Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Gay Marriage / Gay Rights
(05-22-2012, 10:15 PM)Disciple Wrote: Certain religious people try to deny gays this right, citing portions of the Bible that say its a sin.

I'm sorry. I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but are there other monotheistic religious "books" citing homosexuality as a sin or an affront to doctrine and beliefs? I gather [by your post] Christianity has the ONLY book chiding homos - am I mistaken?
(05-22-2012, 11:40 PM)username Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 10:30 PM)Disciple Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 08:43 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 12:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Not a single person, regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation has earned their way into 'heaven' on their own 'merit'.

If you're a believer, you know the only true way in, is simply by 'grace'.

This set of statements blows my mind. Really, it does.

Is it not counterintuitive by nature? Doesn't matter what you do to others, as long as your are J's homeboy, you are in?

Christians are like black people, always looking for a hook-up instead of just paying the full price.

You need to get off the computer.

NOW.

The shit you are spewing tonight is UNBELIEVABLE!

I go with Cracker on this one. It sickens me when people who survive a tragedy where other as deserving people die say "God saved me". Really? God wanted the little kid to die?

If there is a heaven, you think God lets people in on a whim? "you I'll give grace but not you because I'm not feeling gracious right now". If there's no criteria, what's the point of even trying to live within a certain set of morals?

The Christian definition of 'grace' is Jesus dying on the cross for every one of our sins.

He said there is no way, on our own, to eternal salvation because we are all sinners. There are no amount of 'good works' that'll help you earn your way in.

Bottom line according to Jesus: Believe in me (that I died for you), and you will have eternal life.

As for your point about little children dying, while others don't, and the ones who are saved give thanks to God, yeah that confuses me as well.
Why would God allow that? Every answer I've heard does not satisfy me.

User (and others): We all get the choice to believe in what we want. My mom was a devout Christian for 20+ years, and then switched to Buddhism. I want to tell her she's 'wrong', but I don't. I mean, I thinks she knows how I feel, but I don't preach to her.

I will raise my kids how I want, and then they can make choices when they get older.
interesting article with historical photos--->

Behind every great man there is a great... man?

Decades before gay partnerships became the hot topic of political campaigns numerous high-profile artists, including Walt Whitman and Greta Garbo, carried on same-sex unions which helped enrich American culture, according to a new book.

Whitman, widely regarded as America’s most influential poet, celebrated playwright Tennessee Williams, and screen siren Greta Garbo were all inspired and encouraged by their long-term lovers.

Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Tennessee Williams may have never written some of his most famous works had it not been for a one-night stand with a truck-driver, argues cultural historian Rodger Streitmatter.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1wGjPVmEj

[Image: article-2151239-13589F8A000005DC-785_636x370.jpg]

[Image: marriage.jpg]

[Image: gay_marriage.jpg]

I had a conversation last week with someone about the bible and this issue. Thing is, the bible also says it is OK to own slaves and beat your wife....and I am sure somewhere there is something about multiple wives.
It seems to me that the people of Israel were brought out of slavery, and that 2 cities were destroyed because of their complete corruption.

It also seems to me that the bible makes marriage very definitely between one man and one woman.

The qualifications of an elder or deacon and that of a pastor are pretty frickin specific.

But putting religion aside and just dealing with things as they are people are born with entrances and exits, females have two entrances and 1 exit, males have one entrance and one exit.

I trust the signs to be accurate for how things were intended to be.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I agree with the topic of this thread. Marriage is gay.
Having a dog is gay.

[Image: UYRFUYFQQ.jpg]
Hey dick, gay honeymoons are already legal. Interesting theory on "entrances and exits" though. Not sure how accurately it portrays even heterosexual bedroom activity, but it does say an awful lot about how much time you spend visualising gay sex.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-29-2012, 10:51 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I trust the signs to be accurate for how things were intended to be.

I sometimes think your views are archaic particularly when you want to deem the only things acceptable are what the bible & Glenn Beck say are acceptable.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-29-2012, 11:39 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 10:51 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I trust the signs to be accurate for how things were intended to be.

I sometimes think your views are archaic particularly when you want to deem the only things acceptable are what the bible & Glenn Beck say are acceptable.

You have me confused with someone else, I sometimes will use the bible and I sometimes will use beck but neither one of them are a complete journal to my opinion.

At some point I think we all have gathered up things from various sources that make up our feelings,opinions,life style,morals and a myriad of other things that we call ourselves.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Why do you think what they do is your business?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Your exit sign is somebody else's entrance sign. Never gonna change.
True story! Oooo gah!
I'm not so sure about anal sex personally speaking, but I can relate to the joys of prostate stimulation, so gay lovemaking is just that no matter what people say.

Gay men have a much higher maturation rate in LTR's than straight couples by the numbers. Lesbians tend to be more promiscuous, not sure why that is, but it's still all about love afaict.
Know what's funny? Dick clearly specifies in his post referring TO SEX PRACTICES that men have "one entrance" however women aren't equipped with anything that can truly be inserted into said entrance. Therefore, what dick is implying is that he's okay with getting one of his holes stuffed but not the other...
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-29-2012, 12:31 PM)Donovan Wrote: Know what's funny? Dick clearly specifies in his post referring TO SEX PRACTICES that men have "one entrance" however women aren't equipped with anything that can truly be inserted into said entrance. Therefore, what dick is implying is that he's okay with getting one of his holes stuffed but not the other...

I think your remedial reading course failed you donoboy.

Go eat something with your ass, tell me how it works out for you.
John Adams

Ahhh, but you're not talking about eating being illegal, your post was specifically about homosexual vs. heterosexual SEX. And I quote: "men have one entrance and one exit." and a whole bunch of nonsense about Bibles.

Now given that women simply don't possess any natural equipment that can be considered invasive, by process of elimination you are admitting there is one hole on your body where it would be okay to take a meat injection.

So which is it, dick ol' buddy? Which of your holes is acceptable as an entrance? Are you a sword swallower? Or a Big butt-inski? Ma says you want it real bad in the neck, but that's a whole other topic...
(05-29-2012, 10:18 PM)Donovan Wrote: So which is it, dick ol' buddy? Which of your holes is acceptable as an entrance? Are you a sword swallower? Or a Big butt-inski? Ma says you want it real bad in the neck, but that's a whole other topic...

Check mate. He's got you on the entrance comment, Dick. hah

(05-29-2012, 11:30 AM)Donovan Wrote: Hey dick, gay honeymoons are already legal. Interesting theory on "entrances and exits" though. Not sure how accurately it portrays even heterosexual bedroom activity, but it does say an awful lot about how much time you spend visualising gay sex.

One of the things that separates humans from animals is that we can successfully do things like manipulate environments, modify nature, etc. It may be "intended" that disease, weather, and wars wipe out a third of our population every few hundred years but we don't have to avoid preventing it. Stopping impregnation with birth control is another great example. It may not have been intended that humans colonize a moon or another planet but that should not necessarily stop us from trying.

How things are, used to be, or are intended is just no longer an acceptable or convincing line of reasoning in the 21st century. Most clear-thinking modern individuals who respect good reasons, good evidence, and good arguments over things like good adherence to scripture or the way things were intended, find your kind of arguments against things like equality for homosexuals to be both tiresome and immoral.
86 112
oh christ. fucking SPARE me. If Jesus were alive today he would fucking smite thee for such blasphemy.

Asshole.