Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
2012 ELECTION
Also, while I'm at it, the Republican Party needs to understand a couple of things:

1. Elections are no longer won by pandering to voters between the ages of 30-55. Young people were a huge reason why Obama won again. Vanilla, milk-toast, OLD white men will NEVER get elected in this country again. Too racially diverse.

2. Focus on the Latino vote. Trounced again, something like 68%-32% for Obama in this election. Start grooming this Rubio guy from Florida for 2016 (or someone similar).
(11-07-2012, 02:31 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Vanilla, milk-toast, OLD white men will NEVER get elected in this country again.

I guess you're out then.
(11-07-2012, 02:37 PM)username Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 02:31 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Vanilla, milk-toast, OLD white men will NEVER get elected in this country again.

I guess you're out then.

And bingo ^^^ was his name-o!

You're really quick on the uptake!

Must be all that stairclimber and Soduko that you're doin', keeping you sharp!?!?
(11-07-2012, 02:37 PM)username Wrote:

I guess you're out then.

Smiley_emoticons_smile

MS: My mom really likes Rubio; was disappointed when he wasn't chosen as the VP candidate (but she's since become a huge Ryan fan).

I think you're right about Rubio being someone to look out for as a possible 2016 candidate. Rand Paul (hopefully) as well. Would be interesting if Hillary really did throw her hat in the ring then too.

username: Just reading up a bit. I understand that Democrats did strengthen their hold on the Senate but came up short in recapturing the majority of the House that they lost two years ago. Obama's gonna face the same divided Congress going into 2013.

I hope that "reaching across the aisle" is more than just an antiquated notion at this time. I agree with you; we're gonna see the same bullshit and slowness/impotence in government if both parties can't do better at putting addressing issues for the good of the country (you know, their responsibilities) ahead of party line stubborness.

Mr. Bone: No need for an ambulance. I've got the cure.
(11-07-2012, 02:56 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Obama's gonna face the same divided Congress going into 2013.

This is a tremendous issue. I think so many of them act like children & let personalities get in the way of working together. I can't recall the last time I saw any of them compromising. I really don't even think any of them look at their job as working for the American people.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-07-2012, 02:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Did Obama also get the popular vote?

As of 2:30 p.m. EST Obama has widened his popular vote lead. He now leads 60,193,076 or 50.4% to 57,468,587 or 48.1% with nearly all precincts reporting. Still no official word yet.
Obama has no solution to the current problem except more government spending. That in turn compounds the bigger problem of sovereign debt and unfunded liabilities, because there is not enough revenue coming into the coffers to pay for it. Add to that the expenses of Obamacare that will kick in the next year or two, and watch the debt balloon to over 21 trillion before the next presidential election.

Economic growth would help, but again Obama knows nothing about it and has not been able to get the economy moving after four years. In fact, he wants to tax potential job creators at a higher tax rate to help pay for the government spending he wants to continue. That will slow the economy further... look for the next recession to officially begin in a few months bringing more layoffs and higher unemployment.

We're fucked people. The result from the election yesterday guaranteed it.
Thank God Republicans maintained control of the house. I'm hoping (maybe wishful thinking) for some compromise. Simpson-Bowles!
Commando Cunt Queen
The flag S/B flown at half mast! (for the next 4 years)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(11-07-2012, 04:15 PM)username Wrote: Thank God Republicans maintained control of the house. I'm hoping (maybe wishful thinking) for some compromise. Simpson-Bowles!

Don't count on it. Harry Reid is already talking about changing the rules in the senate to limit opposition (read: preventing republicans from filibustering), and is claiming that the election result is a mandate to raise taxes.

Why compromise when you can just continue to ram your agenda down peoples throats?
(11-07-2012, 04:32 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 04:15 PM)username Wrote: Thank God Republicans maintained control of the house. I'm hoping (maybe wishful thinking) for some compromise. Simpson-Bowles!

Don't count on it. Harry Reid is already talking about changing the rules in the senate to limit opposition (read: preventing republicans from filibustering), and is claiming that the election result is a mandate to raise taxes.

Why compromise when you can just continue to ram your agenda down peoples throats?

Well there's only so much he can squeak through with executive orders and such.

If Romney had been elected, I wonder how much of his agenda would have made it through the senate? The way things are structured now, there pretty much has to be compromise or nothing is going to get done. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I definitely don't want to pay more taxes (I'm pissed about prop 30 here) but, if that were the only way to get a Simpson-Bowles type deficit reduction plan through, with corresponding cuts, I think it should be on the table.

We're headed towards Greece.
The dam has been breached. The taxes will come if you do not pay them you will go to jail. Inflation will take the rest. This is what America wants though. So it will have it. A prediction. Hollywood actors will move to other states fleeing like rats from a barn thats on fire.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I had someone on my Twittter post today that she does business with insurance companies and they are getting notices left and right of businesses notifying them that they plan to drop their company sponsored health plans.
Today really has been a weird day.

My mom called me and then was so pissed off talking at length about the election results and how screwed we are (die-hard Republican) that I had to tell her that I'd call her back because I kept missing other calls and I was a little worried about her getting so worked up.

My nephew (light of my life and die-hard Dem) texted me around noon. He's a vocational Special Ed teacher in Riverside County. This was his loving message:

Hey Aunt X,
Prop 30: Passed. Suck it! Told ya so! Love you - you LOSER.

I'm just not thinking about it much today - election day hangover, listening to music and actually secured two assessments for potential new clients this afternoon. 30

Please let the next 4 years be better than the last...
The downward spiral has only just begun. I am still in shock that the fool has another shot at bringing us to our knees,as if we are not already there.We seem to be our own worst enemy as we are like lambs being led to the slaughter and they celebrate as if they have no idea what is coming down the pike.What fucking idiots.
(11-07-2012, 07:27 PM)Misguided Wrote: The downward spiral has only just begun. I am still in shock that the fool has another shot at bringing us to our knees,as if we are not already there.We seem to be our own worst enemy as we are like lambs being led to the slaughter and they celebrate as if they have no idea what is coming down the pike.What fucking idiots.

All THEY know is the Gravy Train's Hours of Operation have just been extended another 4 years.

Why would that have a negative connotation in a freeloader's world?

I hope all the doomsday prophesizers turn out to be wrong.
I was big fan of David Stockman before Ronald Reagan took office, I thought he had the right idea back then. He was Reagan's Budget Director, he is the son of a Fruit Farmer and we have far too many Lawyers in Government.

His new book is coming out March 26, 2013

[Image: 51zjIEStUBL._SS500_.jpg]
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau

I believe in capitalism. I'm a Capitalist!
I need to divorce myself from all things political for a month. If I hear anything on the radio I'm changing it. When people talk about it I'm leaving the room. I'm just gonna grunt when it comes up in conversation. I'm reading the funnies first.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I too have filed for a trial separation from all things politics; started it yesterday afternoon.

But, by 7:45 pm, politics had begun stalking me - didn't take long. I met some business-related friends for pizza, and within 10 minutes they were lifting their mugs to toast the re-election of Obama, "the greatest".

For one second I was ready to push it from toast to talk. Luckily, the thought passed with the second. I said "cheers" to Obama (who I truly hope exceeds my expectations and succeeds), and we moved on to music and men.

I wonder how long this trial separation will last? I don't think that I can make it a month, but gonna at least try to make it to Thanksgiving. There's the Republican side of my mom's dinner table and the Democratic side - I've got a chair at a solo end (and the one other Independent in the immediate family is on the other solo end). Same thing every year; this year should be especially lively (I wouldn't change it/them for anything but do plan on mixing a huge bowl of heavy-handed eggnog this year).