Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Good Shit - The Happening
What a piece of shit movie. M Night Shyamalan is SO LUCKY that the 6th Sense was his first lucky hit, because his movies have gotten worse and worse since. EVENTUALLY THERE HAS TO BE MORE THEN JUST "STYLE". THERE HAS TO BE "SUBSTANCE".

Let's review

6th Sense - lucky break out hit with a surprise ending that people kept the secret about
Unbreakable - I liked it. A very unique take on the "super hero" movies. might be his best actual movie, but it was very slow and grainy, so I understand why some people could not get into it.
Signs - was horrible. let's be honest. the alien looked fake and the acting was pretty poor. it is just an average movie.
The Village - just complete crap. dumb movie. dumb idea
Lady In The Water - almost completely UNWATCHABLE. A terrible movie and just about everyone agreed that it was one of the worst of the year in 2009

The Happening has Marky Mark Walberg playing a teacher. As the East Coast becomes part of some sort of strange phenomenon where people just start killing themselves in very gruesome ways. I won't ruin the movie for people BRAVE ENOUGH TO WASTE 89 MINUTES OF THEIR LIVES, but it is silly. And like all M. Night movies the ending sucks even more. And the acting is just short of suck-ass-terrible.

He has lost the magic in my opinion. He still gets complete control over the making of his movies and I believe that will stop soon. You cant spend 75-100 million dollars on a movie to make 40 million without the studios paying for these flicks to eventually step in and take back the control.

I hated it. At the end of the movie my wife almost threw her dinner plate directly at our TV in disgust and anger for how stupid it was. That is how we felt about The Happening.
Okay, at the risk of sounding like a tree hugging animal nut, the part in "Signs" that made me want to kick in my TV was where the dog inexplicably attacked the kid, got gardening tooled to death, the other dog was chained up in the yard and then mysteriously forgotten about when it got dark and the aliens came out... although the aliens were out and about during daylight hours too... and the family had an 'aha!' moment right when you hear the dog yelping in agony.

I HATE gratuitous killing of animals in movies like that. It didn't advance the story (what story?) and personally it pissed me off.

I'll make sure I don't put his latest in my rental queue. Thanks for the review.
It was a pointless scene as you described. It was filler to get the medical situation the kid had into the forefront of the story line. But like you said, unneeded and added little.
Liquid Wrote:It was a pointless scene as you described. It was filler to get the medical situation the kid had into the forefront of the story line. But like you said, unneeded and added little.

Now, see? I don't even remember any medical situation. The plot completely unraveled for me after the dog's death. Fucker.

Althought I'm a huge sucker for the dying lover scene... as hokey as the 'wife pinned against tree and will shortly expire due to horrendous internal injuries but has enough time to tell her husband how much she loves him' was, I still got a little choked up.
Quote:6th Sense - lucky break out hit with a surprise ending that people kept the secret about
Maybe it was just a lucky break but that was a damn good movie.

Quote:Unbreakable - I liked it. A very unique take on the "super hero" movies. might be his best actual movie, but it was very slow and grainy, so I understand why some people could not get into it.

Another good one. I didn't think I would like it, but I was wrong.

Quote:Signs - was horrible. let's be honest. the alien looked fake and the acting was pretty poor. it is just an average movie.

Utter crap. My son loved it, but what the fuck does he know? He was....what....15 when it came out?
Quote:The Village - just complete crap. dumb movie. dumb idea
Lady In The Water - almost completely UNWATCHABLE. A terrible movie and just about everyone agreed that it was one of the worst of the year in 2009

Didn't see these two. After Signs, I look askance at anything by this guy.

The Happening looks intriguing to me, but based on this review, I doubt I'll be wasting any time with it unless my hubby wants to rent it one day. I do NOT like Mark Whalberg anyway. He was good in The Departed, but otherwise, he's a putz.
Quote:Okay, at the risk of sounding like a tree hugging animal nut, the part in "Signs" that made me want to kick in my TV was where the dog inexplicably attacked the kid, got gardening tooled to death,
I don't give a shit if it makes me seem like the same tree hugging animal nut; you're 100% correct on this one, M. Gratuitous slaughter of animals loses points for any movie in my book. I don't care about gratuitous gore where people are getting hacked up; that's just not my kind of movie, but it doesn't bug me. When it's being done to an animal instead, fuck that. Even if it has meaning to the movie I don't like it. And in this case it didn't add a thing to the film.

LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Okay, at the risk of sounding like a tree hugging animal nut, the part in "Signs" that made me want to kick in my TV was where the dog inexplicably attacked the kid, got gardening tooled to death, the other dog was chained up in the yard and then mysteriously forgotten about when it got dark and the aliens came out... although the aliens were out and about during daylight hours too... and the family had an 'aha!' moment right when you hear the dog yelping in agony.

I HATE gratuitous killing of animals in movies like that. It didn't advance the story (what story?) and personally it pissed me off.

