Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loyalty
Are you a loyal person? Are you a good friend?

What if you had a friend who had feelings for someone, but you decided to hook up with them instead, do you think that is wrong? Is that disloyal to your friend? After all, they weren't going out or married right? Alls fair in love and war. Or is it?
I think it depends on how close of a friend that person is. I roomed with the same girl every year in college and knew she had a tremendous crush on this guy. He asked me out instead, but I told him I could not do that to her (even though I wanted to date him). Turns out that a year later they started dating and got married right after graduation. Still together 47 years later. She never knew he asked me out.............unless he told her. I considered her friendship more important.
I would not fuck with my freinds fuck BUT might trade my fuck to a freind for the use of their boat for the weekend. This was before I was married and was trading girlfriends like baseball cards.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-10-2012, 10:20 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Are you a good friend?

What if you had a friend who had feelings for someone, but you decided to hook up with them instead, do you think that is wrong? Is that disloyal to your friend? After all, they weren't going out or married right? Alls fair in love and war. Or is it?

Yes...because I know how to keep my mouth shut & I would never do anything to a friend that would later require an apology. Friendship is to be cultivated & treated with care.

I wouldn't mess around with a guy that a friend liked. Men come & go, friendships can last a lifetime.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
711 did you steal your best freinds boyfreind before they did the wham-jam? Thats very naughty.

Sounds like it, doesn't it. 39

Aww...or maybe Aussie's friend did that to her. That bitch! Aussie, I'd kick her ass for you.
I feel it would be disloyal. I wouldn't even think about it. I charish my friends and would never want to hurt them. Hoes before Bros. hah

Glad to see you back...Hope all is well, Aussie.
Teach, you just gone up on my Top Ten List.

Maggot, you are Number 2! AND you are off the Top Ten List too.

(09-10-2012, 10:57 AM)Duchess Wrote: Men come & go

Exactly, it makes me think of "TAXI" (meaning, there will be another along shortly/get me out of here/moving on).

(09-10-2012, 11:03 AM)Maggot Wrote: 7/11 did you steal your best freinds boyfreind before they did the wham-jam? Thats very naughty.

*singing* my boyfriends black and yer gonna be in trouble

That's not my style.
(09-10-2012, 11:07 AM)Duchess Wrote: Aww...or maybe Aussie's friend did that to her. That bitch! Aussie, I'd kick her ass for you.

Thanks Duch. Betrayal is a bitch. OMG.

(09-10-2012, 11:11 AM)JsMom Wrote: Hoes before Bros. hah

Glad to see you back...Hope all is well, Aussie.

I love that sayin'. I'm gonna use it.
I would slap whoever I was in the elevator with if it was me. Then take my shoes off and start hitting them with the shoes.
(09-10-2012, 11:24 AM)Maggot Wrote: I would slap whoever I was in the elevator with if it was me. Then take my shoes off and start hitting them with the shoes.

I wear those ergonomically correct shoes at work, I don't think that will cut it.
[quote='aussiefriend' pid='284472' dateline='1347290669']

Maggot, you are Number 2! AND you are off the Top Ten List too.

WTH does that mean? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch you little bugger.
You know what a number 2 is. That's for trading women like baseball cards.
If I knew one of my close friends wanted a shot at some girl and he called his shot I'd let him take a run at a new girl. (Yes ladies we call dibs on you like meat, and no we don't care what you think about that.) If said new girl then approached me I'd take her up on it but only if it was a new girl to both of us and he hadn't already been putting in legwork on her. If my bro is gonna be shot down, broken off or discarded by her going with me, she's offlimits.. I have had this happen once or twice and it ain't always easy, but it's the right thing to do. Any guy who will snake a friend's girl literally and figuratively, isn't a friend and is immediately one asswhooping short of his lifetime supply.
Honest and insightful Donovan.
I don't know if I am a good friend. I just presume that if a person who calls me friend doesn't say anything to the contrary, then I am. As for loyalty - I am loyal to the point of helping you bury a body as long as I think you don't screw me over.

As for the situation you described - it depends on so many factors - am I deeply in love? Is my friend deeply in love? Is there any chance in hell that man will ever choose my friend, even if I am not part of the equation? If it's less than love we are talking about, then hey, maybe a threesome is an alternative? I any case, I would talk about it with my friend. If she's really my friend, then we can sort it out. (Been there, done it, she's still my best friend and he's my ex.)

Quote:(Yes ladies we call dibs on you like meat, and no we don't care what you think about that.)
(Yes, gentlemen, some of us do that, as well, we just use less words...)
I value my girlfriends too much to ever commit the robbery on a guy they liked. One of my friends that I have known for close to 30 years had done that twice to another sort of friend of ours. Not cool and I told her so. She lied to me for months about it and then fessed up finally after she was done using the dudes. Things have never been the same between us and she can't for the life of her figure out why. Gee, maybe because you use men and then discard them when you are done? I just can't condone that sort of behavior.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(09-10-2012, 11:45 AM)Donovan Wrote: Yes ladies we call dibs on you like meat

*gasp* No way!

They call dibs on us. 28
It's cute how they think that they're the ones calling the shots, innit? hah

It was a huge laugh out loud moment...

...and wonderful to see they don't have a clue how it REALLY is. 39