Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SPORTS ILLUSTRATED COVER

Carol Alt said she was "too big" to model and a blogger called Skinny Girl, if I recall correctly. There's more but that's all that's coming to me right now. They both backpedaled after taking some flack.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
2015 Sportsperson of the Year

[Image: 60b41de0-a26d-11e5-897b-abf090e04e98_Scr...-41-AM.png]

Serena Williams won 53 of 56 matches this year.

Williams, 34, battled injury but dominated women's tennis and boasted the No. 1 ranking in the sport every week for the second year in a row. She narrowly missed the first calendar year Grand Slam when she suffered an upset loss during the US Open in September.

“I didn’t want to necessarily put a fist through a wall—I felt more like, Ah, man, I was so close!” Williams told the magazine. “I’ll always think about what I could have done better. Could I have come up on the net? Been more consistent? It’s not anger. It’s analyzing: What can I do next time?”

Serena is the third solo woman to receive the honor since its inception back in 1954, and the first since Mary Decker won the award back in 1983 — a span of 32 years.

Story: http://www.si.com/sportsperson/2015/12/1...erson-year
-------------------------------------------
Serena trains hard and kicks ass on the court -- I'm glad she got the honor.

Here's a list and bios for the 12 athletes who were in the running (including Ronda Rousey): http://www.si.com/sportsmanofyear/2015/1...contenders

That's a beautiful cover.
I remember her thighs a tad bigger than that. She should have shown that nutcracker ass. That's some booty right there.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Yea she is a pretty good looking woman. This is her home terf down here, seen her a couple times in town
She does deserve it, tennis takes a lot out of a person especially at her level, she is gifted.
(12-14-2015, 05:41 PM)Maggot Wrote: I remember her thighs a tad bigger than that. She should have shown that nutcracker ass. That's some booty right there.

I read that some of her fans are complaining that her pic was chopped to make her legs/thighs look smaller.
(12-15-2015, 06:43 AM)Maggot Wrote: She does deserve it, tennis takes a lot out of a person especially at her level, she is gifted.

Yea, got to agree
I think the pic is chopped though
(12-15-2015, 06:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 05:41 PM)Maggot Wrote: I remember her thighs a tad bigger than that. She should have shown that nutcracker ass. That's some booty right there.

I read that some of her fans are complaining that her pic was chopped to make her legs/thighs look smaller.
I'm hearing some grumbling that American Pharaoh should have gotten the cover. Horses are cool, but I don't think an animal can be included in the discussion.
Maybe if the publisher was Caligula.
(12-15-2015, 06:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:

When I initially saw the cover, my first thought was, "alright Serena, well deserved".

My second thought was, "why the hell did the editors slim her down so much?" It's not the swimsuit edition or a fashion magazine. Her muscular body is awesome and part of her athleticism.

Has Serena weighed in the Photoshop complaints/allegations? It's possible she's slimmed down a lot over the last couple of months (or she wanted the slimmed-down edit).
(12-15-2015, 01:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Has Serena weighed in the Photoshop complaints/allegations?

Not that I'm aware of but I haven't been online much, I'm tied up smoking weed, listening to carols and wrapping presents and now I'm taking a minute to hangout in here.
In the future there will be no models, just replicas and fake images.
To be a feminist is simply to believe that everybody should be treated equally, regardless of sex. It means you think that there should be equality of the sexes economically, socially, politically and personally. When you put it like that, it’s surely difficult for anybody to deny being a feminist. But for such a simple concept, it is often dramatically misunderstood.

(12-15-2015, 12:14 PM)Maggot Wrote: Maybe if the publisher was Caligula.
A true animal lover.hah

Kate got the cover for the 3rd time. Such a great looking woman.

[Image: 2017021573476641.jpg]
Daaaaaaaaaamn! Does she ever age? She is one sexy vampire.
As the Tubes once sang, 'She's a Beauty.'
(02-15-2017, 07:00 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Daaaaaaaaaamn! Does she ever age? She is one sexy vampire.

She's only 24, you doofus.
Thank Christ. If you said she was 44 I'd just go shoot myself.
Don't put your gun away yet, sal.

Christie Brinkley was featured in the same issue with her daughters.

[Image: 16230796_193876327756722_5019071079566540800_a.jpg]

She's 63.