Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Blog del Narco -WARNING! GRAPHIC!
I am starting to like this guy!

MEXICO CITY – An anonymous, twentysomething blogger is giving Mexicans what they can't get elsewhere — an inside view of their country's raging drug war.

Operating from behind a thick curtain of computer security, Blog del Narco in less than six months has become Mexico's go-to Internet site at a time when mainstream media are feeling pressure and threats to stay away from the story.

Many postings, including warnings and a beheading, appear to come directly from drug traffickers. Others depict crime scenes accessible only to military or police.

The undifferentiated content suggests that all sides are using the blog — drug gangs to project their power, law enforcement to show that it too can play rough, and the public to learn about incidents that the mainstream media are forced to ignore or play down.

In at least one case Blog del Narco may have led to a major arrest — of a prison warden after a video posting detailed her alleged system of setting inmates free at night to carry out killings for a drug cartel.

The mysterious blogger hides his identity behind an elaborate cyber-screen. The Associated Press wrote to the blog's e-mail address, and the blogger called back from a disguised phone number. He said he is a student in northern Mexico majoring in computer security, that he launched the blog in March as a "hobby," but it now has grown to hundreds of postings a day and 3 million hits a week.

"People now demand information and if you don't publish it, they complain," he said.

Indeed, President Felipe Calderon has heard complaints that his government is not putting out enough information to allow people to function and stay safe.

"You authorities have placed Mexicans in the middle of a shootout where it's not clear where the bullets are coming from," journalist Hector Aguilar Camin said at a recent forum evaluating the government's strategy for fighting organized crime. "When it comes to information, the Mexican public safety agencies don't even shoot in self-defense."

The violence has killed more then 28,000 people and made Mexico one of the world's most dangerous countries for journalists, which explains why Blog del Narco cloaks itself so heavily in anonymity.

"For the scanty details that they (mass media) put on television, they get grenades thrown at them and their reporters kidnapped," the blogger said. "We publish everything. Imagine what they could do to us."

Among his postings:

• A video of a man being decapitated. While media only reported police finding a beheaded body, the video shows the man confessing to working for drug lord Edgar "La Barbie" Valdez Villareal, who is locked in a fight with both the Beltran Leyva and Sinaloa cartels;

• The prison warden affair, which unfolded in a video of masked members of the Zetas drug gang interrogating a police officer, who reveals that inmates allied with the Sinaloa cartel are given guns and cars and sent off to commit murders. At the end of the video the officer is shot to death;

• Links to Facebook pages of alleged traffickers and their children, weapons, cars and lavish parties;

• Photos of Mexican pop music stars at a birthday party for an alleged drug dealer's teenage daughter in the border state of Coahuila, across from Texas.

"The girl wrote to me and told me, in a threatening way, to take down her photos," the blogger said. "But as long as I don't hear from her father, I won't take them down."

While there are numerous blogs on Mexico's drug war, Blog del Narco seems to be the first used by the traffickers themselves. The blogger said he provides an uncensored platform, posting photographs and videos he receives regardless of content or cartel affiliation.

It can be extremely gory, but his neutrality has helped build his credibility.

"We don't insult them, we don't say one specific group is the bad one," he said. "We don't want problems with them."

Critics say it's free public relations for the cartels.

"Media outlets have social responsibilities and have to serve the public," said Carlos Lauria, of the New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists. "This is being produced by someone who is not doing it from a journalistic perspective. He is doing it without any ethical considerations."

Blog del Narco's first posting concerned a small-town shootout in the border state of Tamaulipas that police wouldn't even confirm happened. The blog aired a resident's YouTube video of the crashed cars and corpses along the highway.

Soon Blog Del Narco was dominating Mexico's drug-war blogosphere.

The blogger maintains a Facebook page and Twitter account that includes CNN en Espanol, all major Mexican media, the FBI and the Mexican Defense Department among its more than 7,300 followers. Rusty Payne, spokesman for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, said "we're very aware of these kinds of things" but wouldn't say whether the DEA uses the information in its investigations.

Blog del Narco has also become a meeting point for people anxious to get information the mainstream media doesn't deliver, such as what streets to avoid during shootouts.

In Nuevo Laredo, where journalists have been attacked, 26-year-old storeowner Claudia Perez says she reads Blog del Narco to know when streets close, but can do without the gore.

"There are times when they do publish useful things, like such or such street is blocked," she said, "but they also put a lot of information about narcos and the ugly things they do."

Blog del Narco is registered with a U.S. company and all its blog-related payments are made with bank deposits, not a credit card, he said.

The blogger said he spends about four hours a day working on the blog and has recruited a friend to help after becoming overwhelmed with submissions.

Many of his videos are sent to him by readers, who know he will get them a much wider airing in Mexico, or are taken from YouTube. He regularly lifts news reports from other media sites without credit. He says mainstream media did the same with his content — until the national Milenio Television network aired the prison warden video and credited Blog del Narco.

Its daily hits went up 30 percent.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
click:
Blog del Narco

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't support illegals in any fashion but, after seeing some of this blog I can understand why so many would flee that country to come here for a better life. I know there are some who believe that the only good Mexican is a dead Mexican, I don't happen to agree with that. I feel sorry for ANYONE who has to live in fear.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
somebody from the Dept. of Homeland Security really likes this publication and reads it almost daily. so i want to wish them Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad! Mini xmas tree1759

42 seriously, i am extremely sorry for the loss of a Border Patrol Officer this week. 96

U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian A. Terry was fatally shot Dec. 15

They are the gruesome images that are testament to the trouble that has hit one Mexican city which has become a flashpoint for the war on drugs.