I'll make sure I don't put his latest in my rental queue. Thanks for the review.

"No animals were harmed or injured during production of this film".

Ring any bells you fucking retard?

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Liquid Wrote:What a piece of shit movie. M Night Shyamalan is SO LUCKY that the 6th Sense was his first lucky hit, because his movies have gotten worse and worse since. EVENTUALLY THERE HAS TO BE MORE THEN JUST "STYLE". THERE HAS TO BE "SUBSTANCE".

Let's review

6th Sense - lucky break out hit with a surprise ending that people kept the secret about
Unbreakable - I liked it. A very unique take on the "super hero" movies. might be his best actual movie, but it was very slow and grainy, so I understand why some people could not get into it.
Signs - was horrible. let's be honest. the alien looked fake and the acting was pretty poor. it is just an average movie.
The Village - just complete crap. dumb movie. dumb idea

The Happening has Marky Mark Walberg playing a teacher. As the East Coast becomes part of some sort of strange phenomenon where people just start killing themselves in very gruesome ways. I won't ruin the movie for people BRAVE ENOUGH TO WASTE 89 MINUTES OF THEIR LIVES, but it is silly. And like all M. Night movies the ending sucks even more. And the acting is just short of suck-ass-terrible.

He has lost the magic in my opinion. He still gets complete control over the making of his movies and I believe that will stop soon. You cant spend 75-100 million dollars on a movie to make 40 million without the studios paying for these flicks to eventually step in and take back the control.

I hated it. At the end of the movie my wife almost threw her dinner plate directly at our TV in disgust and anger for how stupid it was. That is how we felt about The Happening.

I have to agree with you here, I think he believes he is the new Hitchcock, he isn't fit tokiss Hitchcocks pinky.

Sixth sense - ::bravo::

Unbreakable - Smiley_emoticons_smile

Signs - first hour and20 minutes - Smiley_emoticons_smile, last 20 minutes - ::irk::::doh::

The Village -78:;wgaf::

Lady in the Water - ::tdown:::Blush:::batguy::

The Happening - ::angrier:::;beat::

In the Happening did you notice how many times you could see the boom microphone in the frame of the film?, come onShimalayan you fucking sloppy bastard!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Is it hard to remember to breathe? Because you're obviously too stupid to have lower brain function.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Is it hard to remember to breathe? Because you're obviously too stupid to have lower brain function.

Fuck you bitch.

I'm not the one who would throw myself in front of an out of control cement truck to save a little puddy-tat.

I don't normally hold animals in higher regard than humans but in your case I am willing to make an exception. My pet hamsters have more personality and charisma than you do.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Is it hard to remember to breathe? Because you're obviously too stupid to have lower brain function.

Fuck you bitch.

I'm not the one who would throw myself in front of an out of control cement truck to save a little puddy-tat.

I don't normally hold animals in higher regard than humans but in your case I am willing to make an exception. My pet hamsters have more personality and charisma than you do.
You have hamsters? ::lmao::

No wonder you smell of wee.

Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I'm not the one who would throw myself in front of an out of control cement truck to save a little puddy-tat.
A puddy tat, possibly. Poophole? No chance. Am I right, M? ::bigg::
Quote:My pet hamsters have more personality and charisma than you do.

You just have to honor it when a freak admits in writing he he hug up (or hung as) a hamster.

That took true DUMB::lmao::
newbiecollector Wrote:
Quote:My pet hamsters have more personality and charisma than you do.

You just have to honor it when a freak admits in writing he he hug up (or hung as) a hamster.

That took true DUMB::lmao::

The patron saint of dumb accusing me of being dumb!

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

What the fuck does "he he hug up" mean youilliterate prick?

You really are as dull as a bag of rusty spanners newbietard.
Sinister Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I'm not the one who would throw myself in front of an out of control cement truck to save a little puddy-tat.
A puddy tat, possibly. Poophole? No chance. Am I right, M? ::bigg::

Ditto.

I wouldn't piss on your face if your hair was on fire bitch.

LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

Fuck you bitch.

Could be worse I could have your odour.

A heady mixture of gin, vicodin andcrystal meth.

Quote:::lmao::Could be worse I could have your odour.

What a great limp ass reply.............you have to love such stupidness::lmao::
newbiecollector Wrote:

What a great limp ass reply.............you have to love such stupidness::lmao::

Once again bullshit analysis from the resident dipshit.

You have to love such fucking idiocy and hypocrisy from someone so toothless and impotent.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
newbiecollector Wrote:

Once again bullshit analysis from the resident dipshit.

You have to love such fucking idiocy and hypocrisy from someone so toothless and impotent.
Awwwwwwwwwwww... did I hurt your widdle little feelings?::lmao::
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

Fuck you bitch.

Could be worse I could have your odour.

I doubt you have any idea what crank smells like, fucktard. And I've never had gin or vicodin. Smiley_emoticons_smile