Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
+your daily weather report+
(01-05-2016, 12:46 AM)Love Child Wrote: That is crazy Duchess!

Meanwhile here in the mountains we are finally getting the snow we never got last year as well.

7 new inches since yesterday on top of a 49 inch base. Are you feeling hotter Duchess?

Woooo. Going on 5 ft. of snow! Do you go sledding or anything like that? I like to play in it. 50

No, I don't feel hotter and my feet are often cold. I go to bed buck naked but I've got my socks on.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's freezing here. No likey.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(01-05-2016, 09:42 AM)ramseycat Wrote: It's freezing here. No likey.

You're gonna have to wear socks with those sandals.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I know. And that's not a good look.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

There is snow to the north & west of me but I don't think it will hold together as it comes across the Bay. Too bad. I wouldn't mind seeing some flurries.
If you watched the Vikings game on Sunday you know we're in the deep-freeze.

We call this 'character-building', which is a nice way of saying 'idiotic'.

I really do enjoy the change of seasons however.

I lived in Panama for 2+ years. 90F every day, and the only 'weather' you experienced was if it rained.

So, I'll continue to live in the tundra during winter and enjoy the heck out our summers & autumns.
(01-12-2016, 11:55 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I really do enjoy the change of seasons however.

I do too and wouldn't want to live where there isn't a change of seasons. I gotta admit to enjoying it being in the 60's/70's while Christmas decorating though. I always thought that would suck ass but it didn't. Not at all!
(01-12-2016, 12:09 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 11:55 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I really do enjoy the change of seasons however.

I do too and wouldn't want to live where there isn't a change of seasons. I gotta admit to enjoying it being in the 60's/70's while Christmas decorating though. I always thought that would suck ass but it didn't. Not at all!

See, the warmest it can get here in December is somewhere around 35-45. And that's if it's really warm.

Given the choice between 40F and brown versus 25F with snow, I'll opt for the snow. But I understand the appeal of being warm versus freezing.

I should ask FQ2 what it's doing out there. I usually get her weather.
(01-12-2016, 12:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I should ask FQ2 what it's doing out there. I usually get her weather.

It's cold!!! A few inches of snow killed a lot of people on their way to work this morning cause their to stupid to drive in it.
Hi of 45 Friday. It's -10 with the wind chill right now.

I had to let my car warm up before I left this morning. It was encased in frost. That's not an actual complaint, all in all we've had a really decent Winter so far. I told Mother Nature I am not doing another February like last year. No fuckin' way. No.
Its so cold the icicles have goose pimples.
(01-18-2016, 12:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: Its so cold the icicles have goose pimples.

Are you somewhere near Concord, NH?
Goddamn lake effect snow today and tonight and tomorrow. For those of you not familiar, that's what happens when cold air rolls over warmer than usual waters like the great lakes and dumps massive amounts of snow in narrow bands. Very unpredictable and annoying. You can be driving 10 blocks and go from clear sunny weather to whiteout conditions.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

The weather people here are making noises about ending the week with a blizzard. My state can't handle that kind of weather. People lose their minds and if we get anything close to blizzard like conditions it will shut down my state. Not kidding. They will call out the national guard too. It's ridiculous. I'm just going to prepare like I do when a hurricane is coming except I might get a delivery of wood in case we need a fire.
(01-18-2016, 12:24 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 12:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: Its so cold the icicles have goose pimples.

Are you somewhere near Concord, NH?

Well yeah its almost as if you just delivered a pizza.

Did somebody say pizza?
I never thought I'd say, '8F and sun feels good'.

But it does.
(01-19-2016, 02:14 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I never thought I'd say, '8F and sun feels good'.

But it does.

Your state made my local news this morning. They showed several yards with frozen pants in them. hah
(01-19-2016, 02:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-19-2016, 02:14 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I never thought I'd say, '8F and sun feels good'.

But it does.

Your state made my local news this morning. They showed several yards with frozen pants in them. hah

There's something to be said for going through weather changes/extremes.

When you climb out of the deep freeze there's almost a sense of accomplishment. You bond with your fellow citizens.

We're taking the kids up north for a few days in early February, staying at a cabin in the woods, ice skating, snowmobiling, etc.

It'll be fun.