Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
Put up road signs with the wrong directions.
(10-23-2018, 09:22 AM)Maggot Wrote: Trump offered amnesty for 1.8 million dreamers if the Dems would fund the wall. thats quite a few people and he went against his base and offered it anyways. The left scowled, booed and completely negated that offer which I thought was a good deal. The Dems wanted amnesty but no wall and today there are 8000 heading this way.  

You are mistaken.

The Dems were asking for permanent legal protection and a path to citizenship for the Dreamers.

Trump (and most Republican lawmakers) agreed to that and Trump offered amnesty to 1,800,000 undocumented immigrants in exchange for Wall funding and tighter immigration laws.

That pissed off some  Republican congresspersons and a whole lot of his base.  The pearl-clutchers commenting on Breitbart were ready to disown him f-o-r-e-v-e-r!!

But, Trump ultimately flip-flopped as neither the House nor the Senate could get enough Republican approval for any of the four immigration bills floated.  

And, the Republicans refused to include The Wall funding in their subsequent spending bill (giving him $1.6 billion  for enhanced border security rather than the $20-25 billion requested).

ETA -- Links:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congres...on-n886916
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/...need-wall/
THE BROWN PEOPLE ARE COMING! THE BROWN PEOPLE ARE COMING!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[Image: the-british-are-coming_o_420774.webp]
(10-23-2018, 10:54 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 09:22 AM)Maggot Wrote: Trump offered amnesty for 1.8 million dreamers if the Dems would fund the wall. thats quite a few people and he went against his base and offered it anyways. The left scowled, booed and completely negated that offer which I thought was a good deal. The Dems wanted amnesty but no wall and today there are 8000 heading this way.  

You are mistaken.

The Dems were asking for permanent legal protection and a path to citizenship for the Dreamers.

Trump (and most Republican lawmakers) agreed to that and Trump offered amnesty to 1,800,000 undocumented immigrants in exchange for Wall funding and tighter immigration laws.

That pissed off some  Republican congresspersons and a whole lot of his base.  The pearl-clutchers commenting on Breitbart were ready to disown him f-o-r-e-v-e-r!!

But, Trump ultimately flip-flopped as neither the House nor the Senate could get enough Republican approval for any of the four immigration bills floated.  

And, the Republicans refused to include The Wall funding in their subsequent spending bill (giving him $1.6 billion  for enhanced border security rather than the $20-25 billion requested).

ETA -- Links:

Maggot is right and you are rewriting history.
(10-23-2018, 05:42 PM)Fry Guy Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 10:54 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

You are mistaken.

ETA -- Links:

Maggot is right and you are rewriting history.
So? Why should Trump have all the history rewriting fun? Save some for us 0.5 percenters.
Today over 3% of the American population has come here without proper documentation. fact check  Although after looking at the fact check site I found that there were 40,000 children that crossed into America un-accompanied by an adult. I did not know that and am now wondering where they went. I have a feeling that Trump may just say fuckit and start building the wall no matter what congress says. He should use the workforce streaming in to build it saving a ton of money. I'm sure he has people working on the logistics of that. If they are here for work.............there it is.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
That link takes you to the home page, not an article containing that particular quote. So I took that quote and googled it. Again, nothing.

???
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
The link landed me on an unrelated page as well.   But, we've covered the stats in other immigration threads and the 3% estimate is about right. 

Snip:
There were 11 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2015, a small but statistically significant decline from the Center’s estimate of 11.3 million for 2009.

Unauthorized immigrants represented 3.4% of the total U.S. population in 2015.

The number of unauthorized immigrants peaked in 2007 at 12.2 million, when this group was 4% of the U.S. population.

Source:  http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...n-the-u-s/
Thank you.
(10-23-2018, 11:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The link landed me on an unrelated page as well.   But, we've covered the stats in other immigration threads and the 3% estimate is about right. 

Snip:
There were 11 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2015, a small but statistically significant decline from the Center’s estimate of 11.3 million for 2009.

Unauthorized immigrants represented 3.4% of the total U.S. population in 2015.

The number of unauthorized immigrants peaked in 2007 at 12.2 million, when this group was 4% of the U.S. population.

Source:  http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...n-the-u-s/

They know the number of illegal immigrants from which records and polling? How do they know they are accurate?
(10-23-2018, 09:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: If they are here for work.............there it is.

You have more to fear from your own party than you do any random brown person looking for a safe place to build a life.
(10-24-2018, 05:12 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 09:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: If they are here for work.............there it is.

You have more to fear from your own party than you do any random brown person looking for a safe place to build a life.

Irrespective of what skin colour a person is (and when was that a consideration) is it not more of a concern as to the character and ability to check and vet each person coming into America irrespective of where they come from or what their skin colour, religion, gender, or age.

If a person comes in with ISIS ties, does it ultimately matter whether they are brown, black or white? If a person is affiliated with gangs, does it matter if they are brown, black or white? If a person has been deported before, does it matter if they are black, brown or white? If a person is a human trafficker, does it matter if they are brown, black or white?

No idea what any of that has to do with anything or why is has to?
The skin color does not matter one bit. It's the verifiable past that seems to be lost when they get here. It is not just Guatemalans that are in this caravan in order to "escape"  whatever they are trying to escape. Many do not "have" to leave they "want" to leave. 80 Somalians have been in the caravan and middle eastern stragglers. It's not the color of their skin but the conduct of their character that needs to be reviewed. Just as the gun grabbers say that if removing all guns means saving one life so goes the one immigrant that will commit a murder or crime. I don't like waiting in line at the DMV but I do and I don't just jump the line like this caravan  is trying to do. ..............quick strip the baby I see cameras up ahead. .  
Right.
I thought this graphic was interesting.  
[Image: DqM7bLcWkAAKto3.jpg]
but, but, but, trump's got them knocking at our back door. Surely they aren't over 1000 miles away.
Is this the "blue wave"? Is it 10,000 now?  how much more will it grow in size? How many planes will it take to send them back?

Thats a shit ton of people. 

[Image: 5bcd45e5c7621901ec297512-750-375.jpg]

Look at the flag they are coming in under..............
(10-23-2018, 10:52 AM)BigMark Wrote: Put up road signs with the wrong directions.

Hey, why not?  It worked for 40 years on Jews looking for their Promised Land. 
(10-24-2018, 11:49 AM)Duchess Wrote: Right.

Yes. Right.

Could you give me "rough" numbers as to how many of them are:
bringing in disease
in violent gangs
part of ISIS
have previously been deported
have criminal records
are drug smugglers
are human traffickers
come NOT fleeing anything but rather want high paying American jobs that they can send money home from?

Give us rough numbers or IF you can't, can you please be honest and admit that this is NOTHING at all to do with skin colour or race NOR are these poor people all fleeing violence?