Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Religious Arguing/News here---->
Burn in hell spawn of satan! Smiley_emoticons_razz
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Just because people do not believe in God does not make them stupid just ignorant. But they can believe what they want just dont take the athiest belief and become all uptight and self-absorbing with that pea-brained mentality. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
I man who worships a Jewish zombie calling Atheists pea brained.

Smiley_emoticons_smile
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(03-28-2011, 07:32 PM)shitstorm Wrote: [quote='Duchess' pid='144538' dateline='1299889197']

Do you go to church? Anyone?

I do every Sunday & my children (ages 10 & 16) attend the Church functions weekly(forced the first week, but they enjoy it now) ....But, then again, I'm from Ohio
I'm not very religious, I was just testing the double standard athiests use against believers. Athiests call believers stupid, ignorant and any number of derogitary names. is it because they absolutly know with 100% certainty that there is no God? No, there is the .99999% in them that hesitates and that is where the anger comes from.
I SO want to wear a zombie Jesus t-shirt to church this week. I wonder if they'll get mad...
this thread at link was a goof on a thread called a friendly warning to all morons. it kind of fits here. maybe i can figure out how to attach/merge it. 25 hah

a friendly warning to all mormons.

http://mockforums.net/thread-4141.html?h...ht=mormons

(03-31-2011, 12:32 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm not very religious, I was just testing the double standard athiests use against believers. Athiests call believers stupid, ignorant and any number of derogitary names. is it because they absolutly know with 100% certainty that there is no God? No, there is the .99999% in them that hesitates and that is where the anger comes from.

I'm not angry.

I actually have more respect for people that are fully committed to a religion how they have paid for their ticket in the spiritual lottery, as opposed to wishy washy, hedging my bets just in case theres a heaven, death bed repentance douchebags like you and MF.

I do not know for absolute certainty there is not a god, I also don't know for a certainty that there aren't giant pink bunnies floating around the far reaches of the universe, I'm not going to start worshipping or believing in them anymore than I worship or believe in god.

One thing is a certainty, I don't believe in god or a higher conscious power. That is a 100% certainty.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Lets try this again.

Is it actually necessary to deny something that doesn't exist?

or is it just that you want to proselytize the believer away from God, destroy his faith, and ruin his testimony for a God you claim doesn't exist?

seems rather foolish to me, if God does not exist then what are you fighting against?

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Wrong, being an Atheist is passive, it is a lack of belief. It requires nothing active on my part.

I believe in one less god than you do. I am not fighting anything or anyone.

I have never proselytized Atheism, and never will.
(03-31-2011, 01:14 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: Wrong, being an Atheist is passive, it is a lack of belief. It requires nothing active on my part.

I believe in one less god than you do. I am not fighting anything or anyone.

I have never proselytized Atheism, and never will.

Atheism is not passive, it's an active disbelief in God. you posted your position as an atheist, it's obviously not inert or you would have posted nothing.

A disbelief in a God that atheists claim don't exist.

It's ridiculous to oppose that which does not exist.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(03-31-2011, 10:44 AM)AriGold Wrote: I try to be really non-confrontational about religion because people are entitled to believe what they want--they're just wrong.

To me, it comes down to the question of logic versus believing that the 'Lord of the Rings' actually happened. That's how far-fetched religion is. It may as well involve dragons, orcs and shit.

It has no basis in reality.

All too often, those who believe in religion, use it as a crutch to make themselves feel better about their position in life. Whether it's to pick themselves up after murdering somebody and ruining their life or they're on their deathbed and need to feel comfortable about what's on "the other side," it's there to fill that spot in their brain that can't comprehend something.

They suddenly "find" religion...

This is why religion is so prominent in prisons, drug rehab centers, and in the mind of the Vietnamese prostitute lying in my bed the morning after (I get the overnight prostitutes; that's right I'm a big spender, beeeotches)

I'm not saying finding religion in these situations is bad, if it helps somebody be a better person, that's great, but what I'm saying is that people shouldn't need to be told not to be a shitty person and whether or not they believe in Allah or God or Vishnu or Zeus or whatever else -- they're still going to die and they're still going to the same nothingness that everybody goes to.

Religion is not a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Awesomeness. Except for slandering Tolkien.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-31-2011, 03:32 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Atheism is not passive, it's an active disbelief in God. you posted your position as an atheist, it's obviously not inert or you would have posted nothing.

A disbelief in a God that atheists claim don't exist.

It's ridiculous to oppose that which does not exist.

Why do you use the word "oppose"? Do you feel you are being attacked by persons who don't adhere to your chosen belief? Why do you really care what someone else thinks?

You would be sad to learn that many persons with an atheistic bent kinda don't really care. Don't confuse that fat lady atheist with all atheists or I will confuse the Jehovah's Witnesses with the regular Dick Christians.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I posted nothing personal. Other than how stupid it is to stand in opposition to a non existent in their opinion God.

Atheists oppose the existence of God, which is far different than an agnostic which just denies the power of God.

Quote: Why do you really care what someone else thinks?

a question for an answer, why do atheists care what someone else thinks?

in reality, for an atheist to post to a Christian their disbelief is an acknowledgement of the God the Christian claims as their belief.

Why would they fight agaist a God that doesn't exist?

It's moronic.

John Adams

I don't ascribe to a particular religion but I don't think religion is all bad. Yeah, it can be (left to extremists) but I think your everyday, church-goer who isn't shoving their religion down my throat (or going to war over it), well, good for them. What's the harm? Believe in your religion. Strive to be a better person (with your religious principals). Take comfort in your religion if it helps. I don't care. I don't think everyone who participates in religious practices are stupid...it's kind of like meditation. Or yoga. If it brings you some peace/happiness...go for it.
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-31-2011, 10:04 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Atheists oppose the existence of God.

Complete and utter unadulterated horseshit.

We can now add Atheism to the growing list of things dick has no comprehension of yet insists on having an opinion on.
(04-01-2011, 08:39 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(03-31-2011, 10:04 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Atheists oppose the existence of God.

Complete and utter unadulterated horseshit.

We can now add Atheism to the growing list of things dick has no comprehension of yet insists on having an opinion on.

a·the·ist   /ˈeɪθiɪst/ Show Spelled
[ey-thee-ist] Show IPA

–noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

John Adams

(04-01-2011, 08:46 AM)IMaDick Wrote: a·the·ist   /ˈeɪθiɪst/ Show Spelled
[ey-thee-ist] Show IPA

–noun

Uh-huh, did you notice the complete lack of the word "oppose" in that definition dipshit?
(04-01-2011, 08:59 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(04-01-2011, 08:46 AM)IMaDick Wrote: a·the·ist   /ˈeɪθiɪst/ Show Spelled
[ey-thee-ist] Show IPA

–noun

Uh-huh, did you notice the complete lack of the word "oppose" in that definition dipshit?

you are in this thread opposing God's existence, that would be applied in a practical sense, which takes us back to my original statement.

It's moronic to oppose a God you claim doesn't exist.

John Adams

There is no point in debating this anymore because it is crystal clear to anyone with half a brain that you have no idea what Atheism is.

I believe in one less god than you do, I "oppose" nothing.