Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?
Could possibly not fit the BS narrative?
(03-22-2018, 11:02 PM)pyropappy Wrote: How come no one in the lame stream media, nor here has mentioned the latest school shooting in southern Maryland?

It's been covered a lot in the ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING thread, pappy. That's where the school shootings are posted.
The Maryland high school shooting has also been covered extensively in the media, pappy.

Here's the link to the Mock posts on the subject (starts at #1616): http://mockforums.net/showthread.php?tid=10743&page=116
(03-22-2018, 11:02 PM)pyropappy Wrote: How come no one in the lame stream media, nor here has mentioned the latest school shooting in southern Maryland?

You didn't look for either one, not in Mock and not through television or print.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
This is very cool of Robert Kraft and the Patriots.

[Image: 4A7B9E1B00000578-0-Thank_you_Patriots_fo...957551.jpg]
'Thank you @Patriots for donating your plane to fly @ShineMsd to Washington DC We appreciate your support!' Student Kali Clougherty shared to Twitter.

Kraft donated the team's private jet to transport students and parents from Parkland school shooting to march against gun violence in DC.

The March for Our Lives is on Saturday in DC, the students and families flew out of Fort Lauderdale on Thursday.

They will also be flying home on the luxury airliner that Kraft donated when Rep Gabrielle Giffords, who survived a shooting, asked him for the favor.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z5Ac0nOmAB
(03-23-2018, 06:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: They will also be flying home on the luxury airliner that Kraft donated when Rep Gabrielle Giffords, who survived a shooting, asked him for the favor.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z5Ac0nOmAB

That's awesome, HotD! Kudos to all who had a hand in making it happen.

I know some of you are parents, does your kid's schools have active shooter training, something similar to the fire drills we all had as kids? Just curious.
I live in walking distance from the school and I've heard them do three of them now.
(03-24-2018, 10:14 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I know some of you are parents, does your kid's schools have active shooter training, something similar to the fire drills we all had as kids? Just curious.

Yep, they start them in Kindergarten.

It’s a terrible reality, although they don’t elaborate for the elementary aged kids exactly what they’re prepping for.
Yep, they don't call it an active shooter drill though. Their school does a fire drill, tornado drill, and a lockdown drill. The lockdown drill is described to them as what they are asked to do when someone is in the building without permission.
Today reminded me of what I like most about San Francisco.

The March for Our Lives had a very big turn-out here; luckily it isn't raining again. It was a sea of people of all ages and races walking peacefully side-by-side for a shared cause.

I only walked with the crowd for about 14 mile because I took a client who lost a great nephew to random gun violence 20+ years ago and he uses a walker. I wish my niece didn't have to work today and could have joined us.

Some local talking head wanted to interview us and my 87-year-old client said "no thank you, you need to talk to these young people AND listen to them." He was so solemn but very happy to take part; me too.

I'm watching some coverage of the DC March and speeches. Huge turn out. These kids know what they're doing. The power to finally affect some changes comes through pressure on apathetic and greedy lawmakers. "Vote them out" -- they get it.
That's really cool that you did that. I'm impressed and am glad you had the time to do it! You hopefully know that even though I support gun rights I'm a bit concerned of the violent and crazy death wishes of some of the nuts in our society. I'm hoping for an end to violence in our schools and various facets of society that in all actuality should have no place in our every day lives. I am trying in my own weird way to influence my own corner of the world in safety and respect for our every day things that should remain "normal" and common sense rituals. This bullshit of having to adjust our lives because of the few nutcases is a painful result of our current lives and a deplorable reflection of today's society.

I am glad you have taken a stand and congratulate all the kids that stood up without political backing. Using their own words. It was moving.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Thanks Mags. I'm glad I was able to participate for a bit too.
DancingpartyDancingpartyDancingpartyDancingparty You did good you really did. Love3 To tell you the truth I really don't care what side of any argument a person is for, I tend to love the effort no matter how big or small a person uses to make their voice heard. It's exhilarating at least and so very un-selfish and scary at most.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I didn't do much but show up as a sign of support for the kids and their cause. I'm proud of them.

I hope they have/get a lot of political backing, if they want it. They seem to see very clearly that the way to transform their meaningful words and efforts into policy change is at the voting polls and through the political process. They're right.

We didn't listen to any of the speakers here today, just walked (very slowly) in solidarity for a short while. But, I did watch clips of the kids who spoke in DC. Very moving, I agree.

I have more faith in these young people to effect change than I do in any lawmaker in DC.

The NRA has wasted no time in attacking them and are referring to the March as March For Their Lies and said if their schoolmates hadn't been killed no one would even know their names and called them hypocrites for not taking the money they raised for the March and used it to buy security guards for schools across America.

I'm aware that's too many "ands" and not a proper paragraph.
I think maybe the NRA might have underestimated their opponent this time. Kinda hard to claim the moral high ground about doing it "for the children" when the voices arrayed against you are the children themselves. There is no hotter burning passion than the anger of teens and twentysomethings. They have a ton of energy to burn and live for the fight.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
This 11-year-old has quite a presence. Her speech and demeanor kinda blew me away. Her name is Naomi Wadler and she's from Alabama.

The NRA is not doing itself any favors by attacking these kids, nor are the gun enthusiasts who continue to insist the kids are being 'manipulated', 'handled', 'puppetized' and all the other attempts to discredit and minimize their words and actions.

One of the things I liked a lot about the DC speeches yesterday was that the movement didn't focus only on school shootings, but all gun violence against children and adults.

Unsurprisingly, it doesn't matter how many times the most vocal young activists repeat that they aren't looking to undo the Second Amendment and take away the right to bear arms for self-defense and hunting.................the NRA and the gun-obsessed continue to insist they are leftist commies attacking the Constitution. That's some lame bullshit, in my opinion.

But, it doesn't seem to be fazing the kids anyway. They believe they're fighting for their lives and the lives of others. And, they grew up with on-line debate and trolling, so it's not intimidating to them. They just keep pushing forward.
The only thing the NRA can ever say is ‘2nd Amendment’.

That’s it.

Nothing further to add.

Ever.

“My right to own any conceivable weapon under the sun outweighs any persons right to life.’

End of discussion.
(03-25-2018, 12:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Unsurprisingly, it doesn't matter how many times the most vocal young activists repeat that they aren't looking to undo the Second Amendment and take away the right to bear arms for self-defense and hunting.................the NRA and the gun-obsessed continue to insist they are leftist commies attacking the Constitution. That's some lame bullshit, in my opinion.

Someone photoshopped a picture of Emma. The real picture is of her tearing in half a paper target, the chopped version is of her tearing the Constitution in half and people are believing it and are passing it around. It's out there now being seen and being believed.