Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~
We could use a ts here. We need the rain. But after Ike, I'm seriously gun-shy. That was a bitch of a storm.
hello Irene-- i think she'll make landfall in fla. as a 'cane. [Image: attachment.php?aid=3111]

[Image: Irene-path-11am-0821.jpg]

edit to add, she's a 'cane now, monday.

[Image: irene_radar_1073062c.jpg]

WTF!

[Image: map_specnews15_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg]

Sally is first. and a couple other of our members i think.

lay in supplies Cracker before everyone goes crazy and strips the stores of water, etc.

[Image: uhaI_2_640x480.gif]

[Image: map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg]

Irene is projected to become the strongest hurricane to hit the Carolinas since 1996 this weekend. Six years have passed since the entire United States endured a blow like Irene is forecast to unleash.

The AccuWeather.com Hurricane Center is expecting Irene to blast onto the Carolina coastline in between Myrtle Beach and Morehead City this weekend as a strong Category 3 hurricane.

Irene will actually strengthen into a dangerous Category 4 hurricane on Thursday and it is not out of the question that Irene maintains this powerful strength through its landfall in the Carolinas.Residents of the Carolinas should not underestimate the power Irene has the potential to unleash, especially since these states have not been the target of such a fierce hurricane in 15 years.

One of my friends is going to the Outer Banks on Saturday. Needless to say she is concerned.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(08-23-2011, 07:50 AM)ramseycat Wrote: One of my friends is going to the Outer Banks on Saturday. Needless to say she is concerned.

so she is a complete imbecile then? hah

(08-23-2011, 07:50 AM)ramseycat Wrote: One of my friends is going to the Outer Banks on Saturday. Needless to say she is concerned.

Would she hike the Iranian border? 113

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
We just moved to NC a few weeks ago. Looks like Irene is going to give us a nice welcome present. We are about 1 12 hours from the coast. I'm not too worried as far as damage to us or the house, but I am going to go out and get some extra food, water and wine before the stores get mobbed.
Unfortunatley she had this vacation booked months ago. Her and her hubs are thinking about waiting until Sunday to drive down. If they could get their money back on their rental house, they would scrap the whole trip.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
cool pic

[Image: 5291132.bin?size=620x400]

god damn!

Hurricane Irene, now a formidable threat to the Atlantic seaboard, could explode into a deadly Category 3 storm with sustained winds of up to 115 mph by tomorrow — with potentially “catastrophic” consequences for New England, officials for the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the National Hurricane Center warned today.

“The biggest uncertainty we have is the timing and degree of the turn to the North, and possibly the Northeast. We’re very concerned about what’s going to happen in New England,” Bill Read, director of the National Hurricane Center, told the Herald during a conference call with media from across the eastern United States.

(08-23-2011, 12:03 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: — with potentially “catastrophic” consequences for New England, officials for the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the National Hurricane Center warned today

The kids are hoping the first day of school gets canceled. They will be spending the next few days cleaning yard debris and stowing toys/lawn furniture-generator hasn't been used since Feb, so I suppose I should check the oil and put a load on it.

Hurricane Irene is forecast from the Hurricane Center to strike the Outer Banks of North Carolina after rolling across the Bahamas.

Next, an accelerating Irene will flirt with the Delmarva and New Jersey then move on to eastern Long Island and southeastern New England.

[Image: uhaI_2_640x480.gif]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7560]

Everyone on the East Coast, STAY SAFE! Smiley_emoticons_wink

I wasn't too concerned until I just read that it could come up the Chesapeake. *sigh*

Fuck.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I WOULD BE TERRIFIED! just sayin'

Anyone here feel that earthquake?
i am quite unhappy about this. the '38 'cane is legendary here, devastating.

[Image: map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg]

It's not every day you see a hurricane forecast cone pointed into the Northeast.

In fact, the concern among meteorologists is high. National Hurricane Center Director Bill Read: "We are very concerned with what's going to happen in New England. The benchmark is the 1938 hurricane. I am very concerned with what will happen there."

The potential is real for the strongest hurricane hit on the Northeast in at least a couple decades this weekend.

People have plenty of Warnings now-a-days! Now is the time to prepare folks the best you can - lets Pray it will not get that fierce & keep the faith no matter what!!
LC~ Please tell me you evacuated the Cape? Or are planning to do so...soon!?
for various reasons, i am staying put and riding it out. if i lose power, i'll get back here asap. or go to Maggot's house. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

You would leave us to worry! Sheesh LC hah

i really hope Texas gets some desperately-needed rain out of this. my son's horse ranch is one of so many suffering from severe drought.

[Image: 090211_anhq_Nungesser.jpg]

NEW ORLEANS -- Tropical Storm Lee formed in the waters off Louisiana on Friday, threatening a drenching along much of the Gulf coast over the Labor Day weekend with up to 20 inches of rain in some spots.

Mississippi's governor declared a state of emergency in seven counties on or near the coast, saying the storm is expected to cause tremendous flooding. A state of emergency frees up resources that can be used to prepare for a storm, and Louisiana's governor declared one Thursday because of the threat of flash flooding. New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu also declared a state of emergency for the city.