Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A (Sort of) Semi Serious Discussion on Pillows
I own one of those pillows you purchase from a place like Sharper Image- you know, the ones where you can press your hand down on it and it will leave an image of your hand impression.  I don't know what the material is called, but it is the most comfortable pillow I've ever slept on.

Liz has hers and it is filled with goose down.  Every now and then one of those tiny feathers will poke out and prick me.  It surprisingly hurts when it catches you just right.  (There's definitely a mock there, but I'm moving on...)

Remember a few years ago when those pillows that were stuffed with some type of seeds were popular?  I purchased one and couldn't stand it.   Some type of husk or seed.  Not comfortable but sure looked like they would be on TV.  Now?  They're no where to be seen.

My complaint with pillows is when you are a guest at even a four or five star hotel the attention provided to pillows by staff is minimal.  Why is it they will give you like half a dozen huge, gigantic thick pillows tossed randomly all over the bed?  How about offering even just one sort of thin/regular pillow to those who like sleeping on their stomachs?   Even sleeping on your back you end up in the morning with a bit of back pain due to the angle those pillows force you to sleep at. 

Half the night is spent in punching the pillow with your fist to get it to comply (a joke can be made that pillows and women have that in common, but again, moving on. . .) yet that never works.

We spend a quarter to a third of our lives using a pillow yet the amount of time spend on making sure it is the right one is sometimes lacking.

What pillow do you prefer?  Foam?  Feather?  Other?  Do you love your pillow or do you have a sort of working relationship with it- it tolerates you and you it?

Fixed an embarrassing spelling error!

:Blush:
Memory foam. I've got a mattress topper made of the stuff and it's a dream.

Okay, Frank gets a lot of shit about his pillow love, but I've been carting around an extra pillow on trips for decades. I love my extra pillow and I can't sleep without it.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Memory foam. I've got a mattress topper made of the stuff and it's a dream.

Okay, Frank gets a lot of shit about his pillow love, but I've been carting around an extra pillow on trips for decades. I love my extra pillow and I can't sleep without it.

i've been thinking of a memory foam mattress thing, and looking online. my mattress is hard as a brick.

and my big fat goosedown pillow is wonderful. no more stiff neck! 32

weren't those pillows like buckwheat or something and they had the ones that had tiny styrofoam beads in them (like mini bean bag chairs)

I like big fluffy pillows, but I like one that will also form to whatever position I'm laying in
jackboots Wrote:
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Memory foam. I've got a mattress topper made of the stuff and it's a dream.

i've been thinking of a memory foam mattress thing, and looking online. my mattress is hard as a brick.

I can not recommend overstock.com highly enough. They have different sizes, but here's one example:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/8-i...oduct.html
I laid down on one of those memory foam matresses when we were looking for beds and it made me nauseous. I didn't try out the pillow. I like my goose down pillow and comforter, when I get too hot I flip them over and it's nice and cool on the other side.
That's it! Buckwheat. Thanks JB. What a freaking joke of a pillow it turned out to be, but I sure got wrapped up in the hype when they first were introduced.

(You'd think I'd learn when it comes to those info. commercials, but no... I just purchased a ShamWow a few days ago. . .)
Tried the memory foam topper but it only lasted a couple of years, we know use a latex type memory mattress far better than the topper and does not get as hot either.
sally Wrote:I laid down on one of those memory foam matresses when we were looking for beds and it made me nauseous. I didn't try out the pillow. I like my goose down pillow and comforter, when I get too hot I flip them over and it's nice and cool on the other side.

Overstock.com also offered goose down mattress toppers at one time. Purrrrrrrrr, what luxury!

No, I'm not a paid representativefor that site. :Blush:
OnBendedKnee Wrote:That's it! Buckwheat. Thanks JB. What a freaking joke of a pillow it turned out to be, but I sure got wrapped up in the hype when they first were introduced.

(You'd think I'd learn when it comes to those info. commercials, but no... I just purchased a ShamWow a few days ago. . .)
You actually buy stuff from those commercials ::laugh::I suppose you have one of those snuggies too.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:
jackboots Wrote:

I can not recommend overstock.com highly enough. They have different sizes, but here's one example:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/8-i...oduct.html
thanks! i will look the site over. i did buy a comforter from there once.

sally Wrote:
OnBendedKnee Wrote:That's it! Buckwheat. Thanks JB. What a freaking joke of a pillow it turned out to be, but I sure got wrapped up in the hype when they first were introduced.

You actually buy stuff from those commercials ::laugh::I suppose you have one of those snuggies too.
A backwards blanket with arms! What's wrong with a fucking robe? ::lmao::

that wasn't me...it was DPD.

shamwow--sucker! ::lmao::

I fucking LOVE this thread! Great posts! Memory foam, eh? I have to try that shit out. Wrapping around a memory foam body pillow while stoned, right after sex, right after my wife goes to sleep, sounds like paradise.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:I fucking LOVE this thread! Great posts! Memory foam, eh? I have to try that shit out. Wrapping around a memory foam body pillow while stoned, right after sex, right after my wife goes to sleep, sounds like paradise.
Memory foam hugs all your body parts... it's pretty sexy.
[user=1]Middle Finger[/user] wrote:
Quote:I fucking LOVE this thread! Great posts! Memory foam, eh? I have to try that shit out. Wrapping around a memory foam body pillow while stoned, right after sex, right after my wife goes to sleep, sounds like paradise.

It is.
If I was a believer of polygamy* I'd marry my pillow (but wouldn't have kids with it- who needs that drama?)

*Or, is that pillowgamy?!

HAH!

Alright, now I'm hard.
86 112
Maybe I'm old school, but my extra pillow is down and normal size. I've loved it for years. *SIGH*
[user=1]Middle Finger[/user] wrote:
Quote:Alright, now I'm hard.

Easy there partner. Eeeeeeeeasy does it. . .

[Image: PillowLove.png]
Anime.

Howl's Moving Castle is fucking amazing! Watch it.

Edit: spelling