Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
i don't know Owl. i'm so tired i have to look with fresh eyes tomorrow. honestly i think all this is red herrings.
i can't get past Brettly. he bothers me.
maybe i am too suspicious and off the mark this time.
there is no reason for a stranger to take the bike.

(05-25-2012, 09:36 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i don't know Owl. i'm so tired i have to look with fresh eyes tomorrow. honestly i think all this is red herrings.
i can't get past Brettly. he bothers me.
maybe i am too suspicious and off the mark this time.
there is no reason for a stranger to take the bike.

I'm thinking your a very good Lady Cop! not following the herd and sticking to your opinion, well I admire that! Get a good nights sleep.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(05-25-2012, 12:12 AM)shitstorm Wrote: ... If her abductor had a pick up or a van, it would be easy to take the bike, too. She may have been knocked off her bike or broke down with a flat. Whatever happened probably happened fast. She never had time to use her cell phone. There are parts of her probable bike route that looked very spooky to me. I can easily where she could be abducted and nobody would see it go down.

I don't think it would be that easy to take the bike too for ONE person - unless the person had a pickup, van, or large SUV - AND unless Mickey was subdued (hit by the vehicle; tasered, handcuffed, & gagged; knocked out). It could have been two or more people, or as others have suggested above, someone could have abducted Mickey and left the bike, and another person found it and rode off with it.

Another possibility is that someone along her route took her. Maybe someone was coming home and subdued Mickey and got her inside a residence, then went back out for the bike and stuck it in the garage.
LC, you're so fast with the latest! Good work.

I know you're hung up on Brettly. I feel just the opposite. I'm glad this video has been discovered and corroborates what he's said.

I'm afraid that someone stalked Mickey - or "trolled" her, like serial killers do. If that white truck is involved, having the tailgate off would certainly facilitate putting the bike in quickly. Why someone would take the bike, I don't know but I also don't know why psychopaths do lots of things.
St Landry heads into Coliseum which is wide open and no houses:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Saint+Land...6&t=m&z=16

I've seen mention and concern about the possibility of her taking Coliseum. I think there may be a bike path around there. Fine in the daytime, way NOT fine at night.
OMG, in that Lauren Spierer case, there was also a white pick up seen:

LOOK AT THIS - http://www.chelseahoffman.com/2011/10/la...emand.html

Is it the same one?
Truck seen where Lauren Spierer disappeared

[Image: newlaureneblog.jpg]
(05-25-2012, 11:20 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Truck seen where Lauren Spierer disappeared

[Image: newlaureneblog.jpg]

Wow! talk about co-incidence. The white truck we are looking at with Mickey looks like black door handles and shiny chrome wheels. This truck carries at least 5 passengers. It's for heavy duty work, it's a workhorse!
the tailgate is off possibly to haul horse feed or a trailer. Someone needs to ask Brettly where did she ride this horse? how far away is it from town etc., I thought I heard a carnival was going on in the area, how far is it from Brettly's house? carni workers might use a truck like this and then how big is the horse ranch, farm or stable? you don't need a truck like that if someone has one horse. Most of these trucks are turbo diesel. Wonder if anyone saw the white truck at Taco Bell! I agree with Kip 2 could be involved.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
If it's someone from the carnival, they're going to be caught because the truck is so identifiable. I'm gonna bet it won't be that simple. Seems like it's a good possibility that both abductions involve the same exact truck and driver. It's just too damn coincidental. The question is: is the killer a local or traveling? In Lady Cop's link another girl said she took a ride from a guy in truck like this!!! He offered her $$ for sex but let her go.
(05-26-2012, 12:21 AM)shitstorm Wrote: If it's someone from the carnival, they're going to be caught because the truck is so identifiable. I'm gonna bet it won't be that simple. Seems like it's a good possibility that both abductions involve the same exact truck and driver. It's just too damn coincidental. The question is: is the killer a local or traveling? In Lady Cop's link another girl said she took a ride from a guy in truck like this!!! He offered her $$ for sex but let her go.

I watched the video you mention and this girl took a ride in a GMC Sierra 2500 Texas Edition White pick-up about 2 months ago, she is too exhausted riding her bike to think clearly and accepts a ride with this geezer and he loads her bike in his truck, all the while he's ranting and raving on about sex and he would give her money, he told her he drives around town looking for pretty girls to pick up, my God! glad she got away safe.

The pick up truck if you look it up has Texas Edition Emblems, Chrome Wheels, 4 door with black door handles. Here is one thing I noticed the gas cap door is originally paint colour, take a look at the truck in the picture it is not a white gas cap door, I think he has a special aluminum or chrome fancy gas cap on truck or the whole painted door is not on it, one of the two here. Looking closer a dually would have extra wheels at back this 2500 doesn't however, it's still a workhorse truck. Shitstorm this truck is going to stick out like a sore thumb JMO
Henry David Thoreau
It's hard to tell because the trucks are shot at different angles, but it looks like a gas cap is visible on the driver's side of the truck in this case, and there's not one in the Lauren Spierer case. Also the rear passenger windows look to be a slightly different shape.