Two young men, cut down in the prime of their life, were left hanging from a pedestrian bridge as warring drugs cartels continue to fight in Monterrey

One of the men was was missing a foot and had been stripped down to just his underwear while the other's clothes were splattered with blood.

If I were in charge, I'd give all the peace lovin' people an opportunity to leave then I'd nuke that fucking place.

There's a reason I'm not in charge. Awink
If the people who are fleeing would fight the shit they could live in their own country.

how many Americans would put an end to this shit if it was happening here?

Keep in mind that those bodies are more than likely people from a rival drug cartel, they fight each other first then they take over the business in that area.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(06-07-2011, 09:32 AM)IMaDick Wrote: how many Americans would put an end to this shit if it was happening here?

I'd be really scared but I'd pick up my gun.

(08-13-2010, 06:28 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't support illegals in any fashion but, after seeing some of this blog I can understand why so many would flee that country to come here for a better life. I know there are some who believe that the only good Mexican is a dead Mexican, I don't happen to agree with that. I feel sorry for ANYONE who has to live in fear.

I'd agree with you if the immigration problem the US has was just a recent thing..but shit, we've had immigration issues for quite a bit longer than this relatively recent outbreak of drug-gang violence. Shit, Reagan granted amnesty back in 86...there certainly wasnt the violence then, that there is now.

Tis a shame, really....Mexico used to be one helluva tourist destination. I wouldnt take a vacation there nowadays, even if it was my only choice. That country is imploding.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Kid, I would never disagree that this is a tremendous problem. I simply feel compassion for any good person that has to live in fear.
If your country is bad, GROW A FUCKING SET AND CHANGE IT! Don't bring your problem here.

When did the world turn into a bunch of pussies?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Perhaps we (the USA) should just annex Mexico. Once our troops get done with this Iraq/Afghanistan bullshit..send'em down south to clean up the bullshit. Wouldnt take long.

Really, a North and South America would be just fine (we can let the south have Panama, Nicaragua, Honduras, etc)......why do we need a bunch of fuck-ups in the middle? Most of our large companies already have plants down there (thanks a lot, NAFTA) Lot's of already skilled farm workers down there..and plenty of land to grow good crops.

Sounds like a win-win for everybody to me.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are forgetting about Canada. It's OK, most people forget Canada is even there...
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Not forgetting about Canada at all. We don't seem to have a "Canadian immigrant problem"...thank God. They're pretty much a worthless country (except for lumber, water and some decent smoke that comes out of the BC area) that has no identity, and really don't bother anyone...and are already part of North America.

Let them be......for now.

A kicking, screaming teenager with a gunshot wound, was found dangling from a rope over a busy highway Wednesday in the northern Mexican city of Monterrey. Police said another man alongside him was dead by the time rescuers arrived and a third was found dead below.

Witnesses told police that a group of gunmen descended from a vehicle and hanged the men off a bridge around 10 a.m., stopping traffic along one of the busiest routes in Mexico's third-largest city, which has been plagued by drug-gang violence.

All three of the men had been shot and tortured, and their hands were bound with duct tape, according to a Nuevo Leon state police investigator who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case.

The dead man, estimated to be in his early 20s, dangled lifelessly in a blue shirt and plaid shorts. Bound in his hands was a cell phone, a possible sign that he was considered an informant.

Police said none of the victims had been identified.

Two other men, one with a foot cut off, were hanged by their necks from a pedestrian bridge Sunday in Monterrey. Both died.

per post 15. one was about 13 years old.

i wish God would smite all these murdering cruel demons from hell and drag them into the abyss.

(06-07-2011, 05:38 PM)thekid65 Wrote: Tis a shame, really....Mexico used to be one helluva tourist destination. I wouldnt take a vacation there nowadays, even if it was my only choice. That country is imploding.

Yet so many still go to Mexico to vacation..... Cancun is still a top spot for vacation. everyone seems to forget any support of Mexico leads to the drug cartels
Juarez is completely out of control. People that have family living there, can no longer travel to see their families, because of the fear. Families that have been traveling back and forth for generations, have regular family doctors etc there, people that know the area and the people and have never been afraid before. They never had a reason to be afraid before. A very good friend of ours, lost a brother this last year to the random violence going on. They kill people, tag them physically or with a note (physically by their gang m.o.), and dump them in streets, right in front of the general population. They gun them down the same way. Right in front of everyone with no fear of the police. No fear of justice...because its completely out of control along the borders...the only justice is street justice, and people are just too afraid to retaliate. They hunt down family members in the states to bring the fear factor to the forefront...These people live in a way we could never understand. Its very sad.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
They will only get so far and vigilantes will sprout. Put a bounty on them. Lets make some money!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Dammit!

Now how will get our guns across the border to arm the vigilantes?

Mayor of NM town pleads guilty to gun smuggling

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — The former mayor of a small New Mexico border town has pleaded guilty to charges he participated in a gun smuggling ring that federal prosecutors said sent hundreds of guns into Mexico, authorities said Wednesday.

Eddie Espinoza faces 65 years in prison. The 51-year-old was arrested in March along with two other Columbus town officials — police chief Angelo Vega and former trustee Blas Gutierrez. The three were among a dozen people charged in the federal sting.

Full story:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/arti...fa03764d53