Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Major League Baseball Opening Day
(10-30-2017, 03:42 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Is it just me or is the Astro's bullpen the worst you've ever seen in a world series game? Seriously.

They’re not very good at all.

Their regular season closer, Ken Giles, has been basically benched for this series because even worse than anything we saw last night.
(10-30-2017, 04:55 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 03:42 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Is it just me or is the Astro's bullpen the worst you've ever seen in a world series game? Seriously.

They’re not very good at all.

Their regular season closer, Ken Giles, has been basically benched for this series because even worse than anything we saw last night.
They could save everyone a lot of time and just set up the T-ball stand on home plate instead of looking to the bullpen. hah
It’s really not supposed to be this easy to hit 95mph fastballs.

I swear!
(10-30-2017, 12:15 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Now, regardless of what others here would have you believe, I’m pretty good at this prognosticating thing (sports at least).

If you make a pick, and coin my ‘there Ya have it’ phrase, you must truly believe it.

I truly believe it, my prognosticating friend.

Of course, you truly believed the combined runs for last night's game were gonna total 9......and the two teams managed to rack up a whopping 25. So, I'm cautiously confident in my belief.

Anyway, I'm standing by my forecast. L.A. will win Game 6 and Game 7. We need to do much better on the mound than we did last night to make it happen and I believe we will.

Start working on your image-posting skills!
Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

It's on! Game 7 goes down in Los Angeles tomorrow night. Winner takes all.

Game 6 Score: Dodgers 3, Astros 1
Not as wild and exciting as Game 5, but a solid watch.

Roberts made really good bullpen calls for the Dodgers tonight, I thought.

Kenley Jansen was an awesome closer.
You know what I truly believe? I truly believe the network prefers a 7 game series. Do I think the fix is in? Possibly, but there's too much money involved to ever know the truth.
Tonight's big showdown should be great. It's good to see baseball raking in big ratings again. The Astros haven't typically been as good in away games, so I hope that gives us an advantage. Really pulling for the Dodgers, but it would be cool for Houston to take home the championship trophy for the first time too.

Here's an overview of the pitching match up.

The starting pitching matchup is a rematch of Game 3. Darvish had nothing in his first-ever World Series appearance, recording just five outs and giving up four earned runs. McCullers battled through 5.1 innings, surrendering three earned runs and getting the victory in a 5-3 Astros win. Brad Peacock closed out the game for Houston by getting the final 11 outs without allowing a hit.

Game 7 will be about much more than the two starting pitchers. Just about every pitcher is available in what’s guaranteed to be the final game of the MLB season. That could even include Justin Verlander, who suffered his first loss as an Astro when he gave up two runs in six innings Tuesday night.

Where will Los Angeles manager Dave Roberts turn if he needs to pull Darvish early? Clayton Kershaw could be available after he was unable to hold a sizeable lead in Game 5. The left-hander is no stranger to closing out winner-take-all games, having done it in Game 5 of the 2016 NLDS when he got a two-out save on just one day of rest.

Having an expanded bullpen is key for both teams. L.A. used all of their top relievers to force a Game 7. Brandon Morrow continued his streak of pitching in every game this series, and Kenta Maeda made his fourth appearance in six days. Kenley Jansen was perfect, though he went two innings for the save.

http://www.ibtimes.com/world-series-2017...os-2608859
(10-26-2017, 12:01 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Houston’s got a very good squad.

They won 101 games this year which trailed the Indians and Dodgers.

They scored the most runs of any team in baseball this year and just beat Boston and the Yankees to advance to the WS.

I’m a little biased toward the American League but I think overall, they’re a smidge better.

We will see!

As for a bet, if I win, you have to write me an open letter telling me how we would spend our days ion a deserted island if we had a couple of years to ourselves.

Astros Win 4 games to 3.

Please don’t bother with paying off our bet.

I’ll just gloat knowing that what I predict ^^ is pretty damn accurate

hah I think you're even more obnoxious than I am.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-02-2017, 11:56 AM)Duchess Wrote:

hah I think you're even more obnoxious than I am.

I’m not gloating because I bested HotD in sports prognosticating.

That’d be like her beating me in some political debate.

Not much of a match.

I’m gloating because almost every bit of commentary I made regarding this series was essentially spot on.

If I take my home teams out of my predictions, and can look at other teams objectively, I’m pretty damn good.
The Astros played a great series and deserved to win.

I’m really happy for them and the city of Houston.

We’ll be ready next year.
Is HOTD betting again? hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
No Mags. All those bet posts upthread are just more figments of your imagination. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Hey MS, I thought of you when I saw clip of the Phillies packing up semi's for their road trip to Florida for the start of Spring training. It won't be long now.
I like going to baseball games. Watching on television takes away from the entire game and being there is where it's at. I don't care if it a minor league or major league. Being in the stands and hearing, smelling and watching is a blast.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Did anyone see the video of the pretty young woman who caught the ball in her cup of beer? Ahahaha! She then chugged her beer. I'll try to find video of it.
Didn’t see it.

My daughter got a ball flipped to her by Logan Morrison on Sunday at the Twins game.

Her brother is juuuuussssst a tad jealous.

He exclaims, “She doesn’t even LIKE baseball.”
(06-06-2018, 12:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: He exclaims, “She doesn’t even LIKE baseball.”

That would be my reaction as well if my non-football watching girlfriend got the ball after I dragged her to open practice. I wouldn't like that at all!
(06-06-2018, 12:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 12:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: He exclaims, “She doesn’t even LIKE baseball.”

That would be my reaction as well if my non-football watching girlfriend got the ball after I dragged her to open practice. I wouldn't like that at all!

He’s taking it pretty well all things considered!

MS took his kids to a ball game.

He sent me this picture hours ago and I looked at it and asked him if he wanted me to post it. Moments ago I saw that he asked me to do so in the original email. I'm sorry, MS. I'm slow, Oy!

Here are his precious kids.

[Image: QTNpfHD.jpg?1]