The missing tailgate on this truck ought to make it easier to identify than if it had been present.
if that is Mickey at 0147 on bike in video-cam, then that lets Brettly off my radar. it means she did leave his house.

[Image: mickey1.jpeg]

It's really so hard to tell but it looks like that person on surveillance riding the bike has big, light colored hair kind of like mickey's head of curls. Just my first impression
The first video released at circle K gas station the white truck is heading into a left turning lane at traffic light IMO and then we see on new video Mickey passed by the same gas station, my guess is the white truck spotted her, turned around after he makes a left turn and comes back behind her, he's caught on video again, I don't think it's some hood rat here type because that type of truck requires money to keep maintained it has to cost a chunk $$$ just to fill up with fuel. The truck has a bed cover and they have narrowed in now that it's a Chevy Z-71 so you'd lay a bike flat and slide it under that cover. These details now rule out the other girls story unless this person has 2 trucks, also darkened windows.
Henry David Thoreau
if the owner of that truck doesn't live under a rock, and is innocent, they should turn up at police HQ pretty quickly.

if the owner of that truck is not innocent, they should be shaking in their boots because a state and national registry search of that make/model/year/color vehicle WILL uncover it. or someone will recognize it and report it.

I was scouting around looking for horse farms near Mickey's home, I found 3 of them and this one Willow Oaks only 12 minutes, 6 miles from her home and this statement was on the website.

"Mickey Shunick has been part of Willow Oaks for 12 years, she started taking lessons at the age of 8, became a horse owner at 12 years old and began showing on the "A" show level at 15 with her second horse Just Jerry in the Child Adult Jumpers and Junior Hunters. Mickey started her teaching in summer camps, there she showed her gentle way of getting her point across to young riders.
Mickey is now a Junior at The University of Louisiana in Anthropology and is training a 5 year old Hunter Prospect "Hey Jude"

http://www.willowoakseq.com/Trainers.html
Henry David Thoreau
(05-26-2012, 11:09 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: if the owner of that truck doesn't live under a rock, and is innocent, they should turn up at police HQ pretty quickly.

if the owner of that truck is not innocent, they should be shaking in their boots because a state and national registry search of that make/model/year/color vehicle WILL uncover it. or someone will recognize it and report it.

God, I hope you're right and they do find the owner of that truck. I've been reading that these 4 door white pick ups are all over Louisiana. Ihope the FBI can do some photo enhancement.

I've been back and forth on the white trucks shown in the stills. The ones on St Landry (by the gas station and where Mickey is seen) are the same truck, I'm sure. The other is on University and the police seem to think it has a cover over the back. The one by the gas station doesn't appear to have a cover. It's hard to tell, for sure, but where all of that reflection makes the tail end of the truck hard to make out, I think it's because of the street light shining into the white truck bed.

These photos, all together, send chills up my spine:

[Image: mickey1.jpeg]
[Image: pic2.jpg]
[Image: mickey2.jpeg]
[Image: pic1.jpg]

Because they aren't all time stamped, it's hard to say if pic #3 should be pic #1. Were the TWO cars at the gas pumps before or after Mickey shows up? Either way, this looks like the truck was following her.
Here's the route where cameras show Mickey and the truck

http://api.ning.com/files/2ij8pV6kyyr8Wx...?width=400
"pickup truck of unknown make and model"

[Image: bilde?Site=DG&Date=20120527&Category=NEW...arly-quit-]

Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft walks past a banner displaying information about the disappearance of Mickey Shunick

full article at link:
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/201...y=nav|head

As the investigation into the disappearance of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick enters its second week, police and volunteers aren't giving up hope that the missing bicyclist — whose case has generated unprecedented community support — will be found safe.

"I think everybody — the investigative team and myself — feels that it is way too early to quit. Way too early," Lafayette Chief of Police Jim Craft said Friday. "I can tell you that the investigators are here every day for long hours. We've got to force them to go home. ... The longer this goes on, we're not going to be able to keep the same amount of resources we have dedicated to this case, but one week is not long enough for us to say we have to scale back."

Instead, investigators are handling a torrent of new tips and leads that began pouring in after surveillance videos released Friday showed a woman believed to be Shunick riding her bicycle along Versailles Boulevard and St. Landry Street around 1:47 a.m. May 19. A white, four-door pickup truck of unknown make and model is also seen in the video, traveling in the opposite direction, about one minute after Shunick passes.

"We've actually been flooded with information on potential trucks and why they are suspicious, that we should check a residence because there is a truck there.

Wasn't there a white pickup seen in another missing person case of a college student? I can't remember where but she was from NY.