

I'm sure you will.
Blazers Vs. Lakers

[Image: Where-To-Watch-Lakers-vs-Blazers-Online-...24x576.jpg]

Last night was the first regular season game for the Lakers and the Trail Blazers.  

The Blazers have a solid team that were tight last year and finished third in the western conference finals.

In his debut with the Lakers, LeBron played well, as usual.  He scored 26 points and 12 rebounds.

Portland beat L.A., 128-119.

LeBron told reporters that he knows the Lakers are going to be a work in progress.  'It's not instant oatmeal. It's not that fast,' James said. 'It takes some time to get that chemistry where you can just close your eyes and know exactly where guys are.'
Damian Lillard hit 28 points and Nik Stauskas came off the bench to score 24 for Portland, who won their 18th straight home opener to extend an NBA record. It was Portland's 16th straight victory over the Lakers.

The Lakers have finished near the bottom of the league for several years, though they do have veterans Rajon Rondo, JaVale McGee, Lance Stephenson and Michael Beasley, as well as a young core of Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart and rookie Moe Wagner.

Aside from acquiring LeBron, the Lakers made big changes in the off-season, while the Blazers returned all five starters from last season - including the nucleus of Damian Lillard (he's awesome), CJ McCollum and Jusuf Nurkic.

I think the Lakers are going to have a hard time against James Harden and the Rockets on Saturday. But, they'll have the home court advantage and likely a packed stadium anxious to see LeBron in action.
Rockets vs. Pelicans

The Rockets' James Harden and Chris Paul are hands-down two of the league's best players, in my view.  

But, Houston got beat pretty handily at home by the New Orleans Pelicans in their season-opener this week.

Pelicans 131, Rockets 112

The Pelicans' Anthony Davis scored 32 points and 16 rebounds, and Nikola Mirotic scored 30 points and 10 rebounds.
Lakers Vs. Rockets

Did you get a chance to check out last night's game MS?  We just watched it on Youtube.

The Lakers got beat in L.A.:  Houston 124, Lakers 115.

In his first regular-season home game with the Lakers, LeBron scored 24 points. James Harden scored 36 points for Houston.  

It was a very close game in the mid 4th quarter when, unfortunately, all hell broke loose on the court.

L.A.'s Ingram (who's normally pretty mellow) got pissed about getting a technical foul while trying to guard Harden and shoved Harden before getting all up in the ref's face.

Then, Rondo and Chris Paul threw punches and they got ejected along with Ingram.  Stupid.

LeBron's got his hands full............. but he's a great mentor and the season is very young.
Well, it seems I'm the only NBA fan on the Mock forum at this point. I love pro basketball, whether my teams are winners or not. It's such a great fast-moving sport with incredible athletes.

I've been getting my fix -- reading and occasionally posting -- on Insidehoops.com.

If anyone here is following the 20182019 NBA season, it's been very interesting.

Steph Curry of the Warriors has been out for several games. The Warriors were bumped out of #1 Western Conference position by none other than my long time disappointing love.............the Clippers!

The Denver Nuggets are performing really well too and are currently in the #3 spot.

The Lakers have been elevated by LeBron, but they're not yet at the top of the Western conference. They're currently in the #7 position. Not great, but not bad.

Over in the Eastern Conference.............the Cavaliers are in the same situation as the Lakers were for several seasons. The Cavs lost their key experienced player (LeBron James for the Cavs and Kobe Bryant for the Lakers). The Cavs also lost their head coach and went from the premiere Eastern Conference team to being at the very bottom of the ratings in just one season.

The Toronto Raptors, Milwaukee Bucks, Philly 76ers, Indiana Pacers, and Detroit Pistons have the winningest records in the East.

I'm really looking forward to a different championship playoff series this year. It will most certainly not be another Warriors/Cavs showdown.
No wonder you thought FU was undersized.
Are you drinking Biggie? I have no idea what you're talking about.
HairOfTheDog Wrote:Are you drinking Biggie?  I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure he was, but to your point, yeah, pretty much everyone has been over the NBA for some time now. I don't know anyone who watches the entire season anymore. It's a shame because back in the day it was fun to watch. Enjoy.
I'm not spelling out my innuendos.
(11-29-2018, 10:16 AM)BigMark Wrote: I'm not spelling out my innuendos.
in your end-o.
(11-29-2018, 10:16 AM)BigMark Wrote: I'm not spelling out my innuendos.

I got your size-related in-your-endo, but wasn't clear how FU played into it.  No biggie Biggie